Any chance there will be more Studio rooms with TWO beds?

Count me in as another that likes the one bed, one pullout arrangement. I like having the extra living space. When it was just my husband, me, and our son, we used it as play space for him, and then the location of his pack n play. When my daughter was born, we started bringing an extra grandparent or two with us, so we upgraded to one bedrooms. When our kids are older and it's just the 4 of us, and we don't have napping toddlers/pre-schoolers anymore, we'll probably just stay at OKW if we want two real beds - but we love OKW. In my experience the pullouts/daybeds/murphy beds at Disney are actually pretty comfortable, and even more so if you ask housekeeping for extra padding. We loved the studio layout at the Poly on a sans grandparent long weekend bc my son could sleep on the murphy bed and we could put my daughter's pack n play in the extra bathroom, thereby maintaining lots of extra living space where the sofa is :-)

A lot of interesting points presented. I hadn't thought about the space issues. I always assumed that the bed and couch bed were to make you feel more like home than a hotel. Although I should figure there is some sort of cost component motivating their decision as well.

If it were just my husband and I, we don't mind the bed + couch arrangement. When we travel with our son, he sleeps on the couch bed and then it ends up staying open the whole time anyway, at which point it might as well be two comfortable beds. My son and I are going just the two of us in a few months and I gave him the option of OKW with two beds or another resort with a more convenient location with a bed and couch. He didn't hesitate and picked OKW... he knows what the couch beds feel like :rotfl:. I often travel with my sister and it would be nice to have two bed in other locations besides OKW. And as others have said, a one bedroom doesn't really help and it would be a waste (and a lot of points) to book a 2 bedroom just for my sister and me.

I don't think it all studios should be 2 beds, as I understand some prefer the bed and couch option, but I think it would be nice if they could do a mix of both types of studios. With new DVC resorts on the horizon, and hard refurbs at other resorts, maybe they will consider other options.

OKW is the only one with 2 beds in a studio because it was built first. Disney wasn't sure whether the whole Vacation Club concept was going to work, and they wanted the ability to sell the rooms as regular hotel rooms if it was a flop. Since then, they've decreased the square footage of the studios and went to other arrangements such as the ubiquitous Queen and Sleeper Sofa.

Personally, my wife and I are fine with the present arrangement of a queen with a sleeper sofa. We have a king at home, which we share with an old English sheepdog who thinks that his mandated sleeping spot is between us. He's done that since the day we got him from the rescue 9 years ago at a year old. So, having a queen bed is actually more space than we're used to!

And as others have said, a one bedroom doesn't really help and it would be a waste (and a lot of points) to book a 2 bedroom just for my sister and me.

The 1BR's would really be prime for a murphy sofa bed in the living area. I think it would give an added interest to them and some might consider that the incentive to book them vs 4 into a studio with an uncomfortable pull out couch.

If you were Disney, though, would you rather offer 30 studios that are 400 square feeteach, or 40 studios that are 300 square feet each?
There are rumors that Riviera will have studios that will only sleep 2. It makes sense for Disney. More units to sell, and then families are forced to buy more points as well.
As nice as it would be to be able to sleep 4 comfortably for 14 points a night, they aren't in this to be nice to us.

And if you are Disney you want rooms that transform for the most flexibility. A room with a queen and a sofabed will sleep four, but it provides flexibility for those that want more of a studio apartment and less of a hotel room. The more room configurations you offer, the more difficult slotting people into those rooms becomes as availability tightens.

And if you are Disney you want rooms that transform for the most flexibility. A room with a queen and a sofabed will sleep four, but it provides flexibility for those that want more of a studio apartment and less of a hotel room. The more room configurations you offer, the more difficult slotting people into those rooms becomes as availability tightens.

When it comes to hotel rooms, that would be a problem. But every night at a DVC resort is already paid for for decades to come, so it becomes our problem to fill them, not theirs.
Now if sales slow down, they will have to make the rooms more appealing to a variety of people, but there is no current incentive to do so.

When it comes to hotel rooms, that would be a problem. But every night at a DVC resort is already paid for for decades to come, so it becomes our problem to fill them, not theirs.
Now if sales slow down, they will have to make the rooms more appealing to a variety of people, but there is no current incentive to do so.

Its still their problem since in impacts customer satisfaction. But you are right, its far more OUR problem, and we should all understand that the more room configurations there are, the quicker you are going to have to move from room to room to piece together a "last minute" stay and the more labor will be involved for Disney in reservations CMs trying to get something pieced together and housekeeping. Flexibility always costs.

The Inn rooms at VB have two queens, the studios there have one queen with sofa bed. The Inn rooms are large, and I have booked one with a friend, and we both were happy with the sleeping arrangements.

I saw on Facebook that someone is staying in a test room at SSR and it has a pull down Murphy bed that goes over the sofa. Has a regular mattress.

I saw on Facebook that someone is staying in a test room at SSR and it has a pull down Murphy bed that goes over the sofa. Has a regular mattress.

I hope they go to those murphy beds instead of the pull outs for future updates. The pics of the test room look great IMO.

Its still their problem since in impacts customer satisfaction. But you are right, its far more OUR problem, and we should all understand that the more room configurations there are, the quicker you are going to have to move from room to room to piece together a "last minute" stay and the more labor will be involved for Disney in reservations CMs trying to get something pieced together and housekeeping. Flexibility always costs.

I agree. As long as it makes Disney in one of three ways, they will make the change.
1. Enough people demand it through their lack of purchasing. They would then greatly advertise this change, such as they are showing off their OKW renovations in places like the Disney Files magazine.
2. They find that it saves them money due to Murphy beds being easier to clean, upkeep, etc.
3. It does in fact help them save money with staffing or some other category.

I'm hoping for a change, I think the Murphy bed one makes the most sense. I can just see why it wouldn't happen from Disney's standpoint.

Murphy beds require the floor space to pull down - so you would have to get rid of the couch to get in a queen murphy.

Murphy beds require the floor space to pull down - so you would have to get rid of the couch to get in a queen murphy.

There are sofa murphy beds now so you can have both. Back several months ago when an SSR test room photo leaked that is what they were using.

There are sofa murphy beds now so you can have both. Back several months ago when an SSR test room photo leaked that is what they were using.
And this is the type that was in the demo room shared the other day (still kicking myself for not grabbing those pics lol).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter