Amanda & Eric 03/03/10- WP/WHP/Sago Cay Centerpiece Ideas!

Nice work on keeping within budget! That is a task all on its own that's difficult enough to maintain. :lmao: Those carnation center pieces are so pretty! Love love the first one you posted!

Congrats on staying with the budget:cool1: I am totally with you on the no credit card thing:thumbsup2 I also LOVE the carnations! I was never much of a fan of carnations until I saw them in a tight bouquet like that about 1 yr ago and ever since I have been in LOVE with carnation balls:love:

Mandy I LOVE those carnation centerpieces! they're so pretty! i never would've thought to use them but i really really like them!

hmmm.... another flower to add to my must have list!

The carnations look fantastic as center pieces! I think the DP the night before isn't a bad idea. I know a lot of people would rather wait for their wedding night (for photography I guess) but if you are not planning on having photography, it doesn't matter anyway! I was sent some great hor derve menus for Epcot, with reasonable prices!

That's great that you are on track with your budget! I hope I can stay that way as well!:rotfl:

Thanks. I am really anxious for DMil to get home so we can talk about our options. We only have Randy for 6 hours...not sure what time he will start but I doubt we will have him for the DP anyway. We haven't decided if we will extend him or use DPS...or neither. When I asked about EPCOT I only got the regular menus. I'll have to look into that....

great job keeping on budget, I am always worrying about money so glad you guys are doing well with it! The centerpieces are really pretty
Thanks!! I was worried about the budget too since we have been eating out a lot and buyign random wedding stuff.

Those centre pieces are really pretty.
Thanks!

Love the carnations. They truly are an underrated flower. They look like large cushy balls, haha. And whoo hoo for the budget.
I know!! Plus they are less expensive than other flowers so it works out. I love how "clean" they look.

Nice work on keeping within budget! That is a task all on its own that's difficult enough to maintain. :lmao: Those carnation center pieces are so pretty! Love love the first one you posted!
I love the first one too but I am concerned abou the candles. The reception starts at 4:30 p.m. ...not sure when it will get dark to even see them.

Congrats on staying with the budget:cool1: I am totally with you on the no credit card thing:thumbsup2 I also LOVE the carnations! I was never much of a fan of carnations until I saw them in a tight bouquet like that about 1 yr ago and ever since I have been in LOVE with carnation balls:love:
Me too!!!I love this one too...maybe some highs and some low. I love the look of the balls all lined up on the table too.

Mandy I LOVE those carnation centerpieces! they're so pretty! i never would've thought to use them but i really really like them!

hmmm.... another flower to add to my must have list!

Lol, lady you need to stick to your flowers!! haha too many choices!!

I love the flower ball style centerpieces...I think the idea of some high and some low would look really pretty...

I think you could do candles...it may not be dark outside, but the reception is inside or outside? if it's inside, you could have the lights turned down slightly so that you can get more of the glow from the candles...even outside, the candles would still add a nice ambiance.

I love the flower ball style centerpieces...I think the idea of some high and some low would look really pretty...

I think you could do candles...it may not be dark outside, but the reception is inside or outside? if it's inside, you could have the lights turned down slightly so that you can get more of the glow from the candles...even outside, the candles would still add a nice ambiance.

That's true...I guess candles would work. I really like the little tea lights.

I really like the carnation centerpieces :thumbsup2 they look elegant and the lower price tag is always a plus.
Thanks! We love the lower price tag too!

Ok mini vent/rant here. Do you ever feel like your wedding isn't turning out the way you expected?? I am having serious doubts about the WHP. I mean I like it and I think it works but Df and I disagree about some stuff. I could really take or leave a traditional reception. I think $1500 for a DJ is excessive but Df really wants a first dance at the very least. Now with the idea of welcome dinner I was thinking that we could do a DP (with H'orderves) instead of a DP the night of the wedding. I always pictured the reception to be very class and elegant and now we are throwing out other ideas for dinner. I am feeling overwhelmed and confused and part of this can't get settled until DMIL is home and we figure out the welcome party thing.

I know everyone says just keep it but I want this to be done right. We are doing this once and spending quite a bit of money (to us at least). I really like the idea of doing something more unique like Cali Grill or Jiko but DF doesn't want to the night to end too early. Is there anyway to get everything we want?:confused3

That's true...I guess candles would work. I really like the little tea lights.

Thanks! We love the lower price tag too!

Ok mini vent/rant here. Do you ever feel like your wedding isn't turning out the way you expected?? I am having serious doubts about the WHP. I mean I like it and I think it works but Df and I disagree about some stuff. I could really take or leave a traditional reception. I think $1500 for a DJ is excessive but Df really wants a first dance at the very least. Now with the idea of welcome dinner I was thinking that we could do a DP (with H'orderves) instead of a DP the night of the wedding. I always pictured the reception to be very class and elegant and now we are throwing out other ideas for dinner. I am feeling overwhelmed and confused and part of this can't get settled until DMIL is home and we figure out the welcome party thing.

I know everyone says just keep it but I want this to be done right. We are doing this once and spending quite a bit of money (to us at least). I really like the idea of doing something more unique like Cali Grill or Jiko but DF doesn't want to the night to end too early. Is there anyway to get everything we want?:confused3

oh hun, I don't think there is a way to get EVERYTHING you want. Seems like nothing can be exactly what you want. I wanted to get married outside on the beach. i'm inside now surrounded by a garden. haha. I say pick your battles. Decide what is the most important things and fight for those. The DJ sounds a bit pricey. my guy (a FRIEND no less) said 1000 and I told him no thank you. (i'm still looking for my dj haha) How late can the Cali Grill or Jiko be? I think you need to decide whats on the top of the list and relax and it will fall into place. feel better hun

Could you do the Cali Grill and have it as a fireworks viewing? That would give DF his time.
Also, could you have a violinist for the first part of your reception instead of the DJ? If there is a specific song you want-it is my understanding that you have to find the sheet music for it...but it would give you the elegant you want.

I think it IS possible to get what you want...you just have to be a little creative! :thumbsup2

oh hun, I don't think there is a way to get EVERYTHING you want. Seems like nothing can be exactly what you want. I wanted to get married outside on the beach. i'm inside now surrounded by a garden. haha. I say pick your battles. Decide what is the most important things and fight for those. The DJ sounds a bit pricey. my guy (a FRIEND no less) said 1000 and I told him no thank you. (i'm still looking for my dj haha) How late can the Cali Grill or Jiko be? I think you need to decide whats on the top of the list and relax and it will fall into place. feel better hun

Thanks. I think the dinner would run late enough, 8:30ish. I don't think he realizes what a long day it will be.

Could you do the Cali Grill and have it as a fireworks viewing? That would give DF his time.
Also, could you have a violinist for the first part of your reception instead of the DJ? If there is a specific song you want-it is my understanding that you have to find the sheet music for it...but it would give you the elegant you want.

I think it IS possible to get what you want...you just have to be a little creative! :thumbsup2

That's my thought. EPCOT Dp the night before as our welcome dinner and then WP with Cali Grill and fireworks. He keeps saying it's going to be over before we know it so I think he just wants as long as possible, lol. I wouldn't be opposed to having the IPOD...even with a tech is HALF the price of a DJ. Too many choices I suppose.

Oh and Cali Grill is tentatively booked by someone else...so it may not even be an option.

((hugs)) I remember getting to that stressful point in the planning where I worried nothing would turn out right. It's no fun.

And I will say that there were things on the wedding day that did not go as planned. But in the end, it didn't matter. It's just ONE day out of your life. We had fun at our wedding. But it was really the marriage that was most important to us. We were happy to begin our lives together and we didn't care about the little things like decorations and whatnot.

We just wanted everyone to have a good time and celebrate with us. And it turned out lovely. And our marriage is still going strong...which is all that really matters anyway.

I love the idea of Jiko! I just think it looks soooo unique! I think anything you will do will be amazing obviously! Maybe you could tell DF everyone can get together in one of the lounges or night clubs after, and explain to him that gives people the option of whether or not to join (so if they are too tired, they can leave after the reception). I can't remember how many people you have, so I don't know if that would work.

((hugs)) I remember getting to that stressful point in the planning where I worried nothing would turn out right. It's no fun.

And I will say that there were things on the wedding day that did not go as planned. But in the end, it didn't matter. It's just ONE day out of your life. We had fun at our wedding. But it was really the marriage that was most important to us. We were happy to begin our lives together and we didn't care about the little things like decorations and whatnot.

We just wanted everyone to have a good time and celebrate with us. And it turned out lovely. And our marriage is still going strong...which is all that really matters anyway.

Oh trust me...we realize what the point of all of this. We are excited however that we have chosen to celebrate that with our fairytale wedding...and sometimes our fairytales aren't the same, lol. It's not that I want every little tiny detail perfect but I want the overall feel to be right. I don't want to second guess our choices, which I am now a bit. We were so excited...and I think overwhelmed, with making our decisions and now we have a moment to sit back and think about it.

I love the idea of Jiko! I just think it looks soooo unique! I think anything you will do will be amazing obviously! Maybe you could tell DF everyone can get together in one of the lounges or night clubs after, and explain to him that gives people the option of whether or not to join (so if they are too tired, they can leave after the reception). I can't remember how many people you have, so I don't know if that would work.

We both fell in love with AKL on our last trip (well I had been there before). So it's just one option on the table. He's so cute that he's excited about our day together and really just doesn't want it to end. I like the idea of an "after" party of sorts!! Part of why we picked Disney is because it's unique and I am second guessing using a ballroom (even though pics I have seen are GORGEOUS!) He even said at one point how about dinner at EPCOT, but we already have Randy booked (which is a good thing!!)

Ahhh, I am rambling again...

My DF is really set on a first dance too. Aside from that though we are not big dancers so we are just going with the iPod setup which is way cheaper than a DJ and we can still do our dance, and any other dancing we might want.

As for ending early I don't think anyone would even notice if things ended 'early' and if they end super early your guests can just hit the parks! :rotfl:

ok so here are my thoughts on the situation. As far as what to do after the ceremony DF and i were on the same page in one (and only one) respect before we decided on the attic.... we did NOT want a ballroom-ish feel. Even when we were looking into something in our hometown we didn't like it. We wanted something fun and different which is why we are doing what we are doing.

I think that if you emailed your WP and let her know DF's concerns about not having enough time maybe there would be something she could do or say to make him feel more comfortable with it. I mean JIKO is beautiful! (but i love anything AKL) That would be SO amazing and your guests would definatly remember that.... and so would cali grill! And if you decided to do an after party why not find the park that has EMH and meet everyone there? that way if people are too tired they dont have to go... that would be awesome!

I definitely agree with your view on not wanting the typical ballroom. We spread out our day on purpose too. I know we were still excited when we were leaving our DP after 10 pm after starting our morning with pictures at 7 am :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter