"All The Single Riders" .... **COMPLETED** 10th Feb 2012

All caught up, Linda!

Now, since you and Stefy both rave about the DLH, I need to check into it myself - maybe we can give up our villa off property just once! ;)

I love all the photos and all the yummy drinks and food you had!

As for the tours - we have done both too and were the only people at both too! :rotfl2: They "seem to like" small groups! :lmao:
We loved both tours but were taken on StarTours in the DLP. Our guide told us that it was not a regular thing and we just brushed it off as being a nice "little white lie". Obviously it was not.
And thanks for hinting at the ToT tour - we will try to get that one under our belt as soon as it is in a "bearable" language. ;) :laughing:

Can't wait for more! :thumbsup2

i'm getting quite excited about trying out the cocktails now!! you make them sound so nice. I'm really enjoying your TR xx

I love your Trip Report! It's making me so excited for my next trip!

Can you stretch the final day out a bit.. don't want this TR to end! :rotfl:

The tours sound great - may have to include one in our next trip planning! I always feel like I am overlooking lots of things in the studios, as it seems less 'magical' than the main park, but am sure lots of thought has gone in to everything there as well!
Sounds like a lovely and relaxing trip!

What a great trip, I would love to do the tours but don't think the kids would let me get away with it at the moment:)

Another great update! That cocktail sounds amazing! Even if it is two o'clock in the afternoon I would love one right now! X

What's the saying - "it's 5 O'Clock somewhere" :rotfl:

Aaaaah this TR cant be almost over :sad:
Love your TRs Linda

Sorry it's taking me so long to finish it; I am crazy busy
Hope to get another update up shortly :thumbsup2

One month, one week and I'll be in HNY bar tasting cocktails :dance3:

Nice update :goodvibes

That time is sure ticking away, you'll be there before you know it :goodvibes

All caught up, Linda!

Now, since you and Stefy both rave about the DLH, I need to check into it myself - maybe we can give up our villa off property just once! ;)

I love all the photos and all the yummy drinks and food you had!

As for the tours - we have done both too and were the only people at both too! :rotfl2: They "seem to like" small groups! :lmao:
We loved both tours but were taken on StarTours in the DLP. Our guide told us that it was not a regular thing and we just brushed it off as being a nice "little white lie". Obviously it was not.
And thanks for hinting at the ToT tour - we will try to get that one under our belt as soon as it is in a "bearable" language. ;) :laughing:

Can't wait for more! :thumbsup2

Hi Karin; I'm really happy you are reading along
Having read your DLP TRs, the villa that you and Tom stay at looks lovely
You could always pop to DLP for a meal or a drink :thumbsup2

i'm getting quite excited about trying out the cocktails now!! you make them sound so nice. I'm really enjoying your TR xx

If only I could have a Margarita every day in the real world :laughing:

I love your Trip Report! It's making me so excited for my next trip!

Can you stretch the final day out a bit.. don't want this TR to end! :rotfl:

Aww, thank for reading
I will split the last day into two parts, just for you!

Joining in! Beautiful Pictures of Disneyland Paris! I hope to see it someday!! :cloud9:

I hope you get to visit one day, it's a wonderful park :cloud9:

The tours sound great - may have to include one in our next trip planning! I always feel like I am overlooking lots of things in the studios, as it seems less 'magical' than the main park, but am sure lots of thought has gone in to everything there as well!
Sounds like a lovely and relaxing trip!

The tours were really good and I am so glad I did them
I completely agree with you that the studios have always left me a little 'cold' but this tour really changed my view of the park :thumbsup2

What a great trip, I would love to do the tours but don't think the kids would let me get away with it at the moment:)

Ahh but it must be lovely to tour the parks with the kids :goodvibes
I'm sure you will get to do the tours one day; perhaps they will introduce other more 'kid friendly' tours soon :thumbsup2

Hey everyone

Sorry this TR is taking so long to finish; I was only actually there for two nights for goodness sake :laughing:

It’s final day time :sad1:

After a very peaceful night’s sleep, I headed down to the pool for an early morning swim before heading to Inventions for a very yummy breakfast

Once again I was seated with a lovely view of the Castle and really enjoyed my food

86eb327f.jpg

View From Table

14ffeba6.jpg

Fresh Fruit

fae8e9ae.jpg

Brioche, Pancakes & Maple Syrup

The Characters in the Lounge were just switching over so I grabbed a photo with Pluto before swopping over to Goofy

61578fd3.jpg

e23c3446.jpg

Just as a note; the DLH is a wonderful place to meet the characters; there were never any lines and there is always a photographer standing by. I just asked them to use my camera which they never minded doing

Next to where you meet the Characters there is a schedule that outlines which characters will be appearing and they generally switch over every 15 minutes starting at around 8am and running through to around 11:30am

Once I had thrown my final bits and pieces into my bag I headed to the lobby to check out and left my luggage to collect later

There was still half an hour of so before the Park was due to open so I headed over to Salon Mickey for a Cappuccino and I couldn’t resist another Pain Au Chocolate :rolleyes1

0967b757.jpg

“Zero Calories At DLP”

The CM in the Salon validated my park ticket and told me that he would come through and let me know once I was able to head into the park

I read a little bit of my book before the lovely CM came through to open the door to the park and I happily entered a completely empty Main Street

508759f9.jpg

Main Street USA - Disneyland Paris

The ropes were still in place leading into the lands so I took some time to take photos, especially of the Castle (as if I don’t have enough of those!); I thought it was cool that although everything was closed and nobody was around you could hear the Dragon beneath the Castle :thumbsup2

c75fd605.jpg

Once the park officially opened I headed first into Fantasyland where I rode Snow White, The Carrousel and the Tea Cups as I hadn’t yet ridden them on this visit

f9dea78a.jpg

Carrousel

8873307a.jpg

Tea Cups

On my way over to ‘It’s A Small World’ I spotted the Princess Pavilion and as I was curious to see inside and there was absolutely no line, I headed on in

I really like the set up inside, great themeing and a perfect spot to meet your favourite Princess

I probably looked a little odd when I walked up to the CM at the head of the line but he smiled and waved me through to a small side room where non other than Snow White was standing

I said Bonjour and my lovely English accent obviously shone through as Ms White immediately responded in English!

We had a very pleasant little chat and I explained that I was alone as my version of Grumpy was holding the fort back in England ;)

I can’t possibly post the picture; I should have learnt my lesson by now, NEVER have your photo taken next to a beautiful princess, especially when bundled up in your winter woollies :rotfl:

The rest of the morning was spent wandering around and just hopping on any rides that took my fancy before heading back to Salon Mickey for a final hot drink before they closed for the day (ooh and a little sweet treat)

02fdcd14.jpg

Treats At Salon Mickey

By the way, I was chatting to the CM shortly before I left and he mentioned that ‘Officially’ you are only entitled to one visit to Salon Mickey per day (5 per month) but as it was so quiet he really didn’t mind; I apologised as I had no idea that this was the case but he just laughed and said that it really didn’t matter :thumbsup2

Next up I headed back to Phantom Manor and BTM before heading for a leisurely boat ride over at Pirates and my lunch reservation at the Blue Lagoon

Coming Up Next – The Blue Lagoon & Heading Home

Linda, I love the update - the more I read about the DLH the more it intrigues me. We are already booked at our villa for end of April, but I will keep the DLH in mind for future visits.

I loved to see the empty park - it's beautiful and I would have loved to see the photo of you and Mrs. White. Any chance you might post it?

Another great instalment. I love all the information you get across :thumbsup2

Thanks, you say "information"; I say "waffle" :rotfl:

Linda, I love the update - the more I read about the DLH the more it intrigues me. We are already booked at our villa for end of April, but I will keep the DLH in mind for future visits.

I loved to see the empty park - it's beautiful and I would have loved to see the photo of you and Mrs. White. Any chance you might post it?

Just for you Karin :goodvibes

ee645980.jpg

"I am the 8th Dwarf"

So jealous you saw Snow White I love her!

She was actually wonderful :cloud9:

Friday 20th January – Part Two

Happy Friday everyone :goodvibes

So let’s put this TR to bed, time for the final instalment

So I left off with a final ride on Pirates Of The Caribbean which was the perfect way to prepare for my lunch at the Blue Lagoon

1bd8dd3a.jpg

a456e613.jpg

I ate at the Blue Lagoon on my last visit to DLP and just fell in love with the place; it’s not like the food is out of this world or anything but the atmosphere and the fact that you are dining inside the Pirates Ride is the selling point for me :cloud9:

If it’s a chilly day outside, the Blue Lagoon is a wonderful and cosy retreat, lit beautifully by candlelight and in my opinion very romantic :lovestruc

516945f4.jpg

After I had checked in at the entrance to the restaurant, I made my way down to the podium inside the dining area, from which I was soon led to a wonderful little table right at the edge of the water :thumbsup2

My table felt very secluded, I could happily sit and watch the boats sail by without their occupants even knowing I was there; it wasn’t until the boats were a little bit past where I was sitting that the restaurant fully comes into view and that’s when the riding guests cries of ‘Bon Appetite’ begin

I think I mentioned that it’s pretty dark inside the restaurant so I ordered on of these, for no other reason that to shed a little more light onto my menu :rolleyes1

ac4389d1.jpg

Magical Star Cocktail
Light up your celebration with X-Fusion Organic Mango and Passion Fruit Liqueur, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, pineapple juice and a souvenir multicolored glow cube

Mmmm, delicious and a very nice way to start proceedings :cloud9:

My server bought over a basket of bread and I placed my order

66dddc53.jpg

Crab pressé with citrus vinaigrette, rocket salad, sun-dried tomatoes

This was absolutely delicious, I had the same appetiser on my last visit here but this time it seemed even better, lots and lots of wonderfully fresh crab and a very tasty and well dressed little side salad

For my Main Course I took my servers recommendation:

5cff0131.jpg

Red Snapper with Herb Rice, Baby Vegetables and a Tomato Sauce

Again, a really nice dish; if I was to be super critical I would have preferred a little more seasoning in the tomato sauce but on the whole it was a great dish

You may notice in the photo that I decided to enjoy a glass of wine with my fish; I think it was a Sancerre but didn’t make a note

All in all I really enjoyed my time at The Blue Lagoon and would definitely return

Who should be waiting for me when I headed back outside but everyone’s favourite pirate

0bdba2bd.jpg

He kept pulling my hat over my eyes and we have a good ‘ol chat about rum :rotfl:

Following my lovely lunch I spent the rest of the afternoon wandering around the park enjoying my last few moments before heading back down Main Street for a Hot Chocolate and a ‘Meet & Eat’ with Mickey

8fb0167b.jpg

One final little bit of magic was still to come when I walked into the lobby of the Disneyland Hotel to collect my bag; Mickey was standing completely alone in the centre of the lobby so I had chance for a quick hug and an opportunity to say ‘Merci’ and ‘see ya real soon’

Until next time …………….. Au Revoir

b160ba34.jpg

I love blue lagoon I hope other people do as it was so quiet both time we went in there!

Love the TR x

how lovely. You got to meet Jack. I wasn't this lucky last time, so maybe this year ... :lovestruc:worship:

"I am the 8th Dwarf"

Wow, never realise Snow White was so tall!

Thanks for a great report.

Do you think the walking tours you did would hold the attention of a 7 1/2 year old that wants to design Disney hotels when he gets older? He regularly spends time looking through the 'Building a Dream' & 'Walt Disney Imageneering' books I own. We would probably just do one of them. Also do you think we could just book a day or so in advance?

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you for posting the photo, Linda! It is really cute! And Mrs. White is pretty tall too! No wonder her "dwarfs" look like "dwarfs". :rotfl2:

We love to eat at the Blue Lagoon as well. There is such a wonderful atmosphere inside that restaurant and while the food is not always top notch, it is still very nice and enjoyable.
Love your drinks by the way! ;)

And I am VERY happy to hear that you got a chance to hug the "big cheese" goodbye ...... he'll remember you when you return, I'm sure!

Thanks for writing the report, Linda! Can't wait for your cruise one in the spring! :flower3:

Lovely report :goodvibes

So nice you got to see the park empty on your last morning - I love EMH :love:

Thanks so much for another lovely trippie :)

I love blue lagoon I hope other people do as it was so quiet both time we went in there!

Love the TR x

Thanks for reading :goodvibes
Are you going to be visiting Blue Lagoon on your next trip?

how lovely. You got to meet Jack. I wasn't this lucky last time, so maybe this year ... :lovestruc:worship:

I seem to remember that he is outside the Blue Lagoon twice a day and that it was noted on the daily times guide - say hello from me when you meet him :love:

Wow, never realise Snow White was so tall!

Thanks for a great report.

Do you think the walking tours you did would hold the attention of a 7 1/2 year old that wants to design Disney hotels when he gets older? He regularly spends time looking through the 'Building a Dream' & 'Walt Disney Imageneering' books I own. We would probably just do one of them. Also do you think we could just book a day or so in advance?

Thanks for reading :goodvibes
Mmm it's a tricky one about the tour; I really wouldn't recommend it for most 7 year olds but it sounds like you have a little imagineer in the making :thumbsup2
I think it would drive most kids crazy walking past all the rides and not actually riding them! so with that in mind I would schedule it for the end of your trip when you have riden everything you want to
I'd also sugest the DLP Tour over the Studios for a younger guest as the Studio Tour does spend a fair bit of time taiking about the history of the original Walt Disney Studios in California and the history of film in general
If your little one enjoys learning about the design and stories behind the park I am sure he would enjoy it
I don't think you would have a problem booking a day or two in advance unless it was a very busy time (Disney don't do a great job of advertising it!) you can sign up at your hotel concierge desk if you are staying in a Disney Hotel or at City Hall on Main Street
Another thought; if your little boy wants to design Disney Hotels how about doing your own little tour of the resort hotels? he could take photos of his favourite features in each hotel and make some notes about each theme plus maybe collect resort specific pins at each hotel?
Phew - that answer was longer than my trip report :lmao:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you for posting the photo, Linda! It is really cute! And Mrs. White is pretty tall too! No wonder her "dwarfs" look like "dwarfs". :rotfl2:

We love to eat at the Blue Lagoon as well. There is such a wonderful atmosphere inside that restaurant and while the food is not always top notch, it is still very nice and enjoyable.
Love your drinks by the way! ;)

And I am VERY happy to hear that you got a chance to hug the "big cheese" goodbye ...... he'll remember you when you return, I'm sure!

Thanks for writing the report, Linda! Can't wait for your cruise one in the spring! :flower3:

Thanks Karin :goodvibes
I am counting down the days until the cruise now; it's excursion booking day on Sunday :banana:

Lovely report :goodvibes

So nice you got to see the park empty on your last morning - I love EMH :love:

Thanks so much for another lovely trippie :)

You are very welcome, thanks for reading along :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter