Am I the only person that hates it when staff tells people to move forward and to fill in all empty space in lines?

I think you're taking their words too literally. "Filling all available spaces" does not mean squishing against a stranger. It just means moving a little closer to other people without invading their personal space.

And yet on the other hand, people complain that they do not load attractions and transportation quickly enough. Leaving large gaps or lots of empty spaces is contrary to efficiency. Moving closer and filling in spaces does not necessarily mean compromising safety or another's personal space.

Disney really needs to end this practice. Squishing people like sardines onto boats, rides and monorails is bad. Why cant people have space when waiting for the monorail or when waiting for the boat to arrive? It makes people aggressive and people get pushed in the process.
Covid protocols put that on hold and that was nice ….
i don’t want to get that close to some people

Agreed! I realized a couple weeks ago, I was actually more comfortable wearing a mask at Disneyland than standing 2 feet from strangers coughing on me (I hauled it out just before walking into the Haunted Mansion - was surprised I could actually breath easier at that point lol). Ending my Disney trip early - or bringing home a bug from my vacation - is not on my preferred list. Pack a few high quality, single pack, masks - you may appreciate having the option, and they weigh almost nothing.

Filling it space means a lot more then squeeze together. It’s so doors can close. It’s so segments of the preshows can actually start. GOTG, literally won’t start if people aren’t in that circle. It’s also so people don’t stay on one side, closer to the door to the next room etc

Some people just don’t move forward causing even more backlog.

I don’t mind it cause I move forward but I’m not breathing up on someone’s face. I’m just moving closer inward

i hope over the summer when it was 100 degrees and wet they gave people more room
They did not!
My entire extended family spent the second half of our two week trip in our very expensive rooms very sick with high fevers.

I'm not saying the tight haunted mansion queue or the pressing together of folks for the monorail made us sick. It probably was the flight actually, but I can't imagine how many people we spread it to in those tight queues before we knew we were all sick.

They did not!
My entire extended family spent the second half of our two week trip in our very expensive rooms very sick with high fevers.

I'm not saying the tight haunted mansion queue or the pressing together of folks for the monorail made us sick. It probably was the flight actually, but I can't imagine how many people we spread it to in those tight queues before we knew we were all sick.
Airliners change the cabin air faster than an OR…. More than likely dead air in the haunted que….

Airlinera change the cabin air faster than an OR…. More than likely dead air in the haunted que….
I will defer to you because I think your avatar implies you are air traffic control so assuming you know plane things.
All I know is we all got crazy sick and those tight queues with the announcements to push closer were very concerning to us after the basic common sense precautions we'd been following.

I will defer to you because I think your avatar implies you are air traffic control so assuming you know plane things.
All I know is we all got crazy sick and those tight queues with the announcements to push closer were very concerning to us after the basic common sense precautions we'd been following.
Something like that
i was making reference to the dead center of the room line they use on that ride….
but honestly it could have been anywhere ….

I think you're taking their words too literally. "Filling all available spaces" does not mean squishing against a stranger. It just means moving a little closer to other people without invading their personal space.
No true, I have been in numerous situation's at Disney where cast members asked us to move real close to the people in front of us.

Not me but maybe I need to bring one of these with me next time

1695991951721.png

I'd rather wait longer than be forced to squeeze too closely to strangers. A CM can yell as much as they want: I will move as close as I can to accommodate new guests coming in, but only to a point. Most CMs are reasonable - a few have been ridiculous.

I don’t love it but I get it. Especially in some queues and pre shows.

If they didn’t do this people would complain about long waits or empty pre shows making them wait longer to ride.

I remember the crazy long lines to queue during Covid. It made the parks look insane. I wouldn’t want that.

So filling all available space makes the most sense.

I just won't do it. If I can (like in a pre-show situation), I'll move to the very outside of the pack to give myself some space. If I can't, I'll get as close as I'm comfortable with and that's it. Yes of course there's the public health component. But also, when people can barely move, it heightens anxiety and leads to aggressive behavior. Having a Cast Member repeatedly yell that you need to get EVEN CLOSER compounds the negative effects. In every other situation, I comply readily with Cast Members' requests, but not this one. I ignore the yelling and just go zen lol. It's a terrible practice, it's dangerous, and they need to stop doing this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter