another lightening lane question

can I purchase lightening lane passes for a ride without purchasing genie+?
You can purchase the Individual Lightning Lane passes for the 2 rides in each park that are so designated without paying the $15 for Genie+. To reserve Lightning Lane passes for the other rides, you need to buy Genie+, but it covers all those other rides, no additional cost.

jennasis,, thanks. was it hard to get the LL for Remy? I heard it was as hard as rise of the resistance
No. BUT I clicked to join the virtual queue Right at 7am and got group 85. We didn't get called back to ride until 4:30. The park seems very crowded today but we have managed to wait no longer than 30 minutes for anything (and that wait was for Remy even with the boarding group).

No. BUT I clicked to join the virtual queue Right at 7am and got group 85. We didn't get called back to ride until 4:30. The park seems very crowded today but we have managed to wait no longer than 30 minutes for anything (and that wait was for Remy even with the boarding group).
Thanks for taking the time to answer me!! have a magical time!!!!

You can purchase the Individual Lightning Lane passes for the 2 rides in each park that are so designated without paying the $15 for Genie+. To reserve Lightning Lane passes for the other rides, you need to buy Genie+, but it covers all those other rides, no additional cost.
This.
For normal LL you must have Genie +. For the individual ala carte rides you can purchase those without Genie +.
You can also do the VQ without Genie +.

can I purchase lightening lane passes for a ride without purchasing genie+?
I'm amending my reply because I messed up ..I didn't BUY a lightning lane for Remy. We did the virtual boarding group thing. We could have bought easily the LL pass but I'm glad we didn't spend money on this ride. It was adorable buy not worth any extra money or a wait longer than 30 min.

I'm amending my reply because I messed up ..I didn't BUY a lightning lane for Remy. We did the virtual boarding group thing. We could have bought easily the LL pass but I'm glad we didn't spend money on this ride. It was adorable buy not worth any extra money or a wait longer than 30 min.
How long was your wait in the Remy VQ line? Was it 30 minutes? We go in January, and I’m wondering whether to pay for the ILL$ just to have a known time and short wait or go the VQ route.

I don’t understand this? I just read one can get virtual queue for Remy on genie+? And, so for rotr (no more virtual queue) and mmrr is if only stand in line or LL$?

I don’t understand this? I just read one can get virtual queue for Remy on genie+? And, so for rotr and mmrr is if only stand in line or LL$?
For Remy you have a choice of ILL$ or VQ, no need to buy Genie+ in either case. For ROTR and MMRR you have a choice of ILL$ or standby, again no need to buy Genie+.

Reactions: ldo
Last question: can one pick their LL$ time or is it assigned? If we know we’re going a certain day, can we buy LL$ in advance? And can one change/swap LL$ for another time or another ride? Or once you buy it, that’s it?

Last question: can one pick their LL$ time or is it assigned? If we know we’re going a certain day, can we buy LL$ in advance? And can one change/swap LL$ for another time or another ride? Or once you buy it, that’s it?
I haven't used Genie+ or ILL$ yet, but my understanding is that when buying an ILL$ you are offered times and can pick one that's convenient for you. You can't buy until the day of your visit, and once bought, there are no cancellations and no refunds (unless the ride goes down and doesn't come back into operation that day).

BTW, You can find a lot of answers to these and other questions in this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-genie-usage-tips-and-strategy-only-thread.3857056/. Most of what I know about Genie+ and ILL$ I learned there!

1) LL$ is only available starting at 7am the day of your park visit. You will need both valid admission and a park reservation.
2) With LL$, you choose your return time from an available list of options
3) Once you make your purchase it's no exchanges or refunds

And no “stacking” anymore? Such as Remy LL$ and also getting VQ for the same day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter