• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Passholder Magic Band Slider 2018

We put our sliders on, but only saw the potential benefit when I park. One attendant waved me through after looking at my MB with the AP slider.

My kid lost a Magic Band (a special Star Wars one, at that) on our last trip, so I'm definitely going to use these. I know a regular rubber band could perform the same function, but this is cuter. ;-)

My kid lost a Magic Band (a special Star Wars one, at that) on our last trip, so I'm definitely going to use these. I know a regular rubber band could perform the same function, but this is cuter. ;-)

The sliders don't hold the band together. They just sit there. Not even sure if they can slide over where the notches are.

I would put mine on if it kept me from digging out my ID and Passholders card every time I wanted a discount.

The sliders don't hold the band together. They just sit there. Not even sure if they can slide over where the notches are.

I would put mine on if it kept me from digging out my ID and Passholders card every time I wanted a discount.

You can slide them over to hold the end of the band down. I tried it out as soon as we got them. :-)

You can slide them over to hold the end of the band down. I tried it out as soon as we got them. :-)

Good to know. May use for the grandchildren, then. I tried to find one to test it, but couldn't locate any. I think I've thrown them away, or they would have been with the bands. They didn't appear wide enough to slip over where the band overlaps, and I didn't put it on to try. I'll have to order new ones for the grandchildren since we can get new sliders. Thanks for the idea.

Good to know. May use for the grandchildren, then. I tried to find one to test it, but couldn't locate any. I think I've thrown them away, or they would have been with the bands. They didn't appear wide enough to slip over where the band overlaps, and I didn't put it on to try. I'll have to order new ones for the grandchildren since we can get new sliders. Thanks for the idea.
They are flexible. They fit. The AP sliders are the same exact thing as Bit Belts, which are sold for the exact purpose of holding a band closed. But as I've posted, I find they do indeed hold the band closed but they also now catch on things, which is a bigger pain than bands ever falling off were. I've had the band get snagged so often it actually makes it start to fall apart by stressing along the grey perforation. Had 3 bands fall apart, so far, due to this. I've taken my slider off

http://www.bitbelt.com/Bitbelt-for-Disney-MagicBand-adult-size-magicband1.htm

How does one get the AP sliders? Our family has had APs for several years (at least 7-8 years if not more) and we have never received any sliders.

How does one get the AP sliders? Our family has had APs for several years (at least 7-8 years if not more) and we have never received any sliders.
You should get them with the Magic Bands that you can customize for the AP's. If you decline them then you can go to CS and they "should" give them to you once they confirm your AP. We had luck getting a replacement one for one that was lost, but ymmv.

Was doing some things at guest services Disney Springs for my annual pass asked cast member for a slider for my wife and he gave me one. Orange. I got one in mail several years ago with a magic band only one ever received. Orange

While I agree that they aren't a huge issue and I would certainly take discounts/events over a slider, I still think they are a neat little thing to include and agree it seems a tad "cheap" to me that they stopped changing them yearly! Not anything I get all worked up about, but I think sometimes the little things can make a difference! I also didn't really appreciate their function until one of my sons kept having his MB fall off, and he has even lost 2. Now I make sure to slide it over both ends where they double up, so it actually has a function instead of simply being decoration, and when I do that it is so much less likely to fall off. I do it on mine as well, as mine always tend to fall off when i pick up kids or get them in and out of strollers, and doing that really helps! I've never had them snag anything and actually cause a problem.

I also wanted to mention I got my AP at a different time from my family, and I got a magnet. My DH and 2 kids got APs for our June trip, and we got a mailing addressed to the xxxxx Family, and it had 2 magnets in it, not 3. I can't figure out how they work sometimes. But I'm just happy that I seem to get all of the AP emails, since reading on these boards it seems as if a lot of people don't. So i can't complain!

You should get them with the Magic Bands that you can customize for the AP's. If you decline them then you can go to CS and they "should" give them to you once they confirm your AP. We had luck getting a replacement one for one that was lost, but ymmv.
Wow, I have never received one in all the years we have had APs.

Last had AP 2015-16 and got 1 car magnet for two people and got 2 sliders for two people. Got AP this year and asked for sliders at guest services MK and got their last two (at that time anyway). Got our magic bands in mail after that trip with two more sliders. Later got a mailing with two car magnets. Currently my car has the Donald magnet I got in june at Epcot and the Mickey one I got in the mail and my old magnet from 2015. Trashy but I love my AP magnets. I would trade it all for more discounts on food and a cheaper AP though (yep I know that’s not gonna happen )

If someone does not want their AP band sliders they can mail them to me. We always get the DVC slider. DVC over rules passholder i guess.

After my son lost his BB8 MB with his AP slider on it at SAB on our last trip I looked on eBay. In case anyone is wondering, there are quite a few of the orange AP sliders there and the going rate seems to be around $7.50! I didn’t buy him a replacement one, I figured he’ll get one with his new AP band (that was his old slider, but since they didn’t change...). I didn’t ask at guest services, I figured it was pointless, but after reading that some people got a replacement one that way I kind of wish I’d at least asked.

The AP slider is pretty nifty, a lot of times people saw it and just applied my AP discount to things without asking to see the IDs. I was handed AP magnets twice just for wearing it too. Seems easy to abuse though, if you can just buy them, so that's probably not going to last. I also noticed it attracts DVC sales CMs like a magnet... they were giving me the hard sell last week. I wish I could afford DVC, I'd love to get the free fastpasses from the info session but it'll just torture me!

Matt

And I hate orange so I wear an old one. PLEASE let a new color come soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter