"All The Single Riders" .... **COMPLETED** 10th Feb 2012

Linda67 - I've booked my own solo trip in April, after 2 family trips this year, and so read your TR as planning. That is by far, the best TR I've ever read, and I'm glad that people like yourself take the time to give us the details. I'm definately doing the two walking tours as I love the details in both the parks.

Thanks
Nick

scoobysnax said:
Linda67 - I've booked my own solo trip in April, after 2 family trips this year, and so read your TR as planning. That is by far, the best TR I've ever read, and I'm glad that people like yourself take the time to give us the details. I'm definately doing the two walking tours as I love the details in both the parks.

Thanks
Nick

Aww thanks for your kind words :)
I'm sure you will have an amazing trip in April - enjoy every little second of it :)

A little late, .........

ny13.gif

Just read your TR So jealous that you stayed at the disneyland hotel thats a dream for me it looks so nice the closest ive been is the new york hotel which was really nice though. Loved the pictures and the mickey shaped cookies were an everyday treat for me when i was there they were so good:)

hope you have a great trip to california and enjoy some nicer weather its got to be warmer than the uk at the moment. hope you do a TR for it.

Dee

Just read your TR So jealous that you stayed at the disneyland hotel thats a dream for me it looks so nice the closest ive been is the new york hotel which was really nice though. Loved the pictures and the mickey shaped cookies were an everyday treat for me when i was there they were so good:)

hope you have a great trip to california and enjoy some nicer weather its got to be warmer than the uk at the moment. hope you do a TR for it.

Dee

Thanks for reading :goodvibes
I may well do a TR for Disneyland CA, I didn't do one last time so I really should!

If I had been thinking a little more clearly when we met at Disneyland the other day, I would have remembered that of course the reason you seemed so familiar is that I had read and loved this trip report several months ago! Thanks for coming up and saying hi. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip! :thumbsup2

If I had been thinking a little more clearly when we met at Disneyland the other day, I would have remembered that of course the reason you seemed so familiar is that I had read and loved this trip report several months ago! Thanks for coming up and saying hi. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip! :thumbsup2

Ha!
I just posted on your TR as well!
It was nice to say hi to you both, I wish you both lots of luck on your exciting new adventure :goodvibes

Hiya! :wave2:

Just to say...have re-read this report with eagerness because....

We have just booked to go back to DLP at the end of July for 4 days at the Hotel New York! :cheer2:

Am getting my cocktail mojo on an thinking seriously about which restaurants we like the look of! Can't wait to try Earl Of Sandwich.

Hiya! :wave2:

Just to say...have re-read this report with eagerness because....

We have just booked to go back to DLP at the end of July for 4 days at the Hotel New York! :cheer2:

Am getting my cocktail mojo on an thinking seriously about which restaurants we like the look of! Can't wait to try Earl Of Sandwich.

Oh you lucky thing
Just you and DH or are the girls going?
The New York City Bar has a great cocktail menu by the way and you will literally be steps away from the Earl!
I stayed at HNY in Feb but I was too lazy to do a TR!
Be sure to check out the Disney Dreams show, it's amazing :)

Oh you lucky thing
Just you and DH or are the girls going?
The New York City Bar has a great cocktail menu by the way and you will literally be steps away from the Earl!
I stayed at HNY in Feb but I was too lazy to do a TR!
Be sure to check out the Disney Dreams show, it's amazing :)

Too lazy to do a TR?? Shame on you! Any HNY hints would be gratefully received...

It's just Papaboogie and I...:rolleyes1

We went to the bar at HNY last time we went to DLP and we may have tried a cocktail or two.....yummy! This is going to be lethal... Ooh - will check out the show.

Too lazy to do a TR?? Shame on you! Any HNY hints would be gratefully received...

It's just Papaboogie and I...:rolleyes1

We went to the bar at HNY last time we went to DLP and we may have tried a cocktail or two.....yummy! This is going to be lethal... Ooh - will check out the show.

Hotel New York Tips at the ready

1. New York City Bar ..... Great but expensive cocktails, but that's Paris for you! - they have a really good 20th Anniversary Merlot that is far cheaper than any of the cocktails and is a very generous pour. There was a special 20th anniversary white as well but can't remember what it was. Costs around 6 euros and you get some very nice olives and nuts to snack on - it's a great bar

2. The breakfast buffet is exactly the same in the Parkside Diner and the Manhattan Restaurant inside the hotel. Although the Manhattan is much fancier, I felt like I was at a work conference eating in there - just wasn't very Disney but it's a matter of preference as the food is identical in both. There are hot options on the buffet (unlike Sequoia Lodge or Newport Bay) - the eggs were nasty though!

3. EOS is virtually outside your door

4. You can ask for a kettle and cups from reception for a cuppa in your room :)

5. The pool is really nice and was always empty first thing - there is a sauna and steam room in the ladies and I assume the gents locker rooms and the gym is good for a hotel gym

6. They rotate characters near the restaurants in the mornings - you get a fresh one about every 30 mins if you want pics

7. The gift shop is tiny but that's where you will collect anything that you buy in the parks and ask to be sent back to your hotel. They sell stamps and such if you need them

8. No free Wi-Fi :( however you are steps away from a Starbucks which does have free Wi-Fi - oh and the McDonalds has free Wi-Fi as well - both are super close

9. If you want a character meal you are right next door to Chef Mickeys and if you choose breakfast you get a discount in lieu of having your hotel breakfast - the concierge desk in reception can make reservations for you

I'll stop waffling now!

That's brilliant Linda! Thank you! :)

Any other tips on HNY would be gratefully received. We are very excited about staying here. The 20th anniversary wines sound like a good deals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter