Another waiting for Southwest thread!

pamjb said:
You do have to cancel and rebook. What I do is bring up 2 Southwest windows. On the 1st window I have my Ding! fare booked all the way to the page where you enter payment. On the second window I go to "Cancel Air Reservation" in the Southwest Travel Center. I cancel that and then use the confirmation number/letters for "ticketless travel funds" on my Ding! fare.

It really makes more sense when you do it. And I have done it a lot. I am hoping to do it again with my August $101 each way tickets. :cool1:
But I will probably have to wait until late June or August for that.

The ticketless travel funds (the credit) can be used by anyone, not just the person who purchased the initial ticket.

Pam in PA

WOW this is great. so if the ding fares do indeed come out, i can use them for this trip and use the remaining amount of money towards perhaps my april trip next yr???? How long do you have to use them?

Thanks for responding...So I am guessing that it is an instantanous process - as soon as the confirmation numbers & letters are listed, you immediately place them into the ticketless travel funds for the Ding fare? You don't have to wait a few minutes or anything?

I am looking for fares for Oct 22nd and returning on Nov 4th so it sounds like I would be needing to look at the end of May??? Do you think I am in correct in saying that????
With my travel dates do you think I will have to book the one way on the way down then wait for the return to come out and book that as a one way return home as well???
Thanks so much for all of your help!!!!!

With SW if the flights you booked come up on a ding you can change to the ding fare as noted above. If you book the SAME EXACT FLIGHTS(s), you can call customer service after you make the change your booking for a refund. This is not the reservations number, you have to call the customer service line. If you book a different flight(s) from your original reservation, you receive a credit. I called them and asked a month or so ago.

The ticketless travel funds (the credit) can be used by anyone, not just the person who purchased the initial ticket.

This is good to know. I ordered 10 tickets and 7 of those people will probably not be flying within the next year.

WOW this is great. so if the ding fares do indeed come out, i can use them for this trip and use the remaining amount of money towards perhaps my april trip next yr???? How long do you have to use them?

Looks like you have 1 year to use the credit from the day you booked. In my confirmation e-mail it said "All travel involving funds from this Confirm no. must be completed by 04/19/07".

I will be going again in December so a Ding for my August dates would be good(credit would be nice) but I'm not counting on it. I havent seen too many great Dings to Orlando from Providence in a while.

iluvepcot said:
I said this before, If we all book at the higher rate, why would SW offer a ding?

I agree, but this puts you into a catch 22. As your trip gets closer, the fares on the other airlines keep going up. So, best to lock in something, rather than nothing.

shelleyz said:
This is good to know. I ordered 10 tickets and 7 of those people will probably not be flying within the next year.

Looks like you have 1 year to use the credit from the day you booked. In my confirmation e-mail it said "All travel involving funds from this Confirm no. must be completed by 04/19/07".

I will be going again in December so a Ding for my August dates would be good(credit would be nice) but I'm not counting on it. I havent seen too many great Dings to Orlando from Providence in a while.

This is the game that SW plays. They get you worried so you book at a higher price and wait for a Ding. They Ding a lower price, you take the savings as a credit. Now, they have you locked in to SW for your next flight because of the credit you have.

DH was tired of waiting for SW....we booked USAir from PHL to MCO for $249.00/pp x 3 = $747. I figured we would be sick, once the SW flights came out. To my surprise, the flights we'd want, would be $709 (3 tkts). Not a huge savings and we have assigned seats. I'm not terribly upset.

maxaroni said:
DH was tired of waiting for SW....we booked USAir from PHL to MCO for $249.00/pp x 3 = $747. I figured we would be sick, once the SW flights came out. To my surprise, the flights we'd want, would be $709 (3 tkts). Not a huge savings and we have assigned seats. I'm not terribly upset.

I really like SW, but I hate these head games they play. And they are getting worse, with holding back dates longer and longer. Now their fares are not really any better considering the sweating everyone is doing waiting for their dates. Maybe they are hurting financially and their solvency/profitability is totally dependent on fuel pricing, so they hold out for as long as they can which drives us (customers) crazy.

I specifically haven't booked SWA for my last 3 flights for the "head game reason". I think they are best for last minute trips. I already have flights for Thanksgiving 2006 booked on US Air for $703/4 people PHL to MCO. I figure that's as good as it's going to get for that time period.

Now I need 3 flights in August (for the free dining). I want a lower rate than $178 for PHL or BWI to MCO. It's hurricane season, so I will patiently wait for the fares to drop. Flights are so high now that my Thanksgiving fare looks great. But for the past 2 August's I have flown for a little over $100 RT per person. I'll take $160 pp or less.

Max is my favorite cat! :love:

I hear ya, MEK. My BWI-MCO fares are usually $120-140pp; best I can do so far is $180pp on Air Tran. Everthing else is more expensive and involves stopovers. :rolleyes2

I need late Sept/early Oct and also T-day through December 3. Here I sit... :surfweb:

Jackie

Corryn said:
Thanks for responding...So I am guessing that it is an instantanous process - as soon as the confirmation numbers & letters are listed, you immediately place them into the ticketless travel funds for the Ding fare? You don't have to wait a few minutes or anything?

It is instantaneous. You actually use the confirmation number from your flight.

I'm glad I booked when I did. I checked today and the internet and the promotional fare columns are unavailable for the flights I booked and the remaining times aren't good so at least I have that. ;)

emmabelle said:
I'm glad I booked when I did. I checked today and the internet and the promotional fare columns are unavailable for the flights I booked and the remaining times aren't good so at least I have that. ;)
Same here, emmabelle! We are so glad we booked when we did, too.(Wednesday just when the new SWA dates opened) It's all booked and paid for-all nine RT tickets to sunny Orlando! Disney, here we come! :cool1:

I'm hoping that the next release won't have even higher rates given gas prices lately. I'm also hoping it won't be too long before the schedule is extended.

DJNOWICK said:
I hear ya, MEK. My BWI-MCO fares are usually $120-140pp; best I can do so far is $180pp on Air Tran. Everthing else is more expensive and involves stopovers. :rolleyes2

I need late Sept/early Oct and also T-day through December 3. Here I sit... :surfweb:

Jackie

I bought $79 (one way, n/s) from BWI to MCO as soon as the Sept. dates were released. I couldn't book the return trip because that date wasn't released yet. With the price of fuel, I'm hoping that the return trip tickets won't be too high. I hope SW Air extends the schedule soon. The fuel prices will continue to increase.

I'm out. Can't stand these SW games anymore. I got my Sept/Oct tickets thru Airtran. There site had $79 each way, but Iwent thru Disney and got $69 each. I ended up with the exact times I as looking for, and I won't be stuck with SW credit in the end.

disneydaveb said:
There site had $79 each way, but Iwent thru Disney and got $69 each. I ended up with the exact times I as looking for, and I won't be stuck with SW credit in the end.

Hi Dave, what do you mean by Went Through Disney????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter