Any Apple Watch suggestions while at WDW?

I have had my apple watch for the past four trips to WDW. I was kind of hoping that the Disney app would have watch function, but it doesn't. I would like to see a watch complication that has the next thing on your trip. For example, if you have a fastpass or ADR then it will show the time and where it is. However, the app does not have that kind of functionality. Hopefully they add that sort of thing. For now I just use the watch for the Mickey watch face for a little more Disney magic.
For our trip two weeks ago (third since having my Apple Watch 2), I started adding each Fast Pass and Dining reservation in the Reminders app on my phone. I use a face that includes reminders as a "complication, I can just touch that and see the next ones.

For our trip two weeks ago (third since having my Apple Watch 2), I started adding each Fast Pass and Dining reservation in the Reminders app on my phone. I use a face that includes reminders as a "complication, I can just touch that and see the next ones.
Here's another weather notifications

I have had my apple watch for the past four trips to WDW. I was kind of hoping that the Disney app would have watch function, but it doesn't. I would like to see a watch complication that has the next thing on your trip. For example, if you have a fastpass or ADR then it will show the time and where it is. However, the app does not have that kind of functionality. Hopefully they add that sort of thing. For now I just use the watch for the Mickey watch face for a little more Disney magic.

How did you battery do on those trips? I'm considering the new Series 4 but it's a big investment since I'm on Android and need to switch everything over.

Anyone else have a take on battery life in the park? Using a Galaxy watch now which lasts 3 days easily but considering a return and purchase of an iphone and Series 3 or 4 watch

I have a 2 and the battery lasts all day in the parks. I do put it on the charger every night. But that is no different than at home. If you charge it nightly, you should have no problem making it through a full day.

My daughter gave me one of the new ones about 6 weeks ago (early birthday/ hanukkah present). I had not worn a watch in years and I love it. Got my screen set to Toy Story so I see something different every time I look at the watch. As for battery I walk 7-14 miles a day and finish the day at about 80%. And with my emails showing up on the watch I actually tend to read them now.

Anyone else have a take on battery life in the park? Using a Galaxy watch now which lasts 3 days easily but considering a return and purchase of an iphone and Series 3 or 4 watch
I have a series 3 and have no issue getting through a full day of the parks with it.

I have a Series 1 and have mine set to only light up if I touch the dial. I'm a runner and the arm movements were draining my battery. Now that I use battery save, I have a little under 50% at the end of the day.

Doesn't even put a dent in the battery usage (I have a 3 currently, had a 2 last year)
I never sleep in mine though, I always put it on the charger at night, home or at Disney.
But when I put it on the charger, home or Disney, the percentage of battery left is the same. typically it's 75%

Wasn't there something about using your phone to be able open your room doors? I wonder if the watch will do that?

Anyone else have a take on battery life in the park?

I have a Series 2 and wore it daily when we were at Disney World in June for 10 days. I don't even think it went below 50%. I charge mine nightly so start at 100% each morning.

In my experience, the heart rate tracking will drain your battery faster (at least with the Series 2) so either close the app after use or make sure it is turned off.

Just as a heads up, my friend has an Apple series 1 watch and when she wore her magic band on the same wrist (as in, right next to the watch), the MB interfered with the function of the watch! When she moved the watch to the opposite wrist, it functioned as normal. Just an oddity to take note of.

The only issue I've had with my Apple Watch (2nd gen) is when the watch face is in direct sunlight. Normally, it has 40% or so when I go to charge it at night. But after sitting at one of my daughter’s field hockey games where it was in the sun, I got the 10% warning at 4:30 pm. I’ve gotten in the habit of turning the watch face to the inside of my wrist if I’m sitting still at a game.

My series 3 goes just fine all day and evening at WDW. I tend to have it on for 12-14 hours and it usually still has about 40% charge at the same nd of the day.

You can change the color of watch faces, Mickey included. Customize the Mickey watch face and change colors until its black and white. It's a cool looking classic Mickey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter