Angelrose's Journey

Continued prayers, and totally jealous of your upcoming trip. You are an inspiration to all. Looking forward to “trip reports” praying all medical visits go as planned with no surprises.

Thank you Minnie17. So far so good with everything. Really won't know anything for about another two months. Just living each day, laughing lots and concentrating on our Disney trip.

Hi AnnaS. I got around 8 or 9 inches. I did shovel my back porch and a small path to my car and around it. I brushed off all the snow on my car too. Of course it practically all melted this afternoon. But I'm glad I did what I did and gave it a good head start.

I'm going out with my cousin tomorrow for omelets at IHOP. Doing our usual Walmart and Acme. I want to stop at Michaels craft store and then we make a stop at Produce Junction. I will stop at Chuck's to pick up my Netflix and to give Karen some mini meatloaves that are very low carb. Then I will drive home and do absolutely nothing for the rest of the day. LOL

22 days and counting! I am so looking forward to this trip.

You will be in Disney before us.......we go in May. Can't wait.

We got a little over a foot. Same here, it started to melt pretty fast the next two days :)

Tell me how you make the meatloaves low-carb please!!!

It's easy. I do the usual s & p, garlic, chopped onion sauteed and cooled, Worcestershire sauce, a dash of hot sauce, low sugar ketchup, a bit of basil and an egg. Instead of breadcrumbs, I crush up pork rinds. I spray the mini loaf pans and fill them up. I add a bit more ketchup to the top of each one. They come out perfect.

Thinking of you :flower3:
We are in Orlando now and going to flower and garden festival tomorrow. I can’t wait to see what’s new. I’ve been before but it’s been several years!

Thank you Grumpy's Gal. I know you will have a great time and I can't wait to see it myself in 18 days.

Hi Angelrose! I took a hiatus from the Dis and haven't read your whole journey. However, I did see you had a port inserted!

I was diagnosed with early stage breast cancer and had a port from October 2016 - October 2017. It was the best thing ever, as far as chemotherapy is concerned. But you will come to love your port! It saved my veins!

Best wishes to you and if you want to talk send me a message.

Welcome back FergieTCat. I do love having a port instead of destroying my veins. The only thing is it ITCHES! and it's been a month so I know it's completely healed.

I have 3rd stage vag****melanoma. I had surgery to remove the mass and now I'm getting immunotherapy every other week. I am doing well I guess. I won't know anything for another two months. But as long as I feel fine, I have no complaints. I'm just so excited to be going to the Flower and Garden festival at Disney in 17 days.

Thank you snappyd and the same to you. It was up near 70 today.

The doctor visit went well. He did say my liver numbers were elevated bit, but if they continue to rise, I will have to stop the infusion and take Prednazone for two weeks and then I can go back to the infusion. I really hate taking any steroid. No sleep and gain weight. Not good for me. But I will do what I have to. I do have to watch my snacking. Last time I had lost 7 pounds and this time I put 3 back! Getting careless with snacking after dinner. I will do better next time!

I want to wish all my dear friends here on the DIS a very HAPPY EASTER. Hope your day is filled with joy and blessings.

Happy Easter to you too Mary! I know you’ll have fun with your family.

I’ll have my siblings and their families here for brunch. We have 3 little boys for an Easter Egg hunt: ages 6, almost 3 & almost 4. No rain, so we can hide them outside! Yay!

Thank you minniecarousel. My grandkids can't wait for the Easter egg hunt tomorrow. Jesse was delighted last year when the Easter Bunny left an egg in is underwear drawer. LOL Zoey thought it was gross. So I wonder where the Easter Bunny will hide her's this year?

I'm looking forward to this myself. Lots of laughs tomorrow. Lots of good food. Karen is making a special carrot cake cupcake for us that is totally low carb. Our meal will be low carb as well. Stir fry chicken and veggies with cauliflower rice. We all love this meal anyway, so there won't be any grumbles. Zoey doesn't eat anything so we can't please her unless it's French fries or some other carb. Karen puts a tiny amount on her plate that she must eat. Then she can have something else as well. Jesse is a very good eater and loves steak and chicken. Maybe a tiny amount of veggies will pass his lips. But at least he tries new foods.

The grandkids will have to play in the basement while the Easter bunny does his thing. Karen will be cooking and I will be sitting on the couch reading my Kindle. Life is good. LOL

Welcome back FergieTCat. I do love having a port instead of destroying my veins. The only thing is it ITCHES! and it's been a month so I know it's completely healed.

I have 3rd stage vag****melanoma. I had surgery to remove the mass and now I'm getting immunotherapy every other week. I am doing well I guess. I won't know anything for another two months. But as long as I feel fine, I have no complaints. I'm just so excited to be going to the Flower and Garden festival at Disney in 17 days.

I went to Disney in December after I finished my treatments. I had 12 weeks of chemotherapy and then another treatment once every 3 weeks until last October. It was truly a "I'm Going to Disney World!!!" moment. Have fun!

Thanks FergieTCat. I am so ready for Disney. I have 10 more months of the IV's Next year Karen told me we are going to Dollywood again in April. I love that place and the water park. Something more to look forward to.

Glad that you enjoyed a lovely Easter Angelrose ..family and chocolate , doesn't get any better than that.
Your magical trip is fast approaching , always the best.

Stay well ! Many blessings to you ...

Thank you minnie56. I was being very good and stayed with my low carb diet and no chocolate for me. But Karen made some wonderful treats for us. I couldn't say I didn't miss the chocolate, but I'm determined to stick with this.

I am all packed but I think I need to take everything out and see if I can leave something out. As it is I have no room for souvenirs! Now we can't have that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter