Angela & Matthew - Home Wedding 4/25/2009 & Disneymoon - I'm MARRIED!!!!

OMG - Your dress is beautiful! :lovestruc You do look like Belle in it!!

And on the note of floral, I think there's nothing wrong with silk, especially where you have attachment issues! lol:rotfl: . I'm El Cheapo Meg, and I'm having a hard time thinking of spending over 1000 for flowers for one hour. And then on top of that, if I want it preserved, I have to dole out another few hundred?! :sad2: I just don't think it's worth it - I would rather spend the money elsewhere in the wedding. But I am going to go with real flowers for the reception - that's my compromise. (Sorry about the soapbox! hehe)

And I think the daisies that you want will look beautiful in silk! I would just go with daisies themselves - they are so big and pretty by themselves in bunches. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the link - I'm going to try and contact the woman to see what she can do for my wedding. :goodvibes

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Ya, I definately wouldn't spend $1,000 on flowers... yikes!:scared1: Luckily, getting married in my small town, I doubt that flower prices are anywhere near disney floral prices! But who knows, I haven't looked into it! I've decided to take the day off work this Friday to tackle this flower situation... once I make a decision, I'll be happy with it either way. I just need to stop changing my mind!!!! If I go silk though... everything will be silk. Although I don't have much to buy! My priest at my church told me not to bother buying flowers to decorate the church... my wedding is 2 weeks after Easter, so he said there will be PLENTY of flowers!! So that saves me a good bit there!!:woohoo: And for centerpieces, we're going with candles...

my mom and I found these things on sale at a craft store... $3.00 each!

1054671920210616M.jpg

Not sure how we'll decorate them yet, but we'll figure it out (As always... suggestions are welcome!!!)

I've also been buying rose petals to sprinkle around the tables at the reception. I've been cutting the Michael's 40% off one item coupon out of the newspaper every Sunday to buy a box of rose petals... they're only $4.99, but if I can get them for less, than that's wonderful! I pass it everyday on my way home from work, so I just swing by and pick them up... soon I'm going to be known there as "Rose Petal Girl"... :rotfl:

Yikes, it's getting late! I get too carried away on here...

Ok, so I'm trying to keep this updated, but since I stated this late, I have to go back more... but I still trying to keep up to date with what's going on now... but first, here is my "inner bride" from the knot (thanks, Larisa!!)

std_15942.jpg

The 2 dogs are my beagle, Ellie, and my chihuahua, Oliver!:rotfl:

So maybe a week or so after I bought my wedding dress, I was dying to go shopping for bridesmaid dresses! I had 2 main goals: 1. it had to look good on ALL my bridesmaids, and 2. I wasn't trying to break anybody's bank! So I took my sister/MOH shopping with me, to David's Bridal of course (bridesmaids get a discount if the bride purchases her dress from them). She tried on a few, and there was one we both agreed on...

bridesmaiddress.jpg

I did not get it in that color though, I got it in watermelon, which is a bright pink. And it looks gorgeous on everybody... from my size 2 bridesmaid, to my size 18 bridesmaid. Simply gorgeous.

And for today's update...

Invitations are ordered!!:cool1: I ordered them from a lady on ebay, here is her store...

http://stores.ebay.com/Just-Embossed-Stationery_W0QQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

I've had my eyes on these invites for a while... 100 invites for $220... included with the invites is response card/envelope, and reception card. PLUS, she addresses EVERYTHING! Sunday I went on to look at them and they were gone!!:eek: So I e-mailed the lady to see if she was going to relist them, and she said yes... at $400!!! YIKES, ok nevermind then.. so she e-mailed me back and said if I order them and pay for them before Wednesday (tomorrow, when she relists them for $400), she would honor the $220 price! Yay!:yay: So they're ordered! I just need to get my guest list and address together now, I told her I'd have it by December, she said that's plenty time...

Also, me and my mom are going Friday to order my flowers!!!:flower3: I've decided to order them through Pat Catans, that way I can actually meet face to face with a person, and if I hate them, I can have them changed without the hastle of sending them back..

2 more things to cross of my long list of To Dos...

I want to do an inner bride, but the Knot has been down :o( I think yours is too cute! I want one with my goofy dogs. :)

Love the Bridesmaid dress. Watermelon was the color I wanted originally for my wedding with the MOH in Azalea. :thumbsup2

I can't believe you got the invitations for 220 - how awesome is that?! You got a steal - and good for that woman for agreeing to honor the price! It's a rare seller who will do that.

Good luck with your flowers - I can't wait to see them!! :surfweb:

I want to do an inner bride, but the Knot has been down :o( I think yours is too cute! I want one with my goofy dogs. :)

Love the Bridesmaid dress. Watermelon was the color I wanted originally for my wedding with the MOH in Azalea. :thumbsup2

I can't believe you got the invitations for 220 - how awesome is that?! You got a steal - and good for that woman for agreeing to honor the price! It's a rare seller who will do that.

Good luck with your flowers - I can't wait to see them!! :surfweb:

My dogs are my babies... DF always says I love them more than him!:rotfl:

I liked Azalea too!! I was stuck between the two of those, and I think my sister actually made the final decision!

Oh, the invitations were definately a steal!!!!!! I don't have a pictures of them, but they're beautiful!! And it was VERY nice of her to honor that price!!!

I can't wait to see the flowers too!!! I'm kinda scared!!!!!

Ok, so I'm trying to keep this updated, but since I stated this late, I have to go back more... but I still trying to keep up to date with what's going on now... but first, here is my "inner bride" from the knot (thanks, Larisa!!)

std_15942.jpg

The 2 dogs are my beagle, Ellie, and my chihuahua, Oliver!:rotfl:

Yay, glad I could contribute something useful, well, at least fun!!!
Congrats on everything, can't wait to hear more!

Here's some pics of stuff I've already purchased for the wedding...

First, I must say that I'm NOT having a Disney or Cinderella themed wedding at all, but soon after we got engaged, my aunt bought this guest book and matching pen for me, it's very cute!

ImportedPhotos00006-3.jpg

ImportedPhotos00005-2.jpg

And I bought this cake topper... I was looking for something simple, because we're having a colorful cake and I didn't want the cake to look too busy...

ImportedPhotos00008-2-1.jpg

(SERIOUSLY! We're NOT having a Disney/Cinderella themed wedding:rotfl:)

This is my cardbox! I LOVE it! My mom and I found it at a craft store! Beautiful!

ImportedPhotos00009-2.jpg

Table Numbers... we're having around 200 guests... 8 people per table... which is about 25 tables. DF and I are 25 (well, I just turned 26 but I'll pretend I'm still 25...), so we decided to do picture frames with us at every age. So like table 1 will have pics of us when we were 1, table two will have pics of us at 2, and so on....

ImportedPhotos00007-2.jpg

In other news... the flower shopping didn't go as well as I had hoped. The floral designer that I met with today told me today that they don't carry gerbera daisys....EVER, and as you know, that's all I want! I'm going to try another place tomorrow that one of my bridesmaids recommended to me (they did her silk bouquet), hopefully that works out better! If not, I may just suck it up and get real! I'd have 6 months to prepare myself for the death of my wedding bouquet.:rotfl2:

STAY TUNED... I'M DYING MY SLIP ON SUNDAY!:banana:

6 MONTHS FROM TODAY I WILL BE MARRIED!!!!!!!:dance3:

WAHOO!! YAY ANGELA!!! :jumping1: :jumping1: You must be so excited!

BTW - All the stuff you bought is awesome! That card box is so neato - I wish I could #1 find something like that and #2 get it to WDW in one single piece. The table numbers are brilliant - love them!!

:thumbsup2 on everything!

PS - Where did you find that inner bride thing on the Knot? I was looking, but couldn't find it! :confused3

:cheer2: Congrats on 6 months to the big day!!! :cheer2:
ps. That is the the most creative idea for table numbers I have ever seen!

(Meg - I never know what websites are ok to post links. But if you google "my inner bride" it comes right up, I can't find it just clicking through the knot anymore, it use to be on the homepage.)

WAHOO!! YAY ANGELA!!! :jumping1: :jumping1: You must be so excited!

BTW - All the stuff you bought is awesome! That card box is so neato - I wish I could #1 find something like that and #2 get it to WDW in one single piece. The table numbers are brilliant - love them!!

:thumbsup2 on everything!

PS - Where did you find that inner bride thing on the Knot? I was looking, but couldn't find it! :confused3

Thank you so much!! The inner bride thing was on the home page when I did it, but as Larissa said they must have taken it off!:confused3 Did you ever find it??

:cheer2: Congrats on 6 months to the big day!!! :cheer2:
ps. That is the the most creative idea for table numbers I have ever seen!

(Meg - I never know what websites are ok to post links. But if you google "my inner bride" it comes right up, I can't find it just clicking through the knot anymore, it use to be on the homepage.)

Thank you!!

I hope you find your gerbera daisies!
trudy <><

Thanks!! I hope so too!!!!!!

Yay! So I finally did it! I dyed my slip!!!:cheer2: I went to my mom's house this afternoon and she helped me (actually, she pretty much did the whole thing :rotfl:) Suprisingly, it was very easy, and not nearly as messy as I thought it would be.

Here's a before pic... boring, plain white...

ImportedPhotos00001.jpg

And after 3 boxes of fuschia rit dye

ImportedPhotos00003.jpg

ImportedPhotos00004.jpg

It came out exactly how I wanted it!!! I love it!! The color took evenly, and it's just gorgeous!

I was nervous with how well it would look with the bridesmaids dresses, so I drove down to my cousin's house and got hers and brought it to my mom's to compare, and as you can see...

d671_1.jpg

It's almost a perfect match! (The pic is not my cousins dress... same exact dress, but I stole that pic from ebay, haha:rotfl2: )

OH, and while I was digging through my wedding stuff at my mom's house, I snapped a pic of my tiara to show you...

ImportedPhotos00002.jpg

Ok, that's all for now!! Goodnight!!!:angel:

Your tiara is really pretty!! And your crinnieturned out great!! Did you follow goldelox's (lisa) directions? I haven't seen too many with that much pigment.

WOW! :eek: Your crinnie came out so nice - it's like professional. And you matched it so well! I'm now inspired! Not that I have a crinnie yet, but it's on my to do list. ;)

I did find the inner bride thing :goodvibes . Larisa PM'ed me the link. I wish I looked like how mine came out! I'll put it in my PJ later on. Probably with a picture of David Beckham so people come and look at it! :rotfl:

Your tiara is really pretty!! And your crinnieturned out great!! Did you follow goldelox's (lisa) directions? I haven't seen too many with that much pigment.

Thanks! I pretty much just followed the directions on the box! And I added the optional 1 cup of salt. I'm not sure if that helped or not, but I'm so happy it came out so well! I was so nervous!

WOW! :eek: Your crinnie came out so nice - it's like professional. And you matched it so well! I'm now inspired! Not that I have a crinnie yet, but it's on my to do list. ;)

I did find the inner bride thing :goodvibes . Larisa PM'ed me the link. I wish I looked like how mine came out! I'll put it in my PJ later on. Probably with a picture of David Beckham so people come and look at it! :rotfl:

Thank you!! Definately do it! It's super easy! The hardest part is untangling it!

I wish I looked like my inner bride too, lol!

Angela, your slip turned out fantastic! :goodvibes I wish my dress needed a slip so I could dye it! :laughing:

Thank you!! Actually, when I bought my dress I did not want a slip because I thought it would be uncomfortable and itchy, and my mom talked me into getting it... so glad she did!

Angela, your crinnie looks awesome! I love the color! It is stunning and matches the BM dresses so well! you and your mom did a great job!:goodvibes

So I'm sitting here in my office, looking at the snow coming down, wishing I was in Florida right now...

Today is 180 days until my Honeymoon!!:banana: I called this morning at 7:00 exactly and made my reservations for CRT and Chef Mickeys! I am so excited!

Ok, so I'll backtrack a little... DF and I will be on our Disneymoon from April 27th until May 3. I thought I'd give us a day between the wedding and the honeymoon to relax, say our good-byes to out of town guests, and spend some quality time with our 2 4-legged children before we leave them with grammy and pappy for a week...

ImportedPhotos00003-2.jpg

ImportedPhotos00004-2.jpg

We are staying at Coronado Springs Resort, and I am soo excited. Like I previously mentioned, I haven't been to Disney World in at least 10 years, and DF has never been there, so we picked this resort based on pictures and reviews only, and I just cannot wait! It just looks so beautiful from the pics I've seen!

We got park hopper passes, without the waterpark option. Although I would love to do the surfing lessons at Typhoon Lagoon, DF is allergic to chlorine, so we won't be doing much swimming.

I made my ADRs this morning for CRT and Chef Mickey's.

The other 3 places I definately want reservations at are...

Coral Reef - I always thought this place looked cool, ever since Danny tried to propose to Vicki there... FULL HOUSE (Oh, I'd like to be princess for the day too like Michelle did:rotfl: )

California Grill - hopefully our last night in Disney, I want to get reservations during Wishes, seems very romantic! I think it's a sweet way to end the honeymoon!

Sci-Fi - This was DF's only pick. He doesn't give me much input on anything... the answer is always "I don't care, whatever you want". Then I showed him pics of this place online, and he finally gave me an actual answer!

I'm also thinking the last day, maybe a fun character breakfast before we board the plane back to Pittsburgh... maybe 1900 Park Fare? I actually don't care about the place, I just want to check out the Grand Floridian!

I'm also trying to think of a good place for dinner our first day... Evening Magic Hours will be at Hollywood Studios, but I know the first place I'll want to go is Magic Kingdom! So maybe Crystal Palace?

I'm thinking I'd like to fit Ohana in there somewhere too...

I definately want to do Dolphins in Depth... I love any type of animal encounters... I'm a huge animal lover! And dolphins are such beautiful creatures... I'd love to learn more about them, and get to interact with them a little! I know that I can book this today, 180th day, but since my honeymoon is 1/2 April and 1/2 May, I want to wait until May's hours and show schedules come out to make sure I have everything planned out perfectly... hopefully it doesn't book up before then!:scared1:

I also want to go to Cirque Du Soliel! I went to Cirque in Toronto a few years ago, and it was absolutely amazing... I'm sure Disney will be just as good, if not better!:cheer2: Also, the night we go to Cirque, I was thinking we could have dinner at the new T-Rex? It seems like a really cool place!! I know they're not taking ADRs as of now, and I don't want to spend time waiting in line, so we'll see what happens with that.

Oh well... back to work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter