Angela & Matthew - Home Wedding 4/25/2009 & Disneymoon - I'm MARRIED!!!!

Angela - you are as geeky as I am with that Full House reference!!! :lmao: I always look at the bubble in the middle of the tank and remember Jesse and Joey doing their radio show! That was my original reason for wanting to go to the Coral Reef, and trust me, I think it's totally worth it. :thumbsup2 There is a way to get them to make a customized menu and have a diver in the tanks come to the window with a sign like "Congratulations!" with your names on it. How? I totally can't remember :headache: but hopefully a DISBride with a memory bigger than a flea will come by and help me out.

The puppies are so cute BTW!! What are their names? :surfweb:

Angela - you are as geeky as I am with that Full House reference!!! :lmao: I always look at the bubble in the middle of the tank and remember Jesse and Joey doing their radio show! That was my original reason for wanting to go to the Coral Reef, and trust me, I think it's totally worth it. :thumbsup2 There is a way to get them to make a customized menu and have a diver in the tanks come to the window with a sign like "Congratulations!" with your names on it. How? I totally can't remember :headache: but hopefully a DISBride with a memory bigger than a flea will come by and help me out.

The puppies are so cute BTW!! What are their names? :surfweb:

I swear... I've seen every single episode of Full House at least 5 times! :rotfl2: Of course, the Disney one is my favorite! Oh, I read somewhere that you can get a customized menu and a diver with a sign! I really want that!!! I don't know how you do that either!

I love my dogs!:love: Ellie is the one on the top, she's a beagle! We actually just adopted her... almost 2 months ago! She was a puppy mill dog who lived almost her entire life (about 5 years) in a cage, just having babies... when they were done with her they dropped her off at the pound to be put down... and it wasn't only her they had 50 something dogs!:scared1: She was transferred to 3 different shelters before we found her one www.petfinder.com, and when we went to go meet her DF and I fell in love with her... she is so sweet, and so forgiving... to be able to show such love to humans who treated her so badly is just amazing... Dogs are such wonderful animals. It's so hard though, because breeders will sell the cute little puppies, and people can't resist the cute little puppy face... but they don't think about where that puppy came from, or the poor mommy dog who lives in the cage having litter, after litter, after litter...

Then the little guy on the bottom is my little Oliver! He's also a rescue dog! We've had him for a little over a year. We adopted him from a shelter where came in as a stray, and he was scheduled to be put down... I also found him on www.petfinder.com, I think it was a Sunday? He was to be put down that Monday, so I e-mailed them and asked them to keep him until Wednesday and I would come pick him up (it was a 3 hour drive)... so they did. He's such a little spaz, and we just love him too!

Sorry! I talk to much once I get on the topic of my dogs! I volunteer at an animal shelter by my house, and I see dogs come in in terrible conditions, and I just don't get how people can treat animals so horribly. It's so sad.... Ok, I can go on preaching about this topic for hours...:dogdance: ... back to work...

I swear... I've seen every single episode of Full House at least 5 times! :rotfl2: Of course, the Disney one is my favorite! Oh, I read somewhere that you can get a customized menu and a diver with a sign! I really want that!!! I don't know how you do that either!

I love my dogs!:love: Ellie is the one on the top, she's a beagle! We actually just adopted her... almost 2 months ago! She was a puppy mill dog who lived almost her entire life (about 5 years) in a cage, just having babies... when they were done with her they dropped her off at the pound to be put down... and it wasn't only her they had 50 something dogs!:scared1: She was transferred to 3 different shelters before we found her one www.petfinder.com, and when we went to go meet her DF and I fell in love with her... she is so sweet, and so forgiving... to be able to show such love to humans who treated her so badly is just amazing... Dogs are such wonderful animals. It's so hard though, because breeders will sell the cute little puppies, and people can't resist the cute little puppy face... but they don't think about where that puppy came from, or the poor mommy dog who lives in the cage having litter, after litter, after litter...

Then the little guy on the bottom is my little Oliver! He's also a rescue dog! We've had him for a little over a year. We adopted him from a shelter where came in as a stray, and he was scheduled to be put down... I also found him on www.petfinder.com, I think it was a Sunday? He was to be put down that Monday, so I e-mailed them and asked them to keep him until Wednesday and I would come pick him up (it was a 3 hour drive)... so they did. He's such a little spaz, and we just love him too!

Sorry! I talk to much once I get on the topic of my dogs! I volunteer at an animal shelter by my house, and I see dogs come in in terrible conditions, and I just don't get how people can treat animals so horribly. It's so sad.... Ok, I can go on preaching about this topic for hours...:dogdance: ... back to work...

I think I may have watched all of them maybe 3 times - not as many as you, but enough! I used to love that show. :lovestruc

What awesome stories about your dogs - they are seriously cute:cutie: ! It breaks my heart to hear about animal abuse. I have one black lab (Rory) who is a purebred (last of litter - they were basically giving her away because she wasn't breed standard - who cares?!) , but my other dog Boo is a rescue dog. He's a pitbull boxer mix, who was left in an evicted apartment for at least two weeks with no food and barely any water. He came into the shelter almost dead at 30lbs. It's taken months, but you wouldn't know he's the same dog now.There's a picture of him in my PJ - he's the guilty looking one who almost broke my nose. Rescue dogs rock! :thumbsup2

I think I may have watched all of them maybe 3 times - not as many as you, but enough! I used to love that show. :lovestruc

What awesome stories about your dogs - they are seriously cute:cutie: ! It breaks my heart to hear about animal abuse. I have one black lab (Rory) who is a purebred (last of litter - they were basically giving her away because she wasn't breed standard - who cares?!) , but my other dog Boo is a rescue dog. He's a pitbull boxer mix, who was left in an evicted apartment for at least two weeks with no food and barely any water. He came into the shelter almost dead at 30lbs. It's taken months, but you wouldn't know he's the same dog now.There's a picture of him in my PJ - he's the guilty looking one who almost broke my nose. Rescue dogs rock! :thumbsup2

Thank you! I love to hear other people's rescue stories!!! I hate when people worry about "breed standards" blah blah blah, unless you're going to show them and compete, then what's the difference?? It's so sad. I just don't get people who spends hundreds-thousands of dollars to purchase a dog... I just don't think dogs should have a value on their life... a purebred golden retriever or a teacup yorkie or an english bulldog, or whatever dogs people are willing to spends tons of money on... that doesn't make their dogs any better than mine...

A pit/boxer mix at 30lbs sounds so pitiful. :( Poor little guy! I will have to check out your pics of them!

It's just so different rescuing a dog as opposed to "buying" them off a breeder or pet store. When you have to patiently wait for them to gain your trust because they've been so emotionally damaged, you realize that they're no longer "Just a dog" and they do have feelings too. And most people won't ever know the difference unless they rescue a dog of their own or they spend time in an animal shelter.

Hmm, this has nothing to do with my wedding... my next post will be back on topic...I promise!:thumbsup2

The other 3 places I definately want reservations at are...
Coral Reef - I always thought this place looked cool, ever since Danny tried to propose to Vicki there... FULL HOUSE (Oh, I'd like to be princess for the day too like Michelle did:rotfl: )

Whenever somebody asks me where my reception is going to be, i'm like, "did you ever see that episode of Full House..." :laughing: Glad to know i'm not the only one who references that episode! :goodvibes

ps ~ your dogs are too cute! :cutie:

Whenever somebody asks me where my reception is going to be, i'm like, "did you ever see that episode of Full House..." :laughing: Glad to know i'm not the only one who references that episode! :goodvibes

ps ~ your dogs are too cute! :cutie:

Thank you! That is so funny! I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one that references the Disney Full House episode!!! :rotfl: I love it!

Ok, one small honeymoon update:

We've changed our resort from the Coronado Springs to the Beach Club!!!:yay: AND we added an extra night! I'm loving this new 4 for 3 promotion! Although it STILL ended up costing us an extra $700, but I figured it's still a great deal, and it's our honeymoon so it's ok to splurge! Never again will I be able to justify spending $350 a night for a hotel room!

We also booked our flight! We'll be arriving in Orlando at 9:05 am on the first day!!! So excited, we'll have the WHOLE day to spend at the parks!:woohoo: Although that means that we're leaving PGH at 6:50, and we'll have to be at the airport 2 hours early... which means we'll have to be there by 4:50... and it takes about an hour to get to the airport... umm it's looking like I'll have to be up by 2:30-3:00 a.m.... YIKES:scared1:

Now if Disney would release those freakin May hours so I can finish my honeymoon planning!

I've finally ordered my flowers!:banana: After looking in craft stores and online at silk gerbera daisys, I decided that I don't really like the look of the fake ones and decided to not do a whole bouquet of them. So I decided to give the lady I found on ebay a try, and I ordered just a toss bouquet, just to see how it looked and how the color matched the dresses and stuff, and it just came in today, and I'm VERY happy with it!

Here's my toss bouquet, full of bright pink, light pink, and white roses, gerbera daisys, calla lillies, and stephonotis:

ImportedPhotos000012.jpg

ImportedPhotos000022.jpg

ImportedPhotos000032.jpg

ImportedPhotos000042.jpg

ImportedPhotos000052.jpg

ImportedPhotos000062.jpg

And best of all, the price cannot be beat! She quoted me $368.70 (includes shipping and insurance) for the bridal bouquet, 6 bridesmaids bouquets, 1 toss bouquet, 1 kissing ball for flower girl, 11 boutonnieres, 7 corsages, and 1 low floral arrangement centerpiece for the head table. Awesome!

If you're looking for silk bouquets, definately check out Affordable Elegance!
http://www.affordableelegancesilkflorals.com/

I've already e-mailed her to order the rest of my package! Yayy!:flower3:

Some other updates:

I bought our toasting flutes from Things Remembered! They're just lovely! I ordered the matching knife and server set too, but they were out of them until December. So hopefully next month I'll be able order that.

ImportedPhotos000072.jpg

I bought my "something blue" ankle bracelet:

c3ec_1.jpg

And I ordered everything I need to make these for our favors. Instead of the white tulle, I bought hot pink. And for the ribbon, I got black with pink writing. And little pink roses. And I bought jelly belly champagne bubbles for the candy! I don't want to open the bag though because we're still about 5 months from the wedding, so these won't be made until much closer to the wedding.

brandy-glass-favor.jpg

And lastly, I'm making treat boxes for the young children who will be coming to the wedding. I bought these boxes from orientaltrading.com

3_1194.jpg

and a matching crayon set with a mini coloring book

12_2843.jpg

and I also bought some little games, playdohs, and candy and stuff to put inside. Hopefully it's enough to keep all the kids quiet through the first part of the wedding! :rotfl:

That's all for now! Thanks for reading!:goodvibes

It's really pretty and can't wait to see the rest of your florals. I think your doggy approves as well!

Hi!!

I had to stop by and see all your plans (I saw you posted on my much neglected TR). Those flowers you posted look beautiful! Looks like you have a ton done already. I am looking forward to more!! :goodvibes

Very pretty flowers- the colors are great! Your little oliver gives the same faces as my Indy! She's part chihuahua and has that same look in her eyes!!!

Love the bouquet!! :love: I think you made the right decision on mixing up the flowers - it came out so well! You definitely have to post more pictures when the rest of them come in!

PS - Where did you get the ankle bracelet? I'm looking for one myself!!

Hi!!

I had to stop by and see all your plans (I saw you posted on my much neglected TR). Those flowers you posted look beautiful! Looks like you have a ton done already. I am looking forward to more!! :goodvibes

Thanks!! You need to keep up with your PJ!!!! I love your reception place! I've never seen anywhere more beautiful!!

Very pretty flowers- the colors are great! Your little oliver gives the same faces as my Indy! She's part chihuahua and has that same look in her eyes!!!

Thank you!! Chihuahua's really are like the cutest dogs ever!! They just have the cutest little faces with their big black eyes, I love it!! :)

Love it all, great choices! I think the flowers look wonderful, can't wait to see it all together!

Thanks!! Me too! I'm so excited everything's working out!

Love the bouquet!! :love: I think you made the right decision on mixing up the flowers - it came out so well! You definitely have to post more pictures when the rest of them come in!

PS - Where did you get the ankle bracelet? I'm looking for one myself!!

I definately think mixing up the flowers was a good decision too!! I'm so happy with them! I will post pics as soon as they come in!

The ankle bracelet is from ebay! I'm still waiting for that to come in! I ordered it last Saturday, I wonder why it's taking so long!:confused3

http://stores.ebay.com/Great-Prices-For-Brides

:goodvibes Thanks for the link!:goodvibes

I'm going to order one for myself, but looking at the seller I have no idea why it's taking so long to get to you - you're both in the same state!! :confused:

:goodvibes Thanks for the link!:goodvibes

I'm going to order one for myself, but looking at the seller I have no idea why it's taking so long to get to you - you're both in the same state!! :confused:

Yikes! I didn't even realize that! Hopefully it will be here tomorrow! I'll let you know when it gets here!

MegKate, my ankle bracelet came in today... finally!

ImportedPhotos000003.jpg

In other news... we bought our rings!! Matt and I were going Christmas shopping on Saturday (which I must say we did not buy any gifts) and Whitehall Jewelers at the mall was having a going out of business sale and everything was 60%-70% off! So we went in just to see what was left. I figured everything would be picked over and stuff, but suprisingly they had tons of stuff left! We were looking at wedding bands and ended up getting ours at an excellent price!!!!!!!!!!!! I was trying to take pics of them, but I can't figure out how to do it without a glare. Here's the best one I got of mine

ImportedPhotos00012.jpg

I tried to get one of Matt's, but I can't get a decent one so I gave up! Maybe I'll try later.

I also found the cake serving set that matches my toasting flutes!

ImportedPhotos000023.jpg

Also, everything came in the mail today to make my favors! I don't want to make them until closer to the wedding because I don't want the candy to sit out and get stale. So I may make a replica favor one night this week with like marbles or something instead of the candy, just to get an idea of what it will look like all together!

Hmm, one more thing... Matt is having a hard time coming up with the pics for our table numbers, so I need a new idea... I don't want to be boring with just numbers, so does anybody have any good ideas for table names? We need 25!

Hey I just found your PJ. I LOVE it so far!!! Love all the pink! So when will you be in Disney. I will be there May3-12.

Hey I just found your PJ. I LOVE it so far!!! Love all the pink! So when will you be in Disney. I will be there May3-12.

Thank you!! I actually just read your entire wedding trip report last week on my lunch breaks at work! Your wedding was beautiful! :)

We'll be in Disney from April 27th-May 4th!! I can't wait!!

I have no new updates! I've kinda put off wedding planning for while!:rotfl: I need to start Christmas shopping and stop obsessing over wedding stuff!

Yesterday I hit the 5 month mark!!!!:banana: I can't believe 5 months from today, I'll be married!!!

Off topic, but I just have to say that I'm going to NYC this weekend and can't wait to go to the World of Disney!!!!!!!!!!! I'm planning on doing TONS of shopping there!

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!!!:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter