Airmiles MEGA MILES ****Bonus miles are posting now*** Timeline added to 1st post

Did my best to clean up an Ontario booklet and stuck it on the first page -- let me know if i need to do more work on it :P

My camera is charging its battery pack right now, but Alberta's deals are almost identical to Manitoba's. Instead of Liquor Mart of course though, there is the IRIS offers that Ontario/Quebec have. Basically we don't get an alcohol coupon. :(

Thought I would post here in addition to the main AM thread.

Just received an e-mail from Airmiles advertising 50 AM if we do 2 purchases thru airmilesshops.ca between March 8-April 12 (part of MegaMiles) from two different merchants. Below are the conditions (in French):

1Offre de 50 milles en prime (valable pendant toute la campagne, du 8 mars au 12 avril 2018) Offre valable du 8 mars au 12 avril 2018. Obtenez 50 milles AIR MILESmd en prime en effectuant au moins 2 achats admissibles de 20 $ CA ou plus (à l’exclusion des frais de livraison, droits de douanes et taxes) à airmilesshops.ca chez 2 détaillants en ligne participants ou plus. Limite d’une offre de prime par numéro d’adhérent. Pour profiter de l’offre, l’adhérent doit d’abord ouvrir une session à airmilesshops.ca avant de faire ses achats. L’offre ne peut être combinée à d’autres offres de milles en prime. L’offre s’applique à l’achat de cartes-cadeaux uniquement chez les détaillants en ligne qui octroient normalement des milles sur les achats de cartes-cadeaux. Détails à airmilesshops.ca. Pour les détaillants en ligne de voyage (y compris les réservations de voyage, les locations de voitures et les séjours hôteliers), les réservations doivent être effectuées d’ici le 12 avril 2018 pour un séjour d’ici le 30 juin 2018. Les milles en prime seront déposés dans votre compte d’adhérent dans les 75 jours suivant la période promotionnelle.

And thru the magic of Google Translate for the anglophones in the crowd

1Offer bonus of 50 miles (valid throughout the campaign, March 8 - April 12, 2018) Offer valid March 8 - April 12, 2018. Receive 50 bonus AIR MILES® Miles by making at least 2 eligible purchases of C $ 20 or more plus (excluding shipping, duty and taxes) at airmilesshops.ca at 2 or more participating online retailers. Limit of a bonus offer per membership number. To take advantage of the offer, the member must first login to airmilesshops.ca before making purchases. The offer can not be combined with other bonus mile offers. The offer applies to the purchase of gift cards only at online retailers who normally grant miles on gift card purchases. Details at airmilesshops.ca. For online travel retailers (including travel bookings, car rentals and hotel stays), reservations must be made by April 12, 2018 for a stay by June 30, 2018. Miles as a bonus will be deposited into your member account within 75 days of the promotional period.

I hope those of you who I'm quoting here don't mind that I've pulled some posts over here from the weekly thread. I'm thinking it will make it a bit easier to find the suggestions/successes/failures here without needing to scan thru the weekly thread??

I zoomed in--here in Ont ,,,I am hopeful for a
1. Rexall offer
2. Sobeys offer
3. Shell offer ---but with my small car I may have to ask a friend to fill up their big car-truck
4. LCBO offer--but not a fancy 100.00 bottle of champagne
5. Foodland OR Metro offer
Hugs Mel

Thanks for the link, they had the coupons for QC! I will probably be able to use coupons from at least 6 merchants just in Qc, not counting the ON I probably can do also. I can probably help one or two people once I have all my offers done (e.g. I can go back to Rachelle-Béry or Jean Coutu and use your AM number when making my purchase instead of mine).

My plan for QC coupons:
1. Jean Coutu
2. IGA
3. Rachelle-Béry
4. Travel Hub
5. The Bay
6. Shell

My plan for ON coupons: timing is good since we'll probably visit Ottawa March 7-8
7. Foodland
8. Sobeys
9. Rexall

Followed alohamom's post and Ontario has just been posted, post #84. Hard to read but it looks like Sobeys has a 150/$150 Sobeys GC as well as a pharmacy coupon.

I’ve never seen a Sobey’s with a pharmacy. I don’t think there is any in this area. I am trying to get to 5 offers on 3 cards (Dh, dd, and mine).
I’m not sure I want to tie up $450 in Sobey’s gift cards. Even though I can go to the Freshco with them, I am preferring to shop at Nofrills these days and earn PC optimum points. I will have to think on that one, but I plan to do one on one card. I”ll do Rexall on all three cards. None of us did the HBC offer during STB so we can all do that one. We are good for three offers at Shell. I will just have to see what is least expensive or works the best for the other offers.

There is one close to us that has a full pharmacy while the others I've been to (including the Urban Fresh in Toronto) all have a small selection of OTC products. The way I'm reading the coupon it's for OTCs (from the Manitoba Booklet since ours in too hard for these old eyes!) it says "nonpresciption medication or treatment product" SO .. my thinking is stuff that can be sold without a pharmacist on-site (IE the things that are NOT locked up during certain hours) -- the very basic stuff that you would see at the till even (maybe). Since this promo is based on the number of SPONSORS not coupons I'm not going to hang my hat on this one offer but if i happen to need some of those items when I'm already using one of the other coupons then I'll use it to get the bonus miles from the coupon. Does that make any sense?

So from what I am seeing and it is a "tad" difficult viewing sideways.....................

1. Shell Gas ?? looks like two different offers?? (have to wait till I can actually see the offer)

2. Foodland spend $60.00 get 20 airmiles (good for me)

3. Rexall spend $40.00 get 40 airmiles (good for me)

4.Sobeys spend $10.00 OTC non prescription get 20 airmiles (good for me)

5. LCBO ?? (have to wait to read the offer)

6. Sobeys buy $150.00 Gift Card get 150 airmiles (will probably buy the card then spend $60.00 at Foodland
and $10.00 at Sobeys for the OTC offer,,,leaving me $80.00 for another shop).

So just thinking out loud here,,,,,,,, soooooo I couldn't get two Sobeys offers due to it having to be 5 individual Sponsors ?????????????????????

Hugs Mel

Well you did better than i did -- i just gave up with those coupons, but i think i can do them as you've laid out.

Regarding the # of coupons: you can use as many of the coupons as you want to get the stated miles on the individual coupons -- just follow the stated terms closely since some are a once per card but others like Rexall have previously been good as many times as you want. To get the final big bonus of 1250 miles you need to visit 5 different sponsors regardless of the number of coupons you've used. So you could use the 6 offers you've mentioned and make the threshold BUT if you do, let's say, 1,2,3,4 & 6 that won't cut it. Am i as clear as mud??

Doesn't the Shell one just mean that you will need to go inside and present the coupon before you pay for your gas. No handing over the coupon at the last second.

So I have a hard copy of the Mega Miles, picked up from a shell on way home. He wanted to make sure \I knew that it did not start yet.
For the shell, it just means that yes you need to go in and pay, give the coupon before paying, but not before pumping.
For Sobeys, it is only from March 16-18 and there is a limit of 4 per card holder. So $600 ggets you 600am, 10% return. Now I buy the lotto tickets for work, guess where I buy them..Just saying that is how I am not out $600. I will purchase them in advance, but get it all back..
There is also $75 for 75 at Urban Fresh again limit of 4 per card. Now that is 2 seperate coupons even though same supplier, should count as 2 of the 5 needed.
Foodland has $60-20am,80-40,100-60. and the Sobeys Pharmacy for nonprescription of $10-20am. There is 4 tickets for me, add the shell and maybe the rexall $40-40am for a bonus.
So cant start till March 16 th for me. Good luck all

Thanks Mel!

I will probably visit these 5 partners:
Hudson Bay (I have $110 in gift cards)
Rexall
Sobeys
Metro
Foodland
Shell (as a back up)
LCBO (as a back up)

I hope to get the Foodland/Sobeys giftcard offer if we have that here in Ontario. I will try to use as many offers as possible to up my airmiles. January and February were too slow for me. Need to get things going to keep my Onyx status!

Good Morning
Something worth mentioning is there is a BIG difference with this Promo than previous ones.

Spring 2018 Mega Miles------This is 3 OR 5
Sponsor/Partner offers
You can not use multiple same sponsor/Partner offer to meet the threshold of 3-5 completed deals.
Must be 3-5 DIFFERENT Partners.
http://airmilesmegamiles.ca/en/coming_soon

Hugs Mel

desktop_header_coming_soon.png

It's kind of funny since the last ones were the opposite. Mega Miles 2017 was offers. Shop the Block in late 2016 was by partners but changed for 2017 to offers... I think they just want to confuse us by mixing it up! I will add I much prefer when it is offers :) However, thanks to everyone on here at least I am participating! I wonder if they will post the online offers soon... like today?

Just updated the first post to make the terms clear regarding the number of sponsors vs coupons to complete this promo. This past StB was the first one that used just the # of coupons. I have a feeling the powers that be noticed an increase in the number of accounts opened once we all figured out how easy it was to complete and aren't likely to make that mistake again :rolleyes1

The offers I have on my app are only for QC. When I change to ON or Manitoba, none appear. :(

I have:
Jean Coutu: 3X AM when spend 20$ or more on almost everything
IRIS: Spend over 100$ and get 100 bonus miles (need to scan barcode from app to get the miles)
IRIS: 5 bonus miles with the purchase of a fashion frame or sunglasses valued 199$ or more.
Nettoyeurs Daoust/Forget (dry cleaners): 3X the miles when you spend 30$ before taxes or more on almost everyhting.

For those who are afraid of not getting 5 merchants, I saw that Marché Traditions (our equivalent to Foodland, also owned by Sobeys) have low cost offers. I don't have a Marché Tradition close BUT I am willing to drive to one sometimes between Sunday and Wednesday to help. For example, they have buy wieners at 1.99$ for 5AM. That would be a cheap way to ensure an additional 600AM if you are 1 merchant away...

To see the coupons (2nd and last page): https://www.marchestradition.com/en/flyer/

Last edited:
The offers I have on my app are only for QC. When I change to ON or Manitoba, none appear. :(

I have:
Jean Coutu: 3X AM when spend 20$ or more on almost everything
IRIS: Spend over 100$ and get 100 bonus miles (need to scan barcode from app to get the miles)
IRIS: 5 bonus miles with the purchase of a fashion frame or sunglasses valued 199$ or more.
Nettoyeurs Daoust/Forget (dry cleaners): 3X the miles when you spend 30$ before taxes or more on almost everyhting.

Thanks @isabellea !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter