Another Travelin' Song: Two Weeks in Orlando! A Summer '09 Trip Report: Updated 1/25

Hey! Melissa,
How are you I can't believe i've been away from your thread for awhile! Your trip is sooo close now! :woohoo:

Hey! Melissa,
How are you I can't believe i've been away from your thread for awhile! Your trip is sooo close now! :woohoo:

Hi! I know, I can't believe it's so close! We're a month away now... these past two years have FLOWN by. Thanks for stopping by! :goodvibes

4-Weeks to Go!

Happy 4th of July everyone! This has always been one of my favorite holidays, it's so festive and happy. Whatever you're doing today, I hope you all have a fabulous time (even to those of you overseas, have a great weekend!)

I can't believe we leave in 4 weeks. After counting down for 2 years, the trip's right around the corner. It really doesn't even feel like it! Everything's underway though, and we're almost set to go. My mom did a bunch of shopping last weekend for toiletries and accessories and we're planning on going again tomorrow for a few last things. I also bought some more sunglasses and a blow-up beach ball for some Vacation Home Volleyball ;) I love trip shopping!

Last night I started my movie countdown too, with my mom and I watching Jurassic Park. There was a time when my brother and I would watch it every single day when we were younger... every. single. day. That movie was magical and I'd forgotten how much I love it!

We only came across one problem so far, and it was relatively small. Our condo has 3-bedrooms, and all along we'd planned on my brother starting in the middle room with the queen bed and then moving into my room with the two twins when my aunt and cousin arrived. Well, apparently he knew nothing about that and didn't want to share a room because he likes to watch Sports Center all night. He was being a pain just for the sake of it. We got into a big argument but now it's settled... I'm getting the bigger room with the bigger bed and sharing with my cousin Ali. We'll have fun jumping on the bed to the Disney Channel all night anyway :laughing: Then my brother's getting the smaller room with the two twins and my aunt's taking the couch. I kept saying she should get a bed but she keeps insisting that she likes sleeping on the couch and she doesn't care. We're bringing an inflatable mattress anyway, for just in case.

The plans have changed since I posted them, so if you're interested you can check them out in the original post, I just changed everything around. I'm so excited!

Look back soon for a list of our must-do's and some more general updates. Have a great day!

Happy 4th to you also! Well that's good that you got the lil bump in the road smoothed out! :thumbsup2

Wow, only 4 weeks! You're so close!

Hope you had a good 4th of July!

Hey Melissa, hope you had a great 4th!

Aren't brothers a pain like that? Mine would do exactly the same thing, be annoying just to be annoying. Glad you got it all straightened out! Only 4 weeks to go :yay:

Thanks for all the info on the rewards sites! I have been a member of MyPoints for YEARS and have tons of points. I'm just waiting for a good time to turn them in. :thumbsup2 I joined SR but just don't have time for the surveys unfortunatly-and when I do have time, I don't qualify for one reason or another it seems. I think I have a whopping $3 in there! :lmao: We get Disney Reward Dollars from our Visa, that will be our biggest help for our trips.

wow only 4 weeks to go, it is coming around so quick. Hope you had a great 4th July, was there firework displays & parades in NY? i'd love to be in America one year for july 4th :)

Kings of Leon???

yup, i'll read any trippie for any poster that likes that group....:teeth:

Happy 4th to you also! Well that's good that you got the lil bump in the road smoothed out! :thumbsup2

Thank you!! did you have a good 4th??

Wow, only 4 weeks! You're so close!

Hope you had a good 4th of July!

Thanks!! Did you do anything special??

Hey Melissa, hope you had a great 4th!

Aren't brothers a pain like that? Mine would do exactly the same thing, be annoying just to be annoying. Glad you got it all straightened out! Only 4 weeks to go :yay:

You know it... anything to be a pain and get a rise out of their loving, caring sisters, right?! ;) :lmao: At least I got the bigger room out of the deal!

Thanks for all the info on the rewards sites! I have been a member of MyPoints for YEARS and have tons of points. I'm just waiting for a good time to turn them in. :thumbsup2 I joined SR but just don't have time for the surveys unfortunatly-and when I do have time, I don't qualify for one reason or another it seems. I think I have a whopping $3 in there! :lmao: We get Disney Reward Dollars from our Visa, that will be our biggest help for our trips.

I've heard there are some great deals through the Disney Visa, that must help a lot! I can't believe how many trips you have in the works... I'm jealous!!

wow only 4 weeks to go, it is coming around so quick. Hope you had a great 4th July, was there firework displays & parades in NY? i'd love to be in America one year for july 4th :)

4th of July was fun! It was pretty relaxing. The main fireworks show was over the East River but we watched the neighborhood fireworks. They're illegal but people don't seem to care, although the cops were out in full force. People were shooting them off from the block behind ours so we sat out in our backyard and the fireworks were RIGHT over us... it was crazy! You have to come to NY for a 4th of July!!!

Hey girl I'm here!

Hey Tink!! Thanks for stopping by!! :goodvibes

Kings of Leon???

yup, i'll read any trippie for any poster that likes that group....:teeth:

:laughing: LOOOOOOOOOOOVE Kings of Leon. Love. What's your fav song?? I'm currently addicted to Revelry, but Fans will always be my fav.

4th of July was fun! It was pretty relaxing. The main fireworks show was over the East River but we watched the neighborhood fireworks. They're illegal but people don't seem to care, although the cops were out in full force. People were shooting them off from the block behind ours so we sat out in our backyard and the fireworks were RIGHT over us... it was crazy! You have to come to NY for a 4th of July!!!

Sounds great fun, i love watching fireworks.
I was thinking of booking NY for the first weekend in June next year as it will be mine & Darrens 4th anniversary but now im wondering wether to change it till the beginning of July as its Darren birthday on the 1st and i could arrange it so we are there for July 4th. Which is better time to visit NY for weather, crowds (though i expect its like London and always crazy busy), would hotel prices rocket over july 4th?

Sounds great fun, i love watching fireworks.
I was thinking of booking NY for the first weekend in June next year as it will be mine & Darrens 4th anniversary but now im wondering wether to change it till the beginning of July as its Darren birthday on the 1st and i could arrange it so we are there for July 4th. Which is better time to visit NY for weather, crowds (though i expect its like London and always crazy busy), would hotel prices rocket over july 4th?

The beginning of June is definitely better. The touristy areas (especially Times Square) are always packed, but even more so during the summer, and mainly the 4th of July. A lot of locals leave the city for that week but tons of people visit. This summer's been weirdly cool so far but normally the weather's a lot better in June, it's less crowded, less expensive and there's more to do. Prices skyrocket during the 4th of July! Plus the fireworks are almost too crowded to actually get to. The whole West Side Highway (one of the two main highways that run alongside the perimeter of the city) was entirely shut down on the 4th and I wouldn't want to be anywhere near there that day! Lots of Broadway shows have weird schedules and higher prices those few days too.

I know I said you have to come to NY for a 4th of July celebration but really, come in June!

The beginning of June is definitely better. The touristy areas (especially Times Square) are always packed, but even more so during the summer, and mainly the 4th of July. A lot of locals leave the city for that week but tons of people visit. This summer's been weirdly cool so far but normally the weather's a lot better in June, it's less crowded, less expensive and there's more to do. Prices skyrocket during the 4th of July! Plus the fireworks are almost too crowded to actually get to. The whole West Side Highway (one of the two main highways that run alongside the perimeter of the city) was entirely shut down on the 4th and I wouldn't want to be anywhere near there that day! Lots of Broadway shows have weird schedules and higher prices those few days too.

I know I said you have to come to NY for a 4th of July celebration but really, come in June!

Thanks for the advice :thumbsup2 i had a feeling you were going to say that about it being busy and expensive. Beginning of june it is :)

Thanks for the advice :thumbsup2 i had a feeling you were going to say that about it being busy and expensive. Beginning of june it is :)

Keep me updated on your plans!!

omg no WONDER i haven't been able to find your PTR!!!!!!!!!! oh well, i'm here now!!!

:laughing: Sorry! I wanted to tell everyone I started a new one but my old report was deleted so I couldn't find everyone. I'm glad you found me! How've you been?!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter