Another waiting for Southwest thread!

I went through WDW central reservations and had it added to my package. Some people reported they were offered special Airtran fares upon booking. However, I booked thru an agent (which I will never do again) and they did not mention this to me. I asked them several times to check and they said noting was available. So, I called myself to ask about the special fare and was given the rate of about $69 dollars each way.

Dave- I will also be going out of Philly. May I ask where did you call to get this great rate? Thanks!

kimatigger said:
Dave- I will also be going out of Philly. May I ask where did you call to get this great rate? Thanks!

407-W-DISNEY
I believe you have a package to get the airfare.
We are fying mid-week. I think fares are lower then.

Just bumping back to the first page for those of us waiting for the schedule to open past 9/12...

Anyone have any ideas on when we should start paying close attention again?
:surfweb:

5DisneyNuts said:
Just bumping back to the first page for those of us waiting for the schedule to open past 9/12...

Anyone have any ideas on when we should start paying close attention again?

I have no idea.

I was taken aback on the last release dates. They extended from August 4 to Sept. 12, which is not very many days at all. I ended up booking my flight to MCO but I have to wait for the next batch of dates to book my return flight.

SW Air must be waiting to see just how much the price of fuel will increase in the next month of so before releasing their next dates. :confused3 Although, the fact that it's almost May and they are scheduled through only mid-Sept. makes me think that they will have to update soon.

I'm telling 'ya, the last time we went down to Orlando in October, I booked my airfare on SW in mid-May, maybe late May as soon as the schedule opened up. I remember because I was wearing shorts, it was warm and I had the windows open (call me crazy, but that's how I remember things). So Just Relax, check every day, but honestly I wouldn't expect anything until mid or late May. :cloud9:

Pixiedust34 said:
I was taken aback on the last release dates. They extended from August 4 to Sept. 12, which is not very many days at all. I ended up booking my flight to MCO but I have to wait for the next batch of dates to book my return flight.

Me too! I thought for sure Sept/Oct would be included. Oh well.
Thanks Corryn, I will be standing by checking and hoping for May!
:surfweb: :badpc: :drinking1

Good Luck! :wizard:

I booked on May 12th for my family to join me on 10/2 last year. I just called and used the credits from that trip and they told me it was booked on the 12th - pretty sure that was the date (or within a few days - I'm usually waiting day by day for the fares to come out!) that the fares for early Oct became available. :smooth:

Adding myself to the list of October SW waiters!! My husband and I are going for our 10th anniversary!! :love:

Well, next week is the beginning of May. Time flies when you're having fun.

Pretty soon we'll all be like this:

every day around 11:00. I think that mid-May will be the latest they will release the rest of Sept. and hopefully October flights. At least, I hope those dates will be released by then.

WOW! I was away from this thread for awhile and you are all still waiting?! Does not bode well for us Nov/Dec flyers!!

It's 1:00 A.M. Here I am perusing the DISBoards when I hear the URLyWarning alarm!!!!! :scared1: That means that Southwest has changed its Reservations Page!!! Hurridly, I click over to that site and what do I see? At exactly 12:00 CST, (1:00 NY time) April was removed and now May is on top......Leaving room at the bottom for OCTOBER!!! WhooooHoooo! I predict two weeks for fares to be released :wizard:

Corryn said:
URLyWarning alarm!!!!! ... At exactly 12:00 CST, (1:00 NY time) April was removed and now May is on top......Leaving room at the bottom for OCTOBER!!! WhooooHoooo! I predict two weeks for fares to be released :wizard:

I'm here too so thanks for the tip (I just HAD to go and see it for myself!) While I am also waiting for October, just last week I was able to snag ALB-MCO for $59 each way! (unscheduled Flower & Garden trip, here we come! - and the really great thing is, I was able to use credit I got for re-booking last Dec. trip down to $49 each way!!!) Did I mention that I LOVE Southwest???

I've gotta ask ... what is the URLyWarning alarm? Is it something you download? If so, do you have a link?

Thanks ...:thumbsup2

I have my hotel, ADR's, MNSSHP tickets, and possible radiation burns from staring at my computer screen, but no flight..
Please SWA, Release those dates!

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I don't seem to get much done anymore. I am spending all my time looking at this monitor in hopes SW decides to grant me a little sanity by opening Oct. :surfweb: So here I sit neglecting house, children, work. So I can find out how much overtime I will need to put in to pay for my airfare to disney. :sad2:

I'm waiting on 10/14 thru 10/20.........I'm thinking the next dates released will cover until end of Oct and will probably be released either 5/12 or 5/19. I think maybe the 12th because the current sale ends on 5/11 I believe. SW traditionally has released new dates on Tues or Thurs, but, the last few releases I don't believe were on Tues or Thurs.

Southwest must be like Spirit out of Atlantic City NJ, they still have not posted flights for Dec. I got tired of waiting, and went thru US Air for Dec.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter