ANNUAL PASSES ARE BACK!!!

I'd go to MS on April 13. You might be able to apply the tickets you are currently using.

I'd either go AK or Disney Springs.

If you don't have current tickets, I'd try to do it online. It might work, but Disney IT.
Thanks RoseGold, no current tickets to consider. I think I’ll play Disney IT roulette and if that doesn’t work try AK Guest Services. Keeping everything crossed that we can get something to work.
Does anyone have any more info re what time the online option should open up?

Thanks for posting this information, it's great news for a lot of people! But does that mean that I will not be able to upgrade my 6 day PH tickets on 4/13 if I used one day already on 4/12?? I thought in the past that partially used tickets could be upgraded as long as it was before the end of the last day?
I am in the same boat. I originally had a 5 day pass starting 4/12. Had my travel agent rebook that as a 1 day ticket for 4/12, and then a 4 day ticket starting 4/13. If I can't get the AP on 4/13 for some reason, I still have ticket and park reservations for the rest of my trip. Most likely they will just apply my unused 4 day ticket to the Sorcerer's pass purchase (I'm a bit stressed about park reservations though....)

Does anyone know with the new annual passes (for out of state guests) how long one can hold onto the voucher before activating it? I'd like to buy these but may have an issue with visiting WDW within the next several months?

Do they have the bonus right now? I always try to buy my gift cards when they are offering the bonuses. Just be aware that if you buy several online, sometimes it may take a day before they will let you purchase more. You'll get the online ones emailed to you pretty quick after the purchase, but I think there is a limit to how many they will let you buy at time.
I hopped over to the budget board yesterday to see what I can scrape together as additional discounts for APs and there are varying bonuses right now. I had 3 x $110 for $30. I bought one $200 yesterday and another this morning. Many people have done them back to back to back it seems.

I'll have $600 in gc's for a net of $540 and I'm using Disney Visa Rewards for the rest for my AP.

But I wish I'd have been hoarding gift card deals the last couple years as I'm debating buying my DH an AP as well but I don't want it "full price" lol

RE: Buying an "extra" annual pass...

I'm not sure if my DH will need one, but I'm thinking of buying it just in case. What is the worst case scenario here?

They can still be reassigned thru MDE, correct?
I could reassign it to my self and use it toward renewal when (inevitably in a few years) renewal is more than what I pay now.

Reassign it to an eligible family member should they need one in the future. (within one year correct?)

Worse worse case: I have to wait to use the value toward a hopper when that price outpaces the price I paid for the AP?

Just weighing my options. I'm literally planning 4 trips at once and moving my DD to FL in July so my brain is overwhelmed.

My DW and I have unused one day tickets that we bought for a short trip in late April. We are planning to buy Incredi-passes. I’m going to try calling in on the 20th, but unless I can get someone on the phone pretty quickly that day I will likely just buy the passes and plan to use the expired tickets towards our renewal next year. Does anyone know how I make sure our tickets aren’t used for our upcoming trip? After we go to GS and activate our APs is there anything we specifically need to do? Do we need to update something in MDE?

My DW and I have unused one day tickets that we bought for a short trip in late April. We are planning to buy Incredi-passes. I’m going to try calling in on the 20th, but unless I can get someone on the phone pretty quickly that day I will likely just buy the passes and plan to use the expired tickets towards our renewal next year. Does anyone know how I make sure our tickets aren’t used for our upcoming trip? After we go to GS and activate our APs is there anything we specifically need to do? Do we need to update something in MDE?
Having had an issue with it previously, stop by GS (and of the 4 parks, or Disney Springs) to have the pass(es) activated, and request they verify that the APs are prioritized to be used first in your account. We were told GS will do that automatically when activating an AP, but we got burned on that years ago and lost a number of days on a non-expiring park hopper pass - caused a real mess. You'd probably be fine with them prioritizing properly - just ask and verify. As far as I know, only GS can see the 'priorities' of tickets in your MDE.

You have to make sure they are "prioritized" with the AP as first priority. We have often had multiple tickets / types in our MDE.

However, I would personally recommend just having GS move them to a hard ticket and keep them someplace safe. I had my account "unprioritized" many times for no apparent reason and it was a pain worrying about which tickets were used every time we went thru the turnstiles.

Another option would be to make a fake profile on your MDE to hold your extra tickets and transfer them to the "real you" when you're ready to use them. Assuming this is all still an option. Things change so fast around here. lol

Thanks for the info thanxfornoticin and 4luv2cdisney! I knew there had to be something that was required, but I couldn’t figure it out. I’ll probably end up using one of the suggestions to try to separate the tickets from my account. If I don’t then it will be my luck that they will get used.

Thanks for the info thanxfornoticin and 4luv2cdisney! I knew there had to be something that was required, but I couldn’t figure it out. I’ll probably end up using one of the suggestions to try to separate the tickets from my account. If I don’t then it will be my luck that they will get used.
From our experience, we have had extra tickets in our account for years, and other than the AP prioritization issue, we've not had any other problems with them sitting in the account. Clearly, there have been others with different issues, but we haven't seen any problems with multiple tickets in the account.

RE: Buying an "extra" annual pass...

I'm not sure if my DH will need one, but I'm thinking of buying it just in case. What is the worst case scenario here?

They can still be reassigned thru MDE, correct?
I could reassign it to my self and use it toward renewal when (inevitably in a few years) renewal is more than what I pay now.

Reassign it to an eligible family member should they need one in the future. (within one year correct?)

Worse worse case: I have to wait to use the value toward a hopper when that price outpaces the price I paid for the AP?

Just weighing my options. I'm literally planning 4 trips at once and moving my DD to FL in July so my brain is overwhelmed.

If you buy it, it’s a voucher for an AP for one year.

If can be reassigned to an eligible person within that one year.

Once the one year from date of purchase is up, all you have is the value you paid for it.

That value can then be used toward your renewal or tickets that cost more.

If you wanted to use this voucher for a renewal before the year is over, you won’t be able to do that.

Can you call too? For example to see if getting these would enable me to convert the 10 days worth of tix we bought for July. If they say no, I’ll probably not purchase.

It’s online, member services won’t open til it’s normal time.
For those of us that have tickets that need to be upgraded to AP, we need to call starting at 7 am. I am expecting a several-hour wait on Thursday.
I called Member Service the other day and they said to call the regular ticketing number for the upgrade. Hopefully, that is the correct information, so I'm not calling the wrong number on Thursday.:crazy2:

Spoke to member services today. Member services is saying 6AM EST on the 13th for WDW.
The funniest part is no one knows. The Chat person told me 7am and then also said to check at midnight. ha!

For those of us that have tickets that need to be upgraded to AP, we need to call starting at 7 am. I am expecting a several hour wait on Thursday.

Just want to add that the process for renewals changed last summer. You had to start with DVC so they verified you were still eligible for the Sorcerer Pass…they then connected you with certain CMs in ticketing.

I only mention in case one does call ticketing before MS opens at 9 am only to find out for upgrades, you have to talk to them first.

But hopefully things will all work online Or the CM is correct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter