ANNUAL PASSES ARE BACK!!!

I didn’t see it discussed here although I may have missed it, but the biggest news in this morning’s email is an expectation that the “DVC” Sorcerer Pass would be made available from time to time through the year - even if it’s not made available to FL residents.

This is an accommodation made specifically for sales. They want to be able to say that - even if the pass isn’t available at this moment - Disney has made at least a near term commitment to DVC pass availability, prioritizing it over FL residents.

I think that’s pretty big news.
I agree with you - I do think that's the result of Parks & Resorts giving some recognition to benefiting DVC direct sales by offering the Sorcerer AP to DVC-Y owners even when it's not available to anyone else.
There are about 300,000 DVC members (not sure how many of those are eligible members however) - even if every single one of them bought a Sorcerer pass, that's not really making a dent in the turnstiles at Magic Kingdom. There's no real compelling reason why they can't be perpetually available to all eligible DVC members at all times in my mind.
And Sorcerer APs could be perpetually available to all DVC-Y members. I just think DP&R and DVC don't want to over-promise that they will be.

So let’s say my annual pass is up for renewal next week but I wanted to upgrade tomrrow .. I would have to pay 500 for a week of use
If you wanted to take advantage of entering the parks on dates not supported by the Pixie Dust pass between when you renew and when your renewal date is, then yes you would have to pay the full price to upgrade. Example. You go online to renew today but your expiration is April 30th. You technically can't start going to the parks on the weekends until your new pass is active on May 1st.

There are about 300,000 DVC members (not sure how many of those are eligible members however) - even if every single one of them bought a Sorcerer pass, that's not really making a dent in the turnstiles at Magic Kingdom. There's no real compelling reason why they can't be perpetually available to all eligible DVC members at all times in my mind.
They want the option there to pull the passes from being for sale as it helps increase renewal rates. If there is a threat they won't sell them next month, you might just renew when you renewal comes up.

I hope that is true. It should be. DVC members offer more financial benefit to the company than Florida residents alone. It always chaffed me that DVCers were only permitted 2 levels of AP and no monthly payment plans.
I suspect the monthly payment plans for Florida residents only has to do with how that program works. It is technically a loan at 0% (Retail Installment Contract Consumer Note). So there are probably lending laws that where they don't want to get licensed in every state in order to offer this to offsite guests for what is 0% interest.

They want the option there to pull the passes from being for sale as it helps increase renewal rates. If there is a threat they won't sell them next month, you might just renew when you renewal comes up.
That's how it's worked since 2021 in my family. But I think yanking the passes comes at the expense of new DVC sales. Disney has to weigh which is more important to them.

I suspect the monthly payment plans for Florida residents only has to do with how that program works. It is technically a loan at 0% (Retail Installment Contract Consumer Note). So there are probably lending laws that where they don't want to get licensed in every state in order to offer this to offsite guests for what is 0% interest.
Then how come Universal and SeaWorld offer monthly payment plans to everyone? Seems a bit odd since those companies are a lot smaller.

Then how come Universal and SeaWorld offer monthly payment plans to everyone? Seems a bit odd since those companies are a lot smaller.

It may be that they see an opportunity for a competitive advantage over Disney.

Got it … thanks everyone … I will just renew when my 60 day window opens up … but so have a question … is it true that the new pass will not become active until I get to my expiration on the pixie

Got it … thanks everyone … I will just renew when my 60 day window opens up … but so have a question … is it true that the new pass will not become active until I get to my expiration on the pixie
That’s true. I just renewed in February. My pass expired March 9th. My new vouchers say they expire March 9th 2024. I’ve not used them yet. My next trip is the last week of April.

It is true. You won't be able to use the new benefits of the new pass until it becomes active once the other one expires. So if you go from Pixie Dust to Sorcerer then you won't be able to go on the weekends until your new pass is active.

I hope that is true. It should be. DVC members offer more financial benefit to the company than Florida residents alone. It always chaffed me that DVCers were only permitted 2 levels of AP and no monthly payment plans.
I never understood all the hoopla over being able to spread AP costs over the year. It’s quite simple to accomplish the same thing in the family budget.
As far as no Pirates or Pixies for DVC, I expect that’s because it could manipulate DVC accommodations demand according to blackout periods.

I never understood all the hoopla over being able to spread AP costs over the year. It’s quite simple to accomplish the same thing in the family budget.
As far as no Pirates or Pixies for DVC, I expect that’s because it could manipulate DVC accommodations demand according to blackout periods.

A lot of people in this country ask not, "how much" but rather "how much a month?"

Good luck everyone tomorrow morning. Have a cup of coffee with a hammer next to you in case everything goes sideways.

Cause we all know how easy it can happen.

Best of luck to everyone!

All I know is I ain’t given them up again ever regardless of if and when the world goes to pot again. Lol

I'm having a crisis of conscience now if I should purchase or not. I really do not need them until the 2nd half of 2024 and having the year to activate will cause me not to get full value if I did. I guess I could use it as a prepayment for tickets if they don't exist again. Might of just talked myself out of it while typing this...
Activation occurs upon first use for admission. You would need to activate (go to a park) within that 12 months or the “pass” reverts to cash value. If you bought tomorrow but didn’t go to a park until September 2024, you would no longer have a pass but only the value of what you paid toward a new (available) pass or tickets. That’s my understanding anyway.

So if my pixie renews mid July - I can upgrade in May ? Probably makes no sense to upgrade now
My understanding is yes. Once you have a pass you can currently change to any other level. The original pass will work under the original terms and conditions to its expiration date. When it expires the new level kicks in under the T & C of the new level. If you want to use an upgraded pass in June (if you have pixie, but want to go over a weekend in June), you would need to pay the full difference in cost between the two pass types. The expiration date isn’t extended.

Okay…I just saw a report that someone was able to upgrade their current ticket to a 10 day ticket so that it is still valid on the 13th and will be eligible to do the upgrade, even though the ticker has already been used…

So, maybe those onsite should stop at GR and ask if they can upgrade a ticket they currently have to that is not yet expired to a 10 day and then get some credit to use it toward a new AP!
During the last period in which they sold AP’s we were on a trip and elected to upgrade. They applied the full value of our tickets to the AP’s and started the AP from the first use date of that ticket.

Not sure if they would do that at this time but it was pretty awesome as we had 8 day tickets already and the incremental cost was pretty low for four of us.worked out well for Disney too since we took two more trips during that time.

Got an answer back from Member Services on applying unused tickets to an AP upgrade. They said:

Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club®.
We appreciate your interest in upgrading to the Sorcerer Pass and will be happy to assist you.

In regards to your inquiry, we at Member Services can only do one or the other, we can either upgrade the Pixie Pass or apply the amount of the unused tickets toward a pass.

We would suggest contacting Walt Disney World ticketing at ticket.inquiries@disneyworld.com or call (407) 934-7639 and they can double check as they are the experts. However, you may have to wait until the 20th to do both through them.

So I think if you are an existing Pixie holder wanting to upgrade and apply unused tickets, you will have to call and may have to wait until the 20th to buy.

Got an answer back from Member Services on applying unused tickets to an AP upgrade. They said:

The number of scenarios is too funny. Disney can only thank themselves for making things so complicated.

I’m planning on upgrade our unused tickets 6am est using the change ticket button on wdw website. I’d maybe try from a different web browser or device if you have trouble. The phone app is backup #1, and calling member services as a last resort.

Good luck everyone tomorrow morning. Have a cup of coffee with a hammer next to you in case everything goes sideways.

Is the general consensus that AP sales will only be available in a brief window again? I suppose none of us have any way of knowing for sure, of course, but I'm wondering if this is going to be another thing like RunDisney race registration - you've got to be quick or it'll be gone in an hour or two. We'd planned on picking up a pair of passes for trips in December, but hadn't felt the need to buy right away. Maybe that's a mistake on our part? Hmmm....

Is the general consensus that AP sales will only be available in a brief window again? I suppose none of us have any way of knowing for sure, of course, but I'm wondering if this is going to be another thing like RunDisney race registration - you've got to be quick or it'll be gone in an hour or two. We'd planned on picking up a pair of passes for trips in December, but hadn't felt the need to buy right away. Maybe that's a mistake on our part? Hmmm....

We really dont know but I think what you will have is on and off sales from now on. How long this lasts? No one knows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter