Any idea when we can buy WDW annual passes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow all the new posts I expected to see AP sales has started again. Just because there's no mod doesn't mean threads need to go off the rails so much.

It's been months without any announcement (aside from what Disneyland did.) Not even a plausible rumor. So depressing.

I think they have enough capacity to bring back at least the higher tier APs. This dribbling out is ridiculous. I get them not wanting to sell cheap FL ones but it boggles my mind they aren’t tripping over themselves to sell the $1200 passes.
I seem to recall reading that Disney is legally required to offer Florida residents discounts over the passes they sell to non-residents. If that is correct, then they couldn't just sell full price passes to everyone without also selling Florida discount passes to residents. Which might explain why they aren't selling passes, yet.

I seem to recall reading that Disney is legally required to offer Florida residents discounts over the passes they sell to non-residents.

That would make sense, it has confused me since the reopen that Disney isn’t selling APs to non-residents. It would be an immediate revenue boost and in general, non-resident AP holders are practically forced to stay on property to ensure park reservations for their entire stay.

I think they have enough capacity to bring back at least the higher tier APs. This dribbling out is ridiculous. I get them not wanting to sell cheap FL ones but it boggles my mind they aren’t tripping over themselves to sell the $1200 passes.

Sorry that we peasant FL residents are such a bother, LOL. I get what you're saying and I would buy it, but I don't think Disney is struggling with capacity numbers right now. Yes, some days, mostly holidays, it is hard to get a reservation at the Studios, but most days you can get a reservation in any park. And remember, any FL resident who had an AP prior to COVID, probably still has the AP. I don't know how large of a group the FL residents waiting for APs really is, but I don't see it impacting capacity numbers that much. Especially since capacity numbers are self-imposed by Disney, not mandated by the government. IMO, not selling new APs is related to something else. Maybe a complete change in ticketing, maybe something else. But I don't believe it is capacity related. And if it is, make FL residents the lowest tier with last dibs on reservations. Is it better to have below capacity crowds or to let FL residents take the leftover reservations? People spend money at the parks, no matter where they're from. Why doesn't Disney want money?

Sorry that we peasant FL residents are such a bother, LOL. I get what you're saying and I would buy it, but I don't think Disney is struggling with capacity numbers right now. Yes, some days, mostly holidays, it is hard to get a reservation at the Studios, but most days you can get a reservation in any park. And remember, any FL resident who had an AP prior to COVID, probably still has the AP. I don't know how large of a group the FL residents waiting for APs really is, but I don't see it impacting capacity numbers that much. Especially since capacity numbers are self-imposed by Disney, not mandated by the government. IMO, not selling new APs is related to something else. Maybe a complete change in ticketing, maybe something else. But I don't believe it is capacity related. And if it is, make FL residents the lowest tier with last dibs on reservations. Is it better to have below capacity crowds or to let FL residents take the leftover reservations? People spend money at the parks, no matter where they're from. Why doesn't Disney want money?
They’re trying not to tick off the passholders that they have. If they start selling new APs and all of the sudden park reservations are hard to come by, people are going to be very upset. Why would they set themselves up for that? They already expanded the AP pool once when they let people who took the refund buy new APs.

They’re trying not to tick off the passholders that they have. If they start selling new APs and all of the sudden park reservations are hard to come by, people are going to be very upset. Why would they set themselves up for that? They already expanded the AP pool once when they let people who took the refund buy new APs.

I do understand your point. But I don't know that I can agree with it. Disney is not controlling total ticket sales, only AP sales. Current AP holders still have the chance of being shut-out of reservations if daily ticket sales go up. I have not seen anything that says Disney will stop selling non-AP tickets based on total number of tickets sold or reservations available. Disney will continue to oversell (meaning more than the reservation system can allow) non-AP tickets. The only way they are controlling capacity is with their own artificial capacity limits and the reservation system. Anyone with a ticket can take up a reservation. Will current AP holders be ticked off if reservations are hard to come by if it is caused by daily ticket sales? Seems odd to look at new AP holders being the only potential villains for current AP holders. If what you say is true, I see it the other way. Current AP holders are the villains here since they are demanding that no new AP's are sold. Kind of mean to be in a club and then not allow any new members. Sort of an "I got mine and you can't get it" attitude, if what you say is the real reason for no new AP sales. Maybe you're right, but if you are I have lost faith in Disney fans.

If what you say is true, I see it the other way. Current AP holders are the villains here since they are demanding that no new AP's are sold. Kind of mean to be in a club and then not allow any new members. Sort of an "I got mine and you can't get it" attitude, if what you say is the real reason for no new AP sales. Maybe you're right, but if you are I have lost faith in Disney fans.
Tell me about it! My whole family was Disneyland passholders when the lockdown started and they won't let us into the WDW club, either!

We haven't even gotten our refund checks, yet (although Disney told us they were "in the mail.")

Whatever. Who said that Disney had to be fair or use logic or common sense? I'm joking, of course. Well, mostly...

I do understand your point. But I don't know that I can agree with it. Disney is not controlling total ticket sales, only AP sales. Current AP holders still have the chance of being shut-out of reservations if daily ticket sales go up. I have not seen anything that says Disney will stop selling non-AP tickets based on total number of tickets sold or reservations available. Disney will continue to oversell (meaning more than the reservation system can allow) non-AP tickets. The only way they are controlling capacity is with their own artificial capacity limits and the reservation system. Anyone with a ticket can take up a reservation. Will current AP holders be ticked off if reservations are hard to come by if it is caused by daily ticket sales? Seems odd to look at new AP holders being the only potential villains for current AP holders. If what you say is true, I see it the other way. Current AP holders are the villains here since they are demanding that no new AP's are sold. Kind of mean to be in a club and then not allow any new members. Sort of an "I got mine and you can't get it" attitude, if what you say is the real reason for no new AP sales. Maybe you're right, but if you are I have lost faith in Disney fans.
I think there’s a misunderstanding with how the park reservations work. There are separate buckets for resort guest, non-resort guest tickets and AP non-resort guests. There is a fixed amount of reservations available for APs on any given day who don’t have a resort reservation. The ticket sales don’t affect that and they haven’t had the demand where the ticket sale bucket has really ever filled up. Disney has actually moved more availability to the AP bucket because the other two weren’t being fully used.
Now if Disney sells new APs, you’ll have more people competing for those slots in the AP bucket making it harder for APs to get park reservations. That will tick people off. Disney is avoiding this issue by keeping the number of AP holders relatively controlled. With a normal ticket, you pick the days when you buy it. Disney knows how many tickets are sold any given day and the person buying the ticket can see if park reservations are available before they actually purchase the ticket.

While I understand the logic of not wanting to piss current AP holders off, AP holders are still renewing their passes. We’re what - 7 months into the parks reopening with this reservation system while the AP bucket is/was the smallest. They don’t have to renew. They were even given an out to cancel their pass. They are renewing knowing the new restrictions.

If I could buy an AP, as a local I’m fine gambling with buying a pass knowing that I might not be able to get reservations. I’ll find a day that works or stay on property in an effort to increase my chance at a park reservation. In fact, we’ve stayed on property three times since things have reopened and I live 30 minutes away.

I watch a lot of Disney centric YouTubers meander around the parks on an almost daily basis and it is completely frustrating knowing that I’m locked out. Day tickets for a local is just too cost prohibitive. Parking alone adds up fast. How about letting other people buy an AP?

I watch a lot of Disney centric YouTubers meander around the parks on an almost daily basis and it is completely frustrating knowing that I’m locked out. Day tickets for a local is just too cost prohibitive. Parking alone adds up fast. How about letting other people buy an AP?
What, the Disney Shills...er Influencers? How would you know which popcorn buckets to stand in line for if not for those folks? :worship: Obviously, Disney will make sure that they are getting passes.

I had to watch this again to remind myself that Walt had ever actually said it.

What, the Disney Shills...er Influencers? How would you know which popcorn buckets to stand in line for if not for those folks? :worship: Obviously, Disney will make sure that they are getting passes.

I had to watch this again to remind myself that Walt had ever actually said it.

“influencers” get two tickets a year.

what they’re likely doing is teaming up in groups of 3-5, and getting cheaper resorts with all their names on the ressy so they have guaranteed entry with their AP.
If they do a weeklong Priceline deal at POP they could get into the parks for 20 bucks a day. Consider it an operating expense.

Disney actually treats Disney bloggers and vloggers poorly beside the “top 5”. It’s why they created the Disney moms panel, the Disney blog, and every conference they do, they go out of the way to get non Disney bloggers in an attempt to control the narrative. There’s was literal outrage amongst the big Disney Instagramers when none of them were chosen back in 2019 for the Disney creators conference.

I’m actually more concerned about preference given to travel agents considering they actually contract through Disney and many have horrible practices.

Just called back as my 60 day window is Thursday and they told me another week at least.

If any park, on any day, is unavailable for my planned trip, I’ll buy the passes and cancel the trip.

Will hold those passes until Chapek is fired. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter