Another waiting for Southwest thread!

When southwest opened up til 9/12 it was on a thursday. I know, I was sitting here waiting then too. I am waiting for 9/30-10/15 I am hoping that it will open up for the whole month of Oct. the wait is just too painful. And I hope the price isn't going to knock me for a loop either. :wizard:

BriKate,
Here's the original poster below with the info. Yes, you just download it, use the demo version and go to Southwest's Reservations page, highlight and copy the URL (the www. address) and add it to the URLyWarning program. Whenever the Reservations Page gets any sort of changing done to it, an alarm will go off, so keep your speakers on! On the 19th when the schedule opened, it was ringing and ringing! What a great sound to hear when you're waiting for SW to open up! Especially when your not expecting it and precious time goes by, which means cheaper seats get sold. This is much easier than constantly checking the website in anticipation. I'm glad JonesMatNY suggested it!

jonesmatNY said:
OK, here is a way to avoid having to get up at all hours and check the web site, http://www.urlywarning.net.

This shareware utility takes a snapshot of the web page, Southwest Reservations page of course, (You pick the page to monitor) and then set your computer to check the site every minute. If the program detects any changes to the page, the alarm goes off. It works well and for the most part, Southwest rarely changes their web page. On the first of the month, the alarm activates, as the text for the month that just passed is deleted. Works best for those with always online internet access.

Disneydreaming6 said:
When southwest opened up til 9/12 it was on a thursday. I know, I was sitting here waiting then too. I am waiting for 9/30-10/15 I am hoping that it will open up for the whole month of Oct. the wait is just too painful. And I hope the price isn't going to knock me for a loop either. :wizard:

actually, 4/19 was a Wednesday...threw me for a loop as I was not expecting anything until Thursday that week.

and, the 4/19 release was earlier than the usual 11am... guess they just want to keep us chained to our computers... sigh...

cepmom said:
actually, 4/19 was a Wednesday...threw me for a loop as I was not expecting anything until Thursday that week.

:confused3 Thats what I get for posting after getting home from work. Ahhh, Yup Yup the 19th was the wed. and yes we were all waiting for 11:00 but they released around 10

I am hoping we will get some better fares. My son is waiting for 9/16-22 and I am waiting for 11/25-12/1. I know we probably will not see fares under $200 from the northeast anymore. I have been playing around on the SW site and the lowest fares this summer are $122/one way. You know how usually all the lowest SW fares quickly become unavailable-this doesn't seem to be the case. Any date I have looked at shows availability at all fares. Just an observation. Are people waiting to book, not buying at those fares or????

Corryn said:
... the URLyWarning program. This is much easier than constantly checking the website in anticipation. I'm glad JonesMatNY suggested it!

Corryn ... thank you! Thank you! Thank You!!!:thumbsup2 It's all loaded and I'm ready & waiting for it to ring :cool1:

kath

Daisysmom said:
Do you keep the URLwarning program open, but minimized? thanks
If you keep your computer always on, it will stay in your windows task bar. I have mine in the lower right hand corner and I also run two Norton programs, and I have the Southwest Ding! tailfin down there, too and then the regular windows stuff.
If you turn your computer off every night, then when you turn it back on, you will see a box asking you what to do. you just press the Run The Demo version button and it will automatically minimize and check the Southwest site every MINUTE!!!!

Brikate- Whoo Hooo!!! :woohoo: You're gonna love hearing that alarm go off, remember to keep the volume up!

I can't download this at work so please keep us who don't have it posted!!!!! :)

I have read most of the thread but wanted to find out what day of the week does Southwest usually update their site to add more days? I am waiting, patiently, for March!!!

jjarman,

March fares probably won't be available on the SW website until at the very earliest, mid to late December. For example, right now they've got until 9/12 released. Historically, they usually release more dates by mid month, but, they've been running a few weeks later than usual this year. The current schedule was updated around mid April or a little later, but, they only released from 8/4 thru 9/12 which is roughly a six week time frame, so, I'm looking for the next release to include up to probably around 10/26 or maybe the end of Oct. If they continue this pattern early to mid March won't be available until after New Years sometime.

I'm guessing next week for the next release. Anyone else want to venture a guess???

i'd love to guess TOMORROW but that's probably not very realistic... let's say next tuesday... :flower:

I'm going to put my money onnnnnnnn, tuesday, no, thursday, yea thursday. Noooo wednesday. Ok give me Wednesday. I think they will be released on Wednsday.

But soon, pleaseeeee SW please let it be soon so I can go on with my life. :teleport:

My guess is that the middle of next week will be the soonest the dates will be released. I think that the 3rd or 4th week of May might be more realistic, as SW seems to be waiting as long as they can w/o extending their schedule.

I hope we get good fares. I booked three $79 one way fares to MCO, and I hope to get the same (or cheaper :) ) for the return flight.

I'm going to start to sit by the computer more often next week in anticipation of the updates.

When were you able to get the $79 one way for and from where? We have long been able to get that from Manchester but it doesn't appear to be the case at least not for now with the lowest being $122 one way!

I've checked the fares also, and from July through August, the availability is wide-open. The fish are not biting--and neither am I :smooth:

Paticake said:
When were you able to get the $79 one way for and from where? We have long been able to get that from Manchester but it doesn't appear to be the case at least not for now with the lowest being $122 one way!

It was the Internet Special fare when the last schedule was updated. It's from BWI to MCO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter