Another New England DISmeet?

Ok, sounds cool to me. Do any of you Central Mass. residents have suggestions. I live in Western Mass. but I'm not that familiar with Central Mass. locations.

Thanks!

stina :wave2:

There is Vinny T's in Shrewsbury, Red Robin in Millbury, Bertucci's in Marlboro

What type of places do people really like to go?

I know Vinny T's does Reservations because we always have dinner there after formal recruitment.

Here a few different places. I have access to a Worcester Phone book so I can look up any type of cuisine you are all interested in.

We have tried Red Robin a few times

I have eaten at these places:

Chuck' Steak House and Margaritagrill (Auburn, MA) Both take reservations up to 6 people.
www.chucks.com

The Old Post Office Pub (Grafton, MA) They take reservations. Sorry they don't have a website. They have all different types of sandwiches, chicken/beef/fish meal.

I haven't tried these places but they have websites you can check out their menus and they both take reservations.

Dino's Ristorante (Worcester, MA)
www.dineatdinos.com

Vinny T's Website (Shrewsbury, MA)
www.vinnytsofboston.com

Sadly if you all plan on doing this last November/early December I won't be able to make it. We will be in WDW.

If you need phone numbers, etc. let me know I can look them up.

Some good ideas. Try to find something close to major routes....for instance the Post Office Pub is not far from Tufts Vet School, close to rt 122, and the Mass Pike, as well as rt 20. Chuck's is right on rt 20, closet to the Mass Pike as well as whatever that route is that goes towards Ct. There is also a 99 clost to Chuck's.

goofy4tink said:
Some good ideas. Try to find something close to major routes....for instance the Post Office Pub is not far from Tufts Vet School, close to rt 122, and the Mass Pike, as well as rt 20. Chuck's is right on rt 20, closet to the Mass Pike as well as whatever that route is that goes towards Ct. There is also a 99 clost to Chuck's.
Any of those places sound good to me!!!

Hey Diane, does Harry's still exist on Rt. 9?? Used to go there years ago - great food at great prices. :thumbsup2

travelin' tigger said:
Any of those places sound good to me!!!

Hey Diane, does Harry's still exist on Rt. 9?? Used to go there years ago - great food at great prices. :thumbsup2

It does indeed!!! You know...I haven't been in there since high school.

I'm in! I'll be in WDW 12/1 - 12/8, then not again until March, so anytime is good :thumbsup2

You drivin' :tigger: ?

stina said:
Ok, sounds cool to me. Do any of you Central Mass. residents have suggestions. I live in Western Mass. but I'm not that familiar with Central Mass. locations.

Thanks!

Checking in here......Always up for a DIS Meet :thumbsup2

There have been some pretty good places brought up....love Chuck's and Vinny-"please pass the garlic"-T's. I go to the RFC a lot (for kid's night), but have never been to the Cheesecake Factory and would love to try it. I hear great things about the food there.

If you make it for any day except Nov 4th (our neighborhood Thanksgiving Progressive) you can count me/us (are kids invited???) in.

magiroux said:
Checking in here......Always up for a DIS Meet :thumbsup2

There have been some pretty good places brought up....love Chuck's and Vinny-"please pass the garlic"-T's. I go to the RFC a lot (for kid's night), but have never been to the Cheesecake Factory and would love to try it. I hear great things about the food there.

If you make it for any day except Nov 4th (our neighborhood Thanksgiving Progressive) you can count me/us (are kids invited???) in.

Hey buddy!!! How the heck are ya??? Here's hoping a good date gets picked and we can both make this one.....

goofy4tink said:
Hey buddy!!! How the heck are ya??? Here's hoping a good date gets picked and we can both make this one.....

:wave2:

I just found this thread and would love to attend a DIS meet as long as you'll take a Rhode Islander!! :)

I don't mind driving at all. Unlike the typical rep of a RI'der I don't mind driving outside the confines of my state. I have been to the Rainforest in Burlington, MA and CT and both, obviously remind me of WDW. I don't care where it is, I'll try to be there as long as it's within driving distance.

Cthia...what great ideas. Thanks for doing the legwork even though you can't make it!

MargaritaGrill sounds great. I also LOVE Red Robin. That is a fun place. Last time I was there my server was wearing Disney pins! A little touch-o-the-magic. :thumbsup2 But really any restaurant with a variety of food would be best. I wonder if any of the places mentioned have private or set off rooms. That would be helpful for us I would think.

Maybe we should set down a date first then agree on a restaurant. As I recall late November seems to be the popular time for a meet. What do you guys think of Sunday Nov. 19 lunchtime or maybe a little after lunch rush, like around 2pm?

Just checking in.....Nov 19th - 2pm is perfect for us.

cool. i'm glad to hear nov. 19 works for so many of you. and yes LisaB anyone who feels like driving to our selected location is welcome!!!

Cthia...WDW in december...lucky!!! actually i will be there briefly, dec. 1-4.
i was just there in sept. but we have friends that live in orlando so we figured a short weekend jaunt would be our christmas gift to ourselves!
the gift that keeps on giving. :rotfl:

stina said:
Cthia...WDW in december...lucky!!! actually i will be there briefly, dec. 1-4.
i was just there in sept. but we have friends that live in orlando so we figured a short weekend jaunt would be our christmas gift to ourselves!
the gift that keeps on giving. :rotfl:

We are there 11/23-12/02. I am trying to convince my DH that this would be our christmas gift but he isn't buying it. :smooth: :confused3 :teeth:

Nov 19 sounds like a great day. What a way to spend my weekend before my trip to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter