ANNUAL PASSES ARE BACK!!!

I'm having a crisis of conscience now if I should purchase or not. I really do not need them until the 2nd half of 2024 and having the year to activate will cause me not to get full value if I did. I guess I could use it as a prepayment for tickets if they don't exist again. Might of just talked myself out of it while typing this...

So I just called into member services - made a mistake and now have points into holding :(

BUT the new voice message says annual passes go on sale no earlier than 6 am est
Sorry about the holding points. Will member services work with you?

I'm having a crisis of conscience now if I should purchase or not. I really do not need them until the 2nd half of 2024 and having the year to activate will cause me not to get full value if I did. I guess I could use it as a prepayment for tickets if they don't exist again. Might of just talked myself out of it while typing this...
In your case I would wait. That email we got did say the Sorcerer's pass would be available for sale at various times during the year. I'm tempted to wait as well...I currently have tix for May, but would like APs for December...it's just with my luck the next time it'd be on sale would be while I'm on the DCL Norway cruise with no internet...

I want to change my renewal date back to fall, so I am going to wait so that my one year falls in that window, I plan to buy a new voucher in October, assuming they are still available . Worst case is I just keep renewing.

I am going to try to purchase the Incredi pass on the 20th and and yesterday decided to go through the process to try to purchase Disneyland's magic key pass just to see how the process works (not intending to actually buy one). I know that the Disney World annual passes may be quite different but just for fun here's what my experience was yesterday...

I got in the queue at around 9:20AM (around 20 minutes after it opened) Pacific time and my wait stated at "more than 1 hour". At that point all four offered passes were available. At 2:10 PT it was my turn and all passes were still available. I didn't purchase of course but decided to get in the queue again to see how quickly they would sell out. At 3:50PT the Believe Key was sold out and at 4:06 the Enchant was gone. I believe at the end of the night the most expensive Inspire key pass was still available and possibly the Southern California exclusive pass but I wasn't following that one so not sure.

Curious to hear what time they will open the queue on the 20th.

Sorry about the holding points. Will member services work with you?

Thankfully yes they made a one time exception to help me fix my mishap. I thought I just had to book a new reservation within 60 days of cancelling. I didnt realize that I had to book maximum of 60 days out of when I wanted to go.

I am going to try to purchase the Incredi pass on the 20th and and yesterday decided to go through the process to try to purchase Disneyland's magic key pass just to see how the process works (not intending to actually buy one). I know that the Disney World annual passes may be quite different but just for fun here's what my experience was yesterday...

I got in the queue at around 9:20AM (around 20 minutes after it opened) Pacific time and my wait stated at "more than 1 hour". At that point all four offered passes were available. At 2:10 PT it was my turn and all passes were still available. I didn't purchase of course but decided to get in the queue again to see how quickly they would sell out. At 3:50PT the Believe Key was sold out and at 4:06 the Enchant was gone. I believe at the end of the night the most expensive Inspire key pass was still available and possibly the Southern California exclusive pass but I wasn't following that one so not sure.

Oops! Sorry. I didn't realize this was the DVC board so I posted this in the wrong spot. Don't know how to delete it though...

Unpopular opinion. I know that this could more be of an impact to Florida residents, but the limit of 5 park reservations may not matter to the DVC sorcerer pass or the incredipass if you only stay on property. If you can have park passes for each resort stay and you only stay onsite with DVC then I don't think the park passes matter. I understand that if you are local and may not need the resort say, I feel the number of passes to be very limiting to individuals.
Maybe this is how they improve their numbers staying onsite with the advantage to get more park reservations.
We are Pixie Dust FL AP holders and really don't have an issue with the 3 park reservation limit. Them lifting the requirement for reservations after 2pm will help a lot more. I suppose for someone who is retired who might go during the day more, it might be an issue. For us, we work during the day and then go to the parks in the evening. This soon won't require a reservation. We can't go on weekends with Pixie Dust anyway.

We also found that it was fairly rare that we couldn't get a park reservation. Perhaps only for some of the busiest times when EVERYONE was traveling again. We had ways around that. We sometimes had a park reservation for one park, tapped in and then hopped to another park. When semi-local and driving, this isn't that bad. Hollywood Studios seemed to be the best for this as parking is fairly close to the turnstiles.

9 am PST is 6 am EST, right?
6 AM EST = 5 AM CST = 4 AM MST = 3 AM PST
You have a year to activate. Once activated, you have a year to use -- so you don't lose anything. So if you buy in the 2nd half of 2023 (less than a year from your 2024 trip) you'll be fine and won't be affected by any price increases that occur between 2nd half of 2023 and your trip.

I would imagine the ticket start time is a DISNEY/drc decision, NOT a DVC choice.
That is why Dvc really does not know or have any power .
Midnight, 6:00am, 7:00am.

Online ticketing opens at 6:00am, phones open at DRC at 7:00am.
That’s good to know maybe it is 6am but California did later. Didn’t they.

I still have 2 enchant keys in my DL cart. I'm only eligible to buy Incredi because out of state and non DVC. Maybe I should just buy the enchant keys and go to DL for two years in a row? I haven't been to CA since 2004 and would love to go again. I'm just worried I will have major FOMO next Thursday if I don't try and buy WDW AP's. ;) :thumbsup2

Okay, I got the email saying tickets go on sale at 6:00 a.m. tomorrow. And when I click on the link it takes me to the annual pass page on Disney. I'm automatically signed in when I do that. So my question is, this should work that it's 6:00 a.m. tomorrow and the "currently unavailable" turns to a "purchase now' under Sorcerer Pass?

I have three DVC memberships with one of them not me eligible for benefits. So I'm guessing MDE is smart enough to know about the ones I am eligible for. I already use Google wallet to show my Disney pass. And that does show annual and DVC-Y.

If anybody is in a similar situation and knows the answer, just relieve my anxiety on this one. I don't want to have to call at 9:00 a.m. I just want to get on at 6:00 a.m., purchase two tickets and log off.

Okay, I got the email saying tickets go on sale at 6:00 a.m. tomorrow. And when I click on the link it takes me to the annual pass page on Disney. I'm automatically signed in when I do that. So my question is, this should work that it's 6:00 a.m. tomorrow and the "currently unavailable" turns to a "purchase now' under Sorcerer Pass?

I have three DVC memberships with one of them not me eligible for benefits. So I'm guessing MDE is smart enough to know about the ones I am eligible for. I already use Google wallet to show my Disney pass. And that does show annual and DVC-Y.

If anybody is in a similar situation and knows the answer, just relieve my anxiety on this one. I don't want to have to call at 9:00 a.m. I just want to get on at 6:00 a.m., purchase two tickets and log off.

If you are showing the ability to buy the Sorcerer Pass today, that means the system recognizes you as eligible…it was like that for me when I did have one eligible and one non eligible membership.

Also, it does say no earlier than 6 am, so It’s still possible it starts later…but I am going to guess thats just to cover things in case of glitches.

I want to change my renewal date back to fall, so I am going to wait so that my one year falls in that window, I plan to buy a new voucher in October, assuming they are still available . Worst case is I just keep renewing.
I’m so conflicted on this myself. I had no plan on buying one tomorrow as I have an AP that expires in early November of this year. After an October 2023 trip I don’t plan on going again until February of 2024 earliest. I wasn’t planning on renewing in the fall with my plans a bit uncertain, and especially not planning to do so now that APs are back. I’d also prefer a non-fall renewal date.

So now my decision is to buy one tomorrow, which does put pressure on me to use it before April of next year, or just wait and hope for the best, and purchase one (if available) when my plans for 2024 have firmed up. Generally only take two trips a year, but always more than 10 days total. Wouldn’t be the end of the world or a huge price difference if I had to pay multi-day tickets, but I do love the convenience of the AP as well as the discounts.

Decisions, decisions!

So my question is, this should work that it's 6:00 a.m. tomorrow and the "currently unavailable" turns to a "purchase now' under Sorcerer Pass?

If it is similar to 2021, and depending on how many log on, there will most likely be a link to place you into a queue. When it’s your turn, you will be redirected to the Purchase Now page, which will allow you add your quantity to the cart.

To speed things up, have your credit card information ready to be copied and pasted.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter