Any chance there will be more Studio rooms with TWO beds?

I would guess that the chances of more studios with 2 beds a la OKW is slim to none for a couple of reasons.
1) As already mentioned, a room size issue.
2) It seems most new direct DVC purchasers are younger families, and prefer the bed/sofa combination. They don't think of their kids getting older or traveling with other adults.

And once the kids have left, a married couple staying in the studio often finds the couch and queen bed a better arrangement. I know my husband and I would. The couch gives the flexibility of an extra bed if you need it, but if you don't, actually creates living space rather than a bed no one sleeps in taking up all the floor space.

I mean, not to sound like a crank, but they've built literally thousands of studio rooms since OKW, and nary a one has two "real" beds. So I'm guessing no.

all the new studios are too small to 2 real beds, the only one since OKW would have been the Poly and they didn't do it there so unless they start making them larger you can count on never have 2 real beds in any future studio.

I obviously don’t know the ins and outs of these things, but why couldn’t they consider a couch Murphy bed. Seems it would provide the best of both worlds easily enough. A couch for those just needing the one bed and a real mattress bed for those needing 2 beds.
Not a terrible idea. The renovated POP rooms have a real and Murphy queen bed.
As long as they keep the couch (that can face the TV)

And once the kids have left, a married couple staying in the studio often finds the couch and queen bed a better arrangement. I know my husband and I would. The couch gives the flexibility of an extra bed if you need it, but if you don't, actually creates living space rather than a bed no one sleeps in taking up all the floor space.
This married couple without any kids along actually prefer to try to get some sleep. And the two of us cannot sleep in one queen sized bed together. So we book OKW and each get our own bed. Usually the sleeper sofa folded up into the couch is so uncomfortable for sitting and watching television. We've turned into our parents.

This married couple without any kids along actually prefer to try to get some sleep. And the two of us cannot sleep in one queen sized bed together. So we book OKW and each get our own bed. Usually the sleeper sofa folded up into the couch is so uncomfortable for sitting and watching television. We've turned into our parents.

Yep, that's why I used the word often. Some people perfer two beds, but many married couples do sleep in the same bed.

Yep, that's why I used the word often. Some people perfer two beds, but many married couples do sleep in the same bed.
We also utilize the sleeper in a studio. At home it's a King. There's just not enough room for us to get a good nights sleep in a queen and we are not big people.

There are dedicated studios at BWV, AKV both at Kidani and Jambo House, and CCV. There might be others. However none of them had two queen beds. The only studio with two queen beds is at OKW.

Why are we trying to crowd in more guests in the smallest unit? Shouldn't we consider the 1 and 2BR instead? I think DVC should consider changing half of the lock off 1BRs into 2 queen beds instead of a king. I mean if you want to finally make a villa more usable for families shouldn't DVC change the 1BRs? If you take out the pullout couch in a studio and add a queen bed there won't be any floor space. Or perhaps the 1 and 2 BRs should have less living room space to make the studios wider?
1 bed rooms do not sleep anymore than studios, some studios have spots for 5.

Last edited:
From a business standpoint, I don't see them offering it on future builds. OKW is one of the last resorts to book up, so the 2 real beds is a selling point to get people to book there with their points. When it comes to new purchasers, they are probably looking to hook people in with studios, have them wanting 2 real beds, and then hope that people add on enough points to be able to book 2 bedrooms.
The only way I see that changing is if they struggle to sell to young families, which does not look like it is presently happening.
OKW is a large resort and some don’t like the location. Hence why one of last too book up. BCV VGF are tiny and book up fast. AKV is also slow to book because of size. Stop don’t know why I need a 2 bedroom to sleep 4 comfortably. It’s a waste. 6 or more then you need a 2 bd or 2 studios.

I love DVC, but I wish they would create more studio rooms with two queen beds, like OKW. Am I the only one? I can understand that sometimes it's nice to have a bed and a couch, but other time when you have more than two people, or two people that would like to each have there own bed, it would be nice to have other resorts that offer this configuration besides OKW.

I would really like to see more options for this and thought there may be others who feel the same way.
This would be amazing! Honestly it’s one of the big reasons we didn’t buy into DVC. There are four of us and no one wants to sleep on a sleeper sofa. In order to avoid it, we’d bave to get a 2 bedroom, which seems like a waste. If there were more options for two queen beds instead of OKW, we’d prob pull the trigger and purchase.

I remember when the king bed was the only sleeping choice for you! Your words if I am remembering correctly!! I am surprised to find you booking studios.
As a married couple, (50 years) we travel a lot. A queen bed for the two of us is acceptable, if in a room with two queens, we each take our own, but more and more, we are booking one bedroom units, so we have the king, but more and more it’s so we have a choice, TV or quiet.

OKW is a large resort and some don’t like the location. Hence why one of last too book up. BCV VGF are tiny and book up fast. AKV is also slow to book because of size. Stop don’t know why I need a 2 bedroom to sleep 4 comfortably. It’s a waste. 6 or more then you need a 2 bd or 2 studios.

If you were Disney, though, would you rather offer 30 studios that are 400 square feeteach, or 40 studios that are 300 square feet each?
There are rumors that Riviera will have studios that will only sleep 2. It makes sense for Disney. More units to sell, and then families are forced to buy more points as well.
As nice as it would be to be able to sleep 4 comfortably for 14 points a night, they aren't in this to be nice to us.

I remember when the king bed was the only sleeping choice for you! Your words if I am remembering correctly!! I am surprised to find you booking studios.
As a married couple, (50 years) we travel a lot. A queen bed for the two of us is acceptable, if in a room with two queens, we each take our own, but more and more, we are booking one bedroom units, so we have the king, but more and more it’s so we have a choice, TV or quiet.
OKW is the only studio we ever book and we each get a bed. Otherwise, it's going to be a one bedroom every time for the king sized bed.

If you were Disney, though, would you rather offer 30 studios that are 400 square feeteach, or 40 studios that are 300 square feet each?
There are rumors that Riviera will have studios that will only sleep 2. It makes sense for Disney. More units to sell, and then families are forced to buy more points as well.
As nice as it would be to be able to sleep 4 comfortably for 14 points a night, they aren't in this to be nice to us.
The even though most sofas are only full sized, some are queen. When you factor in the width of the arm width in the sofa. They are wider than a queen sized bed. Plus when you unfold the sofa you have to put the cushions somewhere and they take up a lot of room. So you don’t need to make rooms bigger. We have stayed at POR and there was plenty of room for 2 queens in a regular hotel room. But like I have said several times now not everyone wants 2 beds, so they could make a cer amount this way. Kind of like CCV some have stand up showers and some have tubs. I bet DVC would get more people if all the resorts had this option. Hopefully they put in Murphy beds at SSR. The couches are awful just to sit on. A quick survey of members could easily determine what % they would make with sofa and what % 2 queen.

Last edited:
The even though most sofas are only full sized, some are queen. When you factor in the width of the arm width in the sofa. They are wider than a queen sized bed. Plus when you unfold the sofa you have to put the cushions somewhere and they take up a lot of room. So you don’t need to make rooms bigger. We have stayed at POR and there was plenty of room for 2 queens in a regular hotel room. But like I have said several times now not everyone wants 2 beds, so they could make a cer amount this way. Kind of like CCV some have stand up showers and some have tubs. I bet DVC would get more people if all the resorts had this option. Hopefully they put in Murphy beds at SSR. The couches are awful just to sit on. A quick survey of members could easily determine what % they would make with sofa and what % 2 queen.

And those same rooms at POR used to have doubles I thought. Or at least some of the hotels that had doubles now were given queens.

I think that it's similar to the previous belief that all BCV 2 BR's couldn't fit 2 queen beds. With the added size of the sofa arms and back it appears that even a full size sleeper sofa is larger than a queen bed. A search says a full size sleeper would be approx 72x90 open and a queen size bed is only 60x80. Event the most compact full size sleeper would seem to be 67" wide. So the full sleeper takes 7-12 more inches in width and 10 on the length when open. An open queen sleeper sofa is approx 75-84x90 - easily more than a queen bed. I know that PVB and VGF both have the queen sleeper sofas in the studios.

It still goes back to that Disney is in it for them, not us. If they have determined that people are more likely to book 2 bedroom units because they cannot sleep comfortably on sleeper sofas, which leads them to purchasing more points, then they have all the incentive that they need to keep the sleeper sofas in their units. They can claim it is due to consumer interest, when it really is in the interest of their bottom dollar.
I am not hoping or rooting for that to be the case. As a family of four, we would love 2 queen beds in studios. I am just not holding my breath that they will move to a setup that would be in the best interest of their members if it means costing them money.

It still goes back to that Disney is in it for them, not us. If they have determined that people are more likely to book 2 bedroom units because they cannot sleep comfortably on sleeper sofas, which leads them to purchasing more points, then they have all the incentive that they need to keep the sleeper sofas in their units. They can claim it is due to consumer interest, when it really is in the interest of their bottom dollar.
I am not hoping or rooting for that to be the case. As a family of four, we would love 2 queen beds in studios. I am just not holding my breath that they will move to a setup that would be in the best interest of their members if it means costing them money.

There were some test rooms done at SSR that had a Murphy bed. This would be a viable option. It can’t cost that much because they have already put them in a value resort.

I agree with @DenLo We shouldn’t be trying to stuff more folks in Studios. I am perfectly happy with the current arrangements. When we go with 3 or more we get a 1 BR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter