Animal Kingdom Swap PAGES - CLOSED & COMPLETE

THanks everyone!

NemoMom -- it is SCAL --the font is called Toontime. SCAL is not hard to learn if all you want to do is cut letters, weld and shadow. I still have not had much patience for learning inkscape. However, even if I never learn it, SCAL is still worth every penny to me.

I'm just getting back from a weekend in the mountains, so I'm just reading replies to my duplicate quiry now.

Thank you all. I'll leave the giraffe pages alone and I'm sure I won't be the only one using the Safari stack.

Meg:flower3:

Another way to look at the duplicate paper issue is that we would never know about the duplicates if photos weren't posted. Posting photos of your pages is optional and nobody will make you look at the slideshow when I take pictures of the pages and post. So, if ZTH hadn't posted a picture of her page, you'd never have known and would have used the paper you'd picked out with no questions.

So.. for the sake of Meg's sanity and peace without stifling her creativity, should I not post pictures? :laughing:

I love seeing photos of other people's things.... which is why I can't wait to get the Color Swap back, as I don't know what other people are making, since only a few pictures are posted... (most of them being mine.. :rolleyes1 )

I love see photos of everything too!!

Here's another one of 123SA's pages. Group E - Flights of Wonder!

Great job Susan!

FlightsWonder123SA.jpg

Thanks! and thanks to Stephanie for the kind words and the photo posting.

I am finished with the pages. THey are labeled and bagged and in the box with the color swap.

I loveeeeee distressed pages, so this will fit right in my book. What sort of tools do you use to distress and ink, because mine never turn out that nice...

I loveeeeee distressed pages, so this will fit right in my book. What sort of tools do you use to distress and ink, because mine never turn out that nice...

No tools, just Tim Holtz Distress Ink. THe colors are Peeled Paint on the greens, and tea on the browns. THe 12x12 is from Jo-Ann's -- a 25 pack of kraft paper -- usually sells for $4.99, but goes on sale frequently for $2.99 -- I can't remember the name.

It took me a long time to realize that I couldn't be nice and neat -- you really have to just quicky ink it up and not even really look at it. If I pay attention to what I am doing, next thing you know it is all way too symmetrical and that just ruins the effect.

The next check-in is 8/19. How are you doing?

I haven't started on these yet. I'm trying to get the elements finished first and I hope to have them done this weekend. Then, I'll get to these.

Just checking in. I need to finish the Resort Swap, because it's due first, then come back and finish what I've started for this swap.

I did decide to redo my Giraffe pages. It was too close to the designs from not just someone else's page, because of the paper used, but I also used the giraffe borders. We all would have had 4 pages that looked similar. Thank you to everyone who said not to worry about it, but I loose sleep over these things......No worries.

Anyway, I was in JoAnne's and they were having a big sale and I found giraffe paper that I liked so decided to "redo".

My stuff is on hold for now, but will be out in time.:flower3:

Just checking in. I need to finish the Resort Swap, because it's due first, then come back and finish what I've started for this swap.

I did decide to redo my Giraffe pages. It was too close to the designs from not just someone else's page, because of the paper used, but I also used the giraffe borders. We all would have had 4 pages that looked similar. Thank you to everyone who said not to worry about it, but I loose sleep over these things......No worries.

Anyway, I was in JoAnne's and they were having a big sale and I found giraffe paper that I liked so decided to "redo".

My stuff is on hold for now, but will be out in time.:flower3:

Thanks for checking in Meg. I feel bad that you felt you needed to redo your giraffe pages. They would have been fine. I'm glad you were able to find other paper to use and I look forward to seeing what you design!!!

Thanks, Stephanie. It's really not a big deal. I had 3 pages. I'll use one, and give the other two to my Mom and friend who go to Disney every year. They didn't take me any time to make and they will get used. And the new pages will be pretty much the same layout, just different paper.

I'll just feel better about it. :flower3:

NemoMom, your box arrived today!! Your pages look fantastic! I :lovestruc them!!!!!!

And, thank you for the bag of hostess goodies! Wow, I feel spoiled!!!! I love it all, but I especially :love: that handbag Halloween book. That is so awesome! Thank you!!!!!!:flower3:

Your very welcome. Just a little side note on the halloween book... I can not take credit for making it. I loved it and picked it up at me lss when they were closing the doors. They were selling all the class products. Thought it was to cute to pass up and would make for great gifts.

Your very welcome. Just a little side note on the halloween book... I can not take credit for making it. I loved it and picked it up at me lss when they were closing the doors. They were selling all the class products. Thought it was to cute to pass up and would make for great gifts.

Well that book is great, whomever made it. Thank you for giving it to me!!!

I've completed 2 of my groups.

This is Group H - Tigers
Swaps001.jpg

and this is Group M - Animal Kingdom - each of these will be a little different
Swaps002.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter