Another New England DISmeet?

I'm pretty sure I'll have to miss it on the 19th. . . I get home on the 18th after 10 days in Tampa on business, so I'll probably be making up for lost time that day with DS and DH. But I do hope to make a meet some other time, and I hope y'all have fun! :cool1:

Hi, just found you guys.... are kids going? Just wondering. My husband is covering Sundays at a job until they find someone else, so I didn't know whether or not bringing the kids would be an option.

Sundays work well for me and like Monte Cristo I am not the typical Rhode Islander I do leave the state haha .

Cthia passed the note to me about the meet and greet. I'm going to try to get the day off at work to come! Only because I'm partial, but there is a Cracker Barrel in Tweksberry and Holyoke that we could go to...just an idea.

My DH is going to get a good laugh at this because he thinks I talk about Disney too much now as it is. :goodvibes

I'd love to do a meet. Nov 19 is great for me, as I'll be going to the World on the 25th to Dec 3rd..... :banana: :banana:

Cracker Barrel is fine, or any of the other ones.

Can't wait to meet some fellow dissers. I've never been to a meet as I missed the Canobie Lake one also.

Dwife, DD and I are good for the 19th. That's if babies are invited too. I don't know many people on this thread, but would love to get together with you all. :sunny:

As long as it's within a decent driving distance.

Hey Gang, count me in!!! Where you all going to meet?? Any decisions made at all??

Someone said RED ROBIN in Millbury??? The Blackstone Valley Shoppes :goodvibes

Kitty-chan....sorry to hear you can't make it. We'll miss you!

Ok, so I've been making some progress. I called Red Robin in Millbury. They take large parties but don't have a secluded room or anything and the large party isn't like one big table but a bunch of smaller tables and booths. I love Red Robin and it's SO fun and Disney-like but this may not be the optimum situation for interaction. But I'm not ruling it out.

I am going to call MargaritaGrill in Auburn as well as Vinny T's in Shrewsbury. Both of these places are close to the MassPike. Sturbridge, MA is right off the MassPike, exit 9, so that's also a possibility. There are a number of restaurants there - Uno's, Cracker Barrell, etc. I'm kind of leaning towards the chain places because I'm not sure of cuisine at some of the local restaurants, plus the chains tend to be more family-oriented and kid friendly. I saw on the Vinny T's website that they do have private dining rooms for larger parties, that could be great for us. So that's where I'm at with researching a restaurant. Any ideas/opinions are welcome!

Reading through this thread I've come up with a preliminary group list. To even get a reservation we'll have to have an accurate count. If you see your name on the list please let me know if you will be bringing anyone with you by listing it like this:

Example:

Stina (MA) + 1 A + 2 K
(that's plus one adult and two kids)

When I get responses I will repost a new list as we get closer to our date.

Here's the list as of today 10/23 of who is attending:

stina (MA)
hannacanna (MA)
yearbook50 (MA)
momrek06 (MA)
Monte Cristo (RI)
Laura Bell
TinaLala (MA)
LisaB (MA)
Patsfan7 (MA)
Cthia (MA)
goofy4tink (MA)
travelin' tigger (MA)
magiroux (MA)
twotoohappy (MA)
Becky521 (NY)
zippeedee (MA)
IMALOVNDISNEY (CT)
allaboutmm (MA)

Thanks everyone! Can't wait to meet y'all!
:wave2:

stina

stina said:
Kitty-chan....sorry to hear you can't make it. We'll miss you!

Ok, so I've been making some progress. I called Red Robin in Millbury. They take large parties but don't have a secluded room or anything and the large party isn't like one big table but a bunch of smaller tables and booths. I love Red Robin and it's SO fun and Disney-like but this may not be the optimum situation for interaction. But I'm not ruling it out.

I am going to call MargaritaGrill in Auburn as well as Vinny T's in Shrewsbury. Both of these places are close to the MassPike. Sturbridge, MA is right off the MassPike, exit 9, so that's also a possibility. There are a number of restaurants there - Uno's, Cracker Barrell, etc. I'm kind of leaning towards the chain places because I'm not sure of cuisine at some of the local restaurants, plus the chains tend to be more family-oriented and kid friendly. I saw on the Vinny T's website that they do have private dining rooms for larger parties, that could be great for us. So that's where I'm at with researching a restaurant. Any ideas/opinions are welcome!

Reading through this thread I've come up with a preliminary group list. To even get a reservation we'll have to have an accurate count. If you see your name on the list please let me know if you will be bringing anyone with you by listing it like this:

Example:

Stina (MA) + 1 A + 2 K
(that's plus one adult and two kids)

When I get responses I will repost a new list as we get closer to our date.

Here's the list as of today 10/23 of who is attending:

stina (MA)
hannacanna (MA)
yearbook50 (MA)
momrek06 (MA)
Monte Cristo (RI)
Laura Bell
TinaLala (MA)
LisaB (MA)
Patsfan7 (MA)
Cthia (MA)
goofy4tink (MA)
travelin' tigger (MA)
magiroux (MA)
twotoohappy (MA)
Becky521 (NY)
zippeedee (MA)
IMALOVNDISNEY (CT)
allaboutmm (MA)

Thanks everyone! Can't wait to meet y'all!
:wave2:

stina

AWESOME!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

Stina,
Times me by 3. There will be DH and DD (12). DD can help with any younger ones that go. She loves younger ones.

What if every person attending brings a surprise gift for someone else. Kind of like a secret Santa.

IMALOVNDISNEY... I love your secret santa...or rather secret mousketeer idea! We'd have to wait until the list is finalized to know how many people are coming. How would it be organized? Would names be assigned ahead of time so you know who you are buying a gift for (adult or child) or would it just be everyone brings one item and we put them in a big pile and everyone picks one and then people can trade if they want, like a yankee swap.

Have you gone to a DISmeet at a restaurant before? How does it work out... does each person pay individually? I'm just thinking ahead about the best way to organize this.

Now I'm reallly getting excited about this!!! :woohoo:

stina :wave2:

:thumbsup2 I can't wait! Not sure if DH,DS'S(7 & 10) and DD(3) are a go, but will know as the time gets closer. Love the SS gift idea!

Hi. Just found this thread. I never think to visit this forum.

I'm in Oxford, but unfortunately I'll be working on 11/19.

Have a good time everyone...and have a drink for me. :thumbsup2

Where & what the heck is Red Robin? Millbury you say? Where in Millbury? Up at the Shoppes? Never heard of it. I've got to get out more.

SplshMtn99 said:
Hi. Just found this thread. I never think to visit this forum.

I'm in Oxford, but unfortunately I'll be working on 11/19.

Have a good time everyone...and have a drink for me. :thumbsup2

Where & what the heck is Red Robin? Millbury you say? Where in Millbury? Up at the Shoppes? Never heard of it. I've got to get out more.

OMG...Splash, I was hoping we could go together...Millbury Shoppes are AWESOME...GET THE DAY OFF....please, pretty please.... :rotfl:

stina said:
Have you gone to a DISmeet at a restaurant before? How does it work out... does each person pay individually? I'm just thinking ahead about the best way to organize this.

Now I'm reallly getting excited about this!!! :woohoo:

The DIS meet at the Rainforest we got one bill and everyone contributed what their meal cost plus a tip. The person who had organized it counted the money and made sure there was enough to cover the bill plus the tip. I am not sure if she found the easiest way though.

As for the secret Santa, I would make sure we have a set dollar amount and make sure we do if for both adults and children. I would hate for the kids to be left out. If we put them into a pile we should make sure they are labeled adult/child.

A few thoughts on the gift thing. I think it should be $10 or less. And I think the best way to approach it is that each woman, man and child brings a wrapped gift under $10 that they themselves would like. That way we have an even number of male, female and child-oriented gifts. The gifts don't HAVE to be super gender specific, but I just want to make sure we've got everyone covered. Each parent would be responsible for providing a gift from each of their children addressed to another child.

I was thinking that I'd bring some stick-on nametags as well. I know it's goofy but since we all identify each other by our usernames we could have our usernames and real names on the tags. I think that would help to associate a username with face later on so when I'm writing to y'all I know who I'm writing to!

I don't mind being the organizer of the money. If everyone brought cash to cover their meals we could easily work it all out.

Is there anything else Disney-esque we should do? I'm all about the creating the magic!

I'd probably be drummed out of the family if I didn't make it. Just joking, actually looking forward to a fun time.
JMP

hey cuz. i think our family does want to get rid of us! i think they are sick of hearing us talk about disney and being all magical and all. :rotfl:
that's why we need to have a DISmeet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter