AKL Can’t Miss Meals

Everyone loves the Zebra Domes, they are also at Boma if you were planning to go there. Noone in our party ever likes them though so I am not sure what the big draw to them is. Boma is a number 1 favorite of ours for Breakfast or dinner. We usually go once a trip. Tried Jiko last trip and it was awesome. We did a quick service breakfast at Sanaa one morning but I would recommend taking the time to grab the shuttle to Jambo for quick service breakfast. Not only did it take FOREVER to order and get food, but the menu was very limited. It's neat being able to eat in Sanaa for breakfast but I would rather eat at The Mara.

I love Boma for dinner and go twice during my trips. I hate the zebra domes. Full disclosure, I eat a huge variety of foods from many different cultures, but the zebra domes are gross to me.

I love Boma for dinner and go twice during my trips. I hate the zebra domes. Full disclosure, I eat a huge variety of foods from many different cultures, but the zebra domes are gross to me.
I love sweet foods, so I am looking forward to trying them. I read online they are a polarizing food, either people love them or hate them. I guess I will see soon in which camp I fall.

They have a rotating selection of soup, including various stews, chowders, and curries. The butternut squash soup is especially popular and they might have that every day (not sure, however). At any rate you'll have several choices. So if anyone raves about a certain soup, don't get your heart set on it. Just know that there will be something else good to try!

At breakfast, the French toast bread pudding, ham, and omelettes are good. There are a few African-inspired dishes, but not as many as at dinner. The main positive is that the overall quality of the food seems higher than most of the other breakfast buffets.
That French toast bread pudding sounds like my kind of breakfast! I am getting more and more excited about this trip! Am I the only one who thinks food > rides!? Lol

Ok, hope you plan to eat all of your meals there:
Sanaa (just not breakfast, lunch and dinner are great)
Boma
Jiko
Mara (don't forget to get the peanut butter brownie and Okapi Brownie, I think that one is a little better personally)
Heck, even the pool bar at Kidani is awesome

Seriously, probably one of the best resorts for food.
The brownies are on my list! Can’t wait to try!! Do you have any suggestions for drinks at the pool bar or restaurants?

Boma breakfast is our favorite. The beef boboti is amazing. I was very surprised to find that I liked their quinoa/ancient grains porridge type dish. They also have all the standard breakfast foods, including bagels & lox and an omelette bar. AND all of the sweet pastries you could want.

Soups at dinner include a seafood stew with mussels, squash, and a peanut stew. I could (and have) made dinner of just the soups...

Boma breakfast- French Toast Bread pudding (I dream about this stuff), fruit in cream, POG juice

Boma dinner- soups (carrot ginger was amazing), interesting salads, Bobotie, carved meats, my kids love the Mac & cheese

Sana’a- bread service, butter chicken, rice pudding

I have read great reviews of Boma, so we may need to try the buffet one evening. We will have to do Jiko next trip, as it is two DDP credits and we are already doing CRT for our signature. I would love to try it someday. Thank you for the tip to take the shuttle to Jambo for quick service breakfast!

Also you can get the zebra domes at the AKL quick service too so if you want to try them out on their own, they're pretty good.

I love sweet foods, so I am looking forward to trying them. I read online they are a polarizing food, either people love them or hate them. I guess I will see soon in which camp I fall.

I love sweets too, but they tasted like the fake coffee syrup. Maybe it is the type of coffee they use.

Boma breakfast is our favorite. The beef boboti is amazing. I was very surprised to find that I liked their quinoa/ancient grains porridge type dish. They also have all the standard breakfast foods, including bagels & lox and an omelette bar. AND all of the sweet pastries you could want.

Soups at dinner include a seafood stew with mussels, squash, and a peanut stew. I could (and have) made dinner of just the soups...
I need to try this peanut stew! And I have heard great things about the squash soup. It looks like I am going to need to bring my appetite to Boma!

This is my first trip to AKL (August). I have reserved Sanaa dinner (def want to try bread service) and Boma breakfast. I am "worried" that I'll regret not doing Boma dinner, but I'll just have to return to Disney! :) I def want to try zebra domes and I hear Mara quick service is pretty good generally so I am sure we will eat there at least once, and I do even want to eat poolside, too. If my husband was coming with us we might have done a dinner with just the two of us at Jiko, but he has to work so is skipping this trip and I don't really mind that I am skipping Jiko this trip. Thanks to this thread, I'll have to try the POG juice - thanks for the tip!

This is my first trip to AKL (August). I have reserved Sanaa dinner (def want to try bread service) and Boma breakfast. I am "worried" that I'll regret not doing Boma dinner, but I'll just have to return to Disney! :) I def want to try zebra domes and I hear Mara quick service is pretty good generally so I am sure we will eat there at least once, and I do even want to eat poolside, too. If my husband was coming with us we might have done a dinner with just the two of us at Jiko, but he has to work so is skipping this trip and I don't really mind that I am skipping Jiko this trip. Thanks to this thread, I'll have to try the POG juice - thanks for the tip!
I feel the same about missing out on certain meals. I think we are leaning toward Boma for dinner, but then I’ll miss out on the stuffed French toast everyone is raving about. So much food, so little time! Like you said, that just means we have to make another trip back. Oh well. :confused3

I ate dinner at Boma twice last week. The chicken corn chowder is absolutely delicious!!! There was some sort of coffee moose in a chocolate cup that was AMAZING!

For those counting up who may be 'short' on dining credits, remember that you can often share meals and credits. Buffets and character meals require 1 credit per person, but others (like Jiko!) You can share one or two credits among your table. We travel with a large party in multiple rooms, so we often get the Deluxe dining plan for only one of the rooms. With an entire, appetizer, and dessert per credit, we comfortably feed a party of 4 on 2 credits or 7 on 4 credits. This makes signature dining experiences much more reasonable and allows us to enjoy more restaurants without overeating or spending a fortune.

Soup is the very best at Boma! So many varieties, types I have never heard of, but all delicious.

If you are a fan of the Jungle Juice they serve at Boma's breakfast, Mara has a Jungle Juice slushy that is to die for. I was so glad we just stopped for lunch and I was not staying at the resort or I would have been spending LOTS of money on that dang slush.

For those counting up who may be 'short' on dining credits, remember that you can often share meals and credits. Buffets and character meals require 1 credit per person, but others (like Jiko!) You can share one or two credits among your table. We travel with a large party in multiple rooms, so we often get the Deluxe dining plan for only one of the rooms. With an entire, appetizer, and dessert per credit, we comfortably feed a party of 4 on 2 credits or 7 on 4 credits. This makes signature dining experiences much more reasonable and allows us to enjoy more restaurants without overeating or spending a fortune.
I love this tip! Thank you!

If you are a fan of the Jungle Juice they serve at Boma's breakfast, Mara has a Jungle Juice slushy that is to die for. I was so glad we just stopped for lunch and I was not staying at the resort or I would have been spending LOTS of money on that dang slush.
Jungle Juice Slushy is now on the list!!!! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter