Amy's "BUT I'M NOT A RUNNER" Journal

Merry Christmas, Amy!

I hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday! :)

You are in our thoughts and prayers...... How are you doing?

Hope you have a great day today!

Merry belated Christmas, Amy! You're in my thoughts! Take care of yourself.

Um, where are you???

I hope you had a great Christmas and hope you are having a safe New Year's celebration!!

give us an update soon on the injury status...are you gonna make WDW???

Happy New Year, Amy!

May 2007 be a year filled with abundant blessings for you and your family!:goodvibes

Have a Happy, Healthy New Year, Amy! I hope it will quickly become an injury-free New Year!

Hi Everyone :goodvibes

Well....now that the insanity of the holidays is finally over and my cold is getting better and my injury has finally subsided....guess it's time to go to WDW!!!!

Yes....I am still going to attempt to run the full marathon :scared1: . My training wasn't in top form the past month due to my hip injury BUT I think I still have it in me to finish and at least I know I'm going to start!!!

Sooo.....I promise I will post for you ASAP upon my return!

Thank you all so much for your support and encouragement throughout the entire past year! :grouphug:

:cheer2: GO AMY GO! :cheer2:

We're here cheering for ya! Take care and ENJOY it!!!

No matter what - I am SO proud of all you've accomplished and pushed through this year. You are super strong, girl! :love:

Oh Amy,

I am so proud of you, WISH sis!:hug: You have been such an inspiration to me this past year. You are a strong woman and you CAN do
this, Amy!:cheer2:

Go Amy Go!:cheer2:

Oh Amy! I'm so excited to read that you're gonna make it to Disney!!! I was worried bc of the injury. But I'm so glad you aren't letting that stop you! Remember the hardest part is getting to the starting line and you're about to do just that!!! You've done such a great job. I'm sooooo proud of you no matter what happens out on the course!

YOU are an inspiration!

Hi Amy,

I am so proud of you for going to WDW....you are going (or did) do great. I just know it!!!

Let us know how it went.

Jamie

GO AMY!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

I'm thrilled to hear that your injury has subsided and that you're feeling better and are ready to give the marathon a go!! We're all routin' for ya and can't wait to hear ALL ABOUT IT upon your return!! BEST WISHES GIRL!!! :goodvibes

Tomorrow's the BIG day!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

AMY- NOT ONLY ARE YOU A RUNNER, BUT YOU ARE NOW A MARATHONER!!!
:jumping1:
I'm so proud of you Amy! I can remember back when you NEVER thought you could do this. I hope you've proven to yourself just how strong you really are. I am so excited for you! Rock that course sister!!! Prayers and pixiedust: coming at ya as you're out on the course right now!

Hi Amy,

Did you hear us cheering you on from Ohio?:cheer2: I hope you are resting right now and basking in the post marathon excitement. You ARE a runner and a strong and courageous woman too!:goodvibes I am so proud of you!:hug:

MAN....you and Scott are KILLING ME HERE!! I am dying to hear all about it!! :scared:

I'M BACK, I'M BACK!!!!! :grouphug: Sorry to have kept you guys waiting !!! Just returned from WDW and unfortunately I didn't have a laptop with me this time to give you an update more quickly! THANK YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT, ENCOURAGEMENT AND WELL WISHES. I deeply appreciate all of you who have stuck around and listened to my whining and silly quotes and crazy stories for the past year!!!!

OK....so obviously I survived:laughing: . But I have to say that it was the single most difficult thing I've ever done. I will say it was harder than labor and childbirth for me....that's not to say it is that hard for everyone....but the odds were stacked against me this year and it was an incredibly challenging experience. As you all know I went in with an injury which caused my last month of training to be VERY minimal compared to what I was supposed to do, I got a bit of a cold the week before but managed to get over that right before the marathon. My leg injury was really a huge obstacle, and the lack of proper training put me at a disadvantage. It was a LONG race for me. The heat was brutal. Unfortunately I became very sick to my stomach early on in the race which lasted until about mile 18 I think and caused me to have to stop regularly :sick: . I will say that finishing was a matter of pure will and determination and limping across that FINISH line gave me a huge sense of accomplishment mixed with a feeling of regret knowing that it wasn't a joyful experience along the way. I'm still hurting pretty badly today, the leg is just not letting me forget what I put it through ;). BUT...I'm hoping to heal up over the next four weeks and begin training again. I can't say what my future running plans are.....but let's just say there is a girl out there who would love to run a marathon the way it's supposed to be done :rolleyes1 .

I had an AMAZING support team during the race, as well as during training. I truly would NOT have finished without the incredible support and sacrifice made for me during the run. Words can't ever properly convey how thankful I am to have had that. There is just no way I would have received my medal if I was in this alone. So thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND.....(drum roll please)....it wouldn't be a proper post from me without leaving you with a quote. This time....in the words of Frank Sinatra....his lyrics say it all ;)....

Regrets, Ive had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;
Each careful step along the byway,
But more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ate it up and spit it out.
I faced it all and I stood tall;
And did it my way.

Ive loved, Ive laughed and cried.
Ive had my fill; my share of losing.
And now, as tears subside,
I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;
And may I say - not in a shy way,
No, oh no not me,
I did it my way.

For what is a woman, what has she got?
If not herself, then she has naught.
To say the things she truly feels;
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows -
And did it my way!
---------------------------------------------------------
Peace out Wish Boards!!!!!

You just made me cry like a baby!!! :sad1:

I am BEYOND proud of you, Amy. You did it!! And it's not the end for you!!!

Ugh, don't know what else to say. I am proud proud proud so so proud.

Love ya girl!! You're my daily inspiration! :love: :hug: :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter