Airmiles MEGA MILES ****Bonus miles are posting now*** Timeline added to 1st post

The miles that posted from HBC this week will be your quarterly bonus -- depending on your AM status, ONYX members get 25% of the total miles earned and GOLD members get 10% . SO depending on how much you spent over the 1st quarter you will get a portion of those show up listed as "BONUS REWARD MILES" compared to your regularly earned miles showing up as "REDEEMED HBC POINTS AUTOMATIC" This bonus is based on Dec, Jan & Feb
ahh, that makes sense then. Thanks @Donald - my hero

I am also done with MM! I used 7 coupons. I should have enough backups!

Yesterday I went to Metro to use the MM coupon. The cashier redeemed my AM but forgot to enter the MM code. She was not able to revert the transaction, and DH was batting his eyes (I told him to wait in the car but he wouldn’t listen!). I told the cashier I would use it today instead after confirming that the MM coupon could only be used once. I went today and made sure the cashier entered the code. This time the bonus 50 AM were shown on the receipt. Yesterday there was none on the receipt. I guess it means the 50 AM from store promo would be posted later and won’t be shown on the receipt. I am going again tomorrow to take advantage of the store promo one last time.

I've got three with Bonus Miles posted already, airmilesshops which I'm waiting to post but I did three purchases just because my AMAZON got split up into two orders which made them less than $20.00 (did Chapters and Marks), and I'm working on my Irving one (three more purchases to go and I need one of them today).

I've started on my DH's card now too.
I will probably only reach the three on his though.
He is taking care of the Irving purchases
I completed the Sobeys on his (not posted yet)
I plan to do the Needs/Sobey's Express one when it is available next week.

Wish me luck, I'm almost there!

I've got 295 cash miles but I was planning on using 285 today at Rexall. The new flyer has use 285AM, get 100AM which I can combine with the S$40, G40 Mega Miles.

Update: Went to Rexall yesterday and the system would not allow both the use 285, G100 and the S$40, G40 Mega Miles coupon. :guilty:

Two cashiers tried but if they scanned the MM coupon first, the system would not trigger to use the cash miles and if they used my cash miles first, the system would not take the MM coupon.

I've finished: Shell, Rexall, Staples, Sobey's, Foodland, and LCBO and IGA signups as backups. I bought two Sobeys gift cards last week, and used one to buy a Foodland one this week. (I used a second one to pay for my groceries) Good to go!

The Duck reporting in from Metro --- wow that was fun :P

Card set up during StB:

• Dare cookies -15 AM
  • Eggs - targeted - 3 AM
  • Cream targeted - 3 AM
  • Total -$10.28 meaning .28 out of pocket (put on MC cause I'm that annoying and want enough transactions!)
  • receipt shows 71 AM but NO PLU code for MM coupon that was a PIA for the cashier to use so we all know it was used!!
Main Card (total breakdown in the weekly thread this is what we considered our $10 purchases!)
  • Dare cookies - 15 AM PLUS 3 targeted
  • 3 yogurts -20 AM plus 4 targeted
  • Total -$12.96 meaning 2.96 out of pocket (but included in main bill)
  • miles attributed to this promo 92 again same issue with MM coupon
The 2 cashiers involved both agreed that the 50 AM from the flyer will more than likely post later. I pulled up the account for the new card and the receipts for the StB (because you know i have all of that stuff still!!) and scanned the thread dedicated to that promo and can confirm that the cash miles coupons did NOT print on the receipt for use cash miles and they did end up both posting and counting towards the promo. My receipt from December looks EXACTLY like it does today and i shopped on Dec 9th and the miles posted the 27th: under grocery 2 lines related to Bonus Miles, AM confirmation # and a BOLDER congrats for using cash miles
metro receipt.jpg

Last edited:

I've finished: Shell, Rexall, Staples, Sobey's, Foodland, and LCBO and IGA signups as backups. I bought two Sobeys gift cards last week, and used one to buy a Foodland one this week. (I used a second one to pay for my groceries) Good to go!

So I could use one of my Sobeys cards to get a Foodland one this week (and get the 150 airmiles promotion)? Can I also use my Foodland Mega Miles coupon for this?

So I could use one of my Sobeys cards to get a Foodland one this week (and get the 150 airmiles promotion)? Can I also use my Foodland Mega Miles coupon for this?
Don't count on being able to churn the gift cards -- some stores will not allow this while others do, it's strictly a YMMV event!

No, buying a gift card will not count towards threshold spends, the only time you will earn miles on these is if it is specifically mention either in a flyer or on a coupon.

Don't count on being able to churn the gift cards -- some stores will not allow this while others do, it's strictly a YMMV event!

No, buying a gift card will not count towards threshold spends, the only time you will earn miles on these is if it is specifically mention either in a flyer or on a coupon.

thanks - thought it was too good to be true, lol

Some online shopping updates:
Mark's has some incredible deals right now, extra 20% off EVERYTHING (including clearance), free shipping AND 2X multiplier. On Friday ordered the following for hubby
  • 2 pair of casual dressy pants -- $11.90-- buy one get one FREE
  • 1 pair dress pants -- $16.70
  • 1 dress no-iron shirt (and they are TRULY no iron!!) --$23.90 (normally 70)
  • 1 leather belt -$25.00
  • Total sale price : $90.95 -- that is less than we normally pay for 2 dress shirts!
This morning i got 3 e-mails with shipping details and i did a mini-freak out "if they separate it all out into sales under $20.00 I won't get my MM coupon NOR will i get the correct # of miles" :scared1: Relaxed a bit when i noticed that one came to $21.05 pre-tax -- enough to satisfy the coupon. Just now noticed it has already posted to my account for the proper 6 miles (was just under the $80 mark pre-tax) and i'm super happy since i always need to chase down Mark's!

Just waiting for HBC to post but they have a pretty decent track record.

Test question for anyone, which Air Miles Shops accept PayPal? I've got a bunch in my account I'd like to use, would make my online shopping feel "free" then!

So far:

Marks Yes
Old Navy No
Amazon No

Exactly. I didn't expect to be able to use the Sobey's card at Foodland for the gc. It was a real bonus-and surprise!

There is a one day only coupon for Rexall for tomorrow I'll be hitting up a Rexall tomorrow for sure, spend $50 and get 140 AM is great and even if i can't combine the 100 AM from the 1 day coupon is pretty decent! I'll be trying to combine it with the MM coupon

Rexall Spend $50 get 100 AM Valid Wednesday March 28th ONLY

**edited to correct my stupid error :P

Last edited:
We had to buy a new toilet this week. DH was going to go to Home Depot, I stopped him dead in his tracks and said "No! We are going to Kent so I can use a MM offer!" This was an unplanned one, so that will be a 6th for DH's card as a back up.
ROFL! At least you caught him ... hubby needs to take extra computers with him when he goes to clients for training when they don't all have personal ones to bring in with them because he prefers his training to be hands on. Certain programs don't play well with others so that determines which computers go to which client. He stopped into my pseudo office to let me know he had ordered one from New Egg, i spun around "that's in the AM portal you FOOL!" He sheepishly backed out and over his shoulder with a grin ... "I need some stuff from Mark's"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter