Another Travelin' Song: Two Weeks in Orlando! A Summer '09 Trip Report: Updated 1/25

troobabiee7

The core of man's spirit comes from new experience
Welcome!

Hi everyone! I'm Melissa, a 22-year old born and raised New Yorker who loves all things Orlando. My family and I will be spending two weeks in central Florida this coming August, with a full week at the Universal parks. I previously had a huge, 75-page long pre-trip report for this trip over on the Disney trip reports board, but once plans were changed I decided to start over on this thread. Hopefully some of my friends from the old thread will come join me over here, and some new Universal fans will also read along! I'm going to use this first post as a sort of table of contents for the pre-trip and eventual trip-report, and will start in the next post. I've decided to keep this report about the trip. In my last report I had lots of non-trip related pictures and stories, but those are going to stay on my blog. If you're interested, you can find it HERE. Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy!

Pre-Trip
Who's Along For the Ride - Page 1
The Rest of the 5 W's - Page 1
The Wild Ride to Where We Are Today - Page 2
The Plans - Page 2
Our Home Away From Home - Page 2
4-Weeks to Go! - Page 3
Getting Things Together - Page 5
This Time Next Week: Part 1 - Page 5
This Time Next Week: Part 2 - Page 6
This Time Next Week: Part 3 - Page 6
This Time Next Week: Part 4 - Page 7
This Time Next Week: Part 5 - Page 7
This Time Next Week: Part 6 - Page 8
On Our Way - Page 8

The Trip Report
The Return - Page 9

Day 1, Part 1: A Good Day to Run - Page 10
Day 1, Part 2: Holiday Roooaaaaddd - Page 10
Day 1, Part 3: The Downfalls of Volcano Crust Pizza - Page 11

Day 2, Part 1: An Interesting Breakfast - Page 11
Day 2, Part 2: We're Movin' In! - Page 12

Day 3, Part 1: Let's Get Some Smoothies! - Page 13
Day 3, Part 2: In the Jungle, the Mighty Jungle - Page 13

Day 4, Part 1: Turn of the Century Charm - Page 14
Day 4, Part 2: The Joys of Dessert Shots - Page 14

Day 5: Boardwalk Strollin' - Page 15

Day 6: Aruba, Jamaica, Ooh I Wanna Take Ya... - Page 15

Day 7, Part 1: They're Here! Alison's First Plane Ride - Page 16
Day 7, Part 2: A Mexican Feast - Page 16
Day 7, Part 3: A Skiball Extravanagza! - Page 17

Day 8: A Day I Didn't Quite Have Planned... - Page 17

Day 9, Part 1: Finally at Universal! - Page 18
Day 9, Part 2: Phoning Home - Page 18
Day 9, Part 3: "Here Come in Men in Black!" - Page 19

Day 10, Part 1: Jurassic Encounters - Page 19
Day 10, Part 2: Dinner With Poseidon - Page 20

hey girl I'm here and first! (technically since this is a restart TR lol) I really just love Oreo the most out of that whole intro (no offense haha)! she reeeeeaally reminds me of my little shihtzu! that picture on the right is HILARIOUS!! :rotfl:

hey girl I'm here and first! (technically since this is a restart TR lol) I really just love Oreo the most out of that whole intro (no offense haha)! she reeeeeaally reminds me of my little shihtzu! that picture on the right is HILARIOUS!! :rotfl:

Thanks for stopping by Kristen! :lmao: Too funny about Oreo, our dogs do look alike! I love it :laughing: We have to try to get together this summer. I'm free almost all of July until that last week so you'll have to PM me to let me know what's good for you!

Thanks for stopping by Kristen! :lmao: Too funny about Oreo, our dogs do look alike! I love it :laughing: We have to try to get together this summer. I'm free almost all of July until that last week so you'll have to PM me to let me know what's good for you!

Our dogs definitely look alike except mines fattttt LOL We should definitely meet up soon. I got an email for the buy one get one for $7.77 for Guys and Dolls thats good until September. Maybe we could meet up and do that? Let me know!! I'm free Sundays, Mondays and Wednesdays :)

I am SO glad that you came on over to post - I have enjoyed your past reports. I don't think I finished the last one. I need to hit your blog so I can get all caught up before your new adventure begins!!

I am definately ALONG FOR THE RIDE!!! :thumbsup2

-Tracie

Our dogs definitely look alike except mines fattttt LOL We should definitely meet up soon. I got an email for the buy one get one for $7.77 for Guys and Dolls thats good until September. Maybe we could meet up and do that? Let me know!! I'm free Sundays, Mondays and Wednesdays :)

That sounds great! We'll definitely plan something out. I'll PM you!

I am SO glad that you came on over to post - I have enjoyed your past reports. I don't think I finished the last one. I need to hit your blog so I can get all caught up before your new adventure begins!!

I am definately ALONG FOR THE RIDE!!! :thumbsup2

-Tracie

Hi Tracie! Thanks so much for stopping by :goodvibes I hope you enjoy the new report!

Yay i found your pre trippie again, i got all confussed and thought you'd deleted it and left us when i couldn't find it on the Disney section but yay your still here :thumbsup2

haha im with Kristen Oreo's my favourite of everyone in the intro too :laughing: she's so cute.

I signed up tot he blogging site today so i could 'follow' your blog, i've got a bad emmory and always forget about it but i enjoy reading along cause i love hearing about life in NYC :)

Yay i found your pre trippie again, i got all confussed and thought you'd deleted it and left us when i couldn't find it on the Disney section but yay your still here :thumbsup2

haha im with Kristen Oreo's my favourite of everyone in the intro too :laughing: she's so cute.

I signed up tot he blogging site today so i could 'follow' your blog, i've got a bad emmory and always forget about it but i enjoy reading along cause i love hearing about life in NYC :)

Hey Sarah! I have to tell everyone about moving my report, everyone probably thinks I disappeared :laughing: Thanks so much for stopping by! And definitely come join in on my blog, I have lots of fun NY stuff! :thumbsup2

I am here!! I just graduated in May with a major in Psychology and with my Kindergarten-6th grade teaching licensure...very similar to you! In my opinion, its the best of both worlds (psych and education).

Can't wait to live vicariously through you!

I'm here!

Thanks for stopping by!!! How are you?!

I am here!! I just graduated in May with a major in Psychology and with my Kindergarten-6th grade teaching licensure...very similar to you! In my opinion, its the best of both worlds (psych and education).

Can't wait to live vicariously through you!

Thanks! :goodvibes Congrats on your graduation, that's so exciting! :woohoo: It really is the best of both worlds... plus the psychology definitely helps with dealing with kids and parents all day once you start teaching. I love it! Thanks again for making your way over here :goodvibes

I'm here!
I've read one other TR from a trip to Universal and I loved it! I've never been there, but we do plan to go once Henry is older and can enjoy it more with us - so I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!

I'm here!
I've read one other TR from a trip to Universal and I loved it! I've never been there, but we do plan to go once Henry is older and can enjoy it more with us - so I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!

Hey Brook! Thanks for stopping by :goodvibes I'll have a little of both Universal and Disney on here so hopefully it'll be entertaining. Thanks again!

i'm here, melissa! i finally made my way over. i'm sort of a pre-TR lurker but i will be here reading along. you know what a disney girl i am so it'll be interesting to see the universal side of things. the last time i was there was 1992 so i'm sure it's changed a lot.

Hey chick, I can't believe how much your plans have changed :rotfl: But that means that after all this tweaking and changing, everything will turn out perfect! I'm excited to hear what your new itinerary is :thumbsup2

Hey chick, I can't believe how much your plans have changed :rotfl: But that means that after all this tweaking and changing, everything will turn out perfect! I'm excited to hear what your new itinerary is :thumbsup2

Hey! I know, it's ridiculous how much everything's changed :laughing: I'm happy with the new plans though, it's a good mix of everything. Thanks for reading along!

Come on lurkers, I know you guys are reading (and thanks for that!)... come say hi! It makes the report that much more fun :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter