Amanda & Eric 03/03/10- WP/WHP/Sago Cay Centerpiece Ideas!

MainStMandy

DIS Veteran
I am so excited to be able to start a PJ...I won't feel so silly looking at Wedding stuff!!

Our Story

Almost a year ago I had just broken up with a guy who was ALL wrong for me (can we say white washed tapered jeans?:rotfl:) So I decided to go online to some dating sites...just to meet some people, maybe go on a few dates, just get out of the house. I then recieved an email from Eric...something about the way he wrote to me, or looked forward to my emails to him that intrigued me. About a month after we started emailing we had our first date. It was truely love at first sight :lovestruc We had the most romantic first date I have EVER been on!!

Eric and I live about 45 minutes apart and try to see each other between 2 and 3 times a week. We recently decided to move in together (one month and counting!!). I think we have been talking about marriage since a week after our first date :rotfl:.

Here's us...one of my best friends Lauren (JazzyLolo) took this:
ry%3D400

I love this one thought...so silly:cloud9:
ry%3D400

The Proposal

So like I said, we have been talking about marriage for a while and even went ring shopping about a month ago. HOWEVER...Eric is always telling me that it will happen...someday:rotfl: He mentioned once it would happen this year by Christmas, but it would never be on a day I would expect (holidays or anniversaries).

Sunday night he suprised me by taking me to the spot of our first date, reading me a poem he wrote himself, and getting down on one knee...UBER romantic. It was perfect.

Apparently the PLAN was to propose on our upcoming trip to Disney on our anniversary :rotfl:So much for unexpected. But he said something about Sunday just felt right and he had to do.

Here's my ring :lovestruc
ry%3D400

Our Plans

So we haven't decided on much...except it WILL be at Disney. Today I think we agreed on a date 3/9/10 but I still have to call DFTW...and convince my father. He isn't exactly thrilled we are engaged yet and thinks we should wait. I think it has something to do with this being my second marriage.

We are aiming for something small...probably about 40 people. I am excited to have my PJ because I want to keep the planning low key because of my father...for now:dance3:

Awe Amanda you're ring is beautiful! :goodvibes

Glad you started your PJ! Can't wait to hear more. :thumbsup2

You Started... :banana: Again your ring is gorgeous and i'm looking forward to reading all about your plans..i'm sure your dad will come around soon.:goodvibes

Yay!! I'm so excited you started your PJ!!! And I just have to tell you again how gorgeous your ring is!!! Can't wait to hear about your plans. Good luck convincing your DF (isn't it awesome to type that btw?) and DD about at DFTW, I know you can do it:thumbsup2

Yay I'm still so giddy! I need to stop looking at your ring though because I am starting to not like mine! Yours is so gorgeous and mine is so...not original. Do you think it is ok to change my ring after only a year and a half of marriage lol?:rotfl2:

I can't wait for all the planning to truly begin...especially can't wait to see what dress you get. I don't know why but I am anxious to see :goodvibes Just try not to think about your dad, he'll come around:hug: Just remember Dory when you get frustrated, "just keep swimming, just keep swimming!" Only replace swimming with planning! Ok...now I think I sound crazy...too much editing!:surfweb:

I second Jazzy! Being a bride with family issues as well, I LIVE by the Dory philosophy of "just keep swimming".:lmao: Don't worry about anyone else right now. It's you and your DF's special day and you do what will make the two of you happy!:hug:

YAY. Congratulations! I look forward to hearing more.
Thank you!!!
You Started... :banana: Again your ring is gorgeous and i'm looking forward to reading all about your plans..i'm sure your dad will come around soon.:goodvibes
YAY!! HI :)

Yay!! I'm so excited you started your PJ!!! And I just have to tell you again how gorgeous your ring is!!! Can't wait to hear about your plans. Good luck convincing your DF (isn't it awesome to type that btw?) and DD about at DFTW, I know you can do it:thumbsup2
Thanks...I am so excited to start planning.

Yay I'm still so giddy! I need to stop looking at your ring though because I am starting to not like mine! Yours is so gorgeous and mine is so...not original. Do you think it is ok to change my ring after only a year and a half of marriage lol?:rotfl2:

I can't wait for all the planning to truly begin...especially can't wait to see what dress you get. I don't know why but I am anxious to see :goodvibes Just try not to think about your dad, he'll come around:hug: Just remember Dory when you get frustrated, "just keep swimming, just keep swimming!" Only replace swimming with planning! Ok...now I think I sound crazy...too much editing!:surfweb:
Lol OMG Lauren I love you. I feel like I have so long until the wedding that there isn't much to do. If I get bored later I will post some VERY early ideas I have...including a dress I fell in love with!!

I second Jazzy! Being a bride with family issues as well, I LIVE by the Dory philosophy of "just keep swimming".:lmao: Don't worry about anyone else right now. It's you and your DF's special day and you do what will make the two of you happy!:hug:

Thank you:hug: Between you and Lauren you made me cry...aparently I am an over emotional bride all of a sudden!! I am just going to keep the wedding talk to a minimum around my dad. I guess he has it in his head I just want to get married because I am turning 30 this year:scared1: So not true though...

Lol and yes I think Pat would kill you for picking out another ring already!

Lol and yes I think Pat would kill you for picking out another ring already!

Fine...I give it a few months:rotfl2:

As for putting up some general ideas. Definitely do! I made a lot of my decisions (i.e. wedding ring!!) without really thinking about what I really wanted and I ended up with photography I hated, bridesmaid dresses that looked like bags on my girls, wedding songs I didn't want. :sad2: Now you just have plenty of time to put as much thought into everything!

Sorry if I made you cry...didn't mean to! :flower3:

Yay Mandy! I'm so exicted! I can't wait to see all the progress of planning a Disney wedding, that way I have a sort of guy for my future wedding. :rotfl:
Have fun!

*subscribes*

Congrats!! So glad you found a guy who doesn't wear white washed tapered jeans!:rotfl: Can't wait to read more!

Yay!! I can't wait to hear all of your plans. Your fingers do not look chubby. The ring is beautiful!

yay! you started a PJ!!! I so miss the planning process and will be more than happy to follow yours!!!!

Ok so I thought, Wow I have a whole year...but all of a sudden I feel panicked.

We need to pick a location so I can call and try to get penciled in...we also need to think about photography! I realized we are like 11 months away and probably should book something soon!!

Now that I got that off my chest:rotfl:

Location: Eric said he likes the WP but I really want to check out other locations. We are going to look tonight and hopefully narrow it down.

Colors: We saw a wedding (in a movie) and they had yellow BM dresses. I really like the idea of yellow and green. Kinda like this bouquet
ry%3D400

cC

I also like Pink and Orange but not sure if Eric will.

Wedding Party:
It's a secret :) Lol seriously we have talked about it and I think it will be very small one or two bm/gm on each side. Neither of us have asked anyone yet. I am not thrilled with the idea of having BM's...I hate making people pay for dresses and the whole thing. I just want everyone I love to be there...Eric outvoted me lol.
But I do like something along these lines:
1627-daff-lrg.jpg

We are hoping and praying my brother who lives in Korea will come home to officiate. This is one of the most exciting things to me! I am very excited to write our ceremony.

Dress:
Ok so here is the one I have fallen in love with...without ever trying it on haha...a bit out of my price range but we'll see when I actually try stuff on. I defintiely want straps and keep the poufiness to a minimum.
ry%3D400

K, I guess that's it for now:cutie:

Congratulations on your engagement Amanda! As a fellow disbride with a family member (grandma) not on board, I agree with Jazzylolo and Figmentfan21. Don't let him get to you. He'll come around eventually. You are his daughter, he loves you. I'm sure he just needs a little time to get used to it! :hug:

I love your ring! It is gorgeous. The pics you posted of you and DF are beautiful too. very well done!

Can't wait to hear more of your plans.... just keep on planning planning planning. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter