Any idea when we can buy WDW annual passes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m actually more concerned about preference given to travel agents considering they actually contract through Disney and many have horrible practices.
Well that’s blatantly untrue.

As a Disney TA the only special thing I’ve ever received from Disney is a once a year discount on a room (very limited availability at that). High volume TAs can apply to Disney for 1 comped ticket. Neither of those things has been allowed in 2021.

Some TAs are bad apples, just like EVERY other industry. Saying “many” of us have “horrible practices” is an unnecessary, generalized slam against an already struggling industry.

Well that’s blatantly untrue.

As a Disney TA the only special thing I’ve ever received from Disney is a once a year discount on a room (very limited availability at that). High volume TAs can apply to Disney for 1 comped ticket. Neither of those things has been allowed in 2021.

Some TAs are bad apples, just like EVERY other industry. Saying “many” of us have “horrible practices” is an unnecessary, generalized slam against an already struggling industry.
This isn’t the thread to discuss this, but I would like to clarify.

it’s not that Disney is giving you physical things (because it’s Disney and I know they don’t pay you half as well or comp you as well as they should all things considered)

but it’s the things taught, not disciplining travel agents when they are openly and publically wrong, the unsavory business practices and avoidance of affiliate disclosures that really grates my gears and many others.

just like cars salesman, there are a handful of dealers I’ll associate with, and a vast number I won’t even look at as I drive by.

unfortunately in both industries you’ll find that you have to work harder because the bad apples are there.

but most days you can get a reservation in any park

We found ourselves down there on the evening of Jan. 30th. We decided to check to see if we could get into any parks during the next two days we were going to be there, expecting that maybe one of the parks might be available...all four of the parks were available, so we bought tickets and went. Walked on to so many rides - it was great. Anyway, we would have bought a AP at that time as we have one, maybe two more trips down there in the pipeline.

I'm curious to know what the criteria is for AP sales to begin again? Are they waiting for a majority of park pass days to go unfilled?

Being a dvc member and not having an ap is starting to become annoying. Saturday will be my third trip since the reopening and it just is getting too expensive to keep buying daily tickets
100% agree!
WDW should either stop sales of AP altogether or let all that want an AP to have the option. We will bank our DVC points or use them at Vero Beach until things change.
I feel like DVC owners are being squeezed.

While I understand the logic of not wanting to piss current AP holders off, AP holders are still renewing their passes. We’re what - 7 months into the parks reopening with this reservation system while the AP bucket is/was the smallest. They don’t have to renew. They were even given an out to cancel their pass. They are renewing knowing the new restrictions.

If I could buy an AP, as a local I’m fine gambling with buying a pass knowing that I might not be able to get reservations. I’ll find a day that works or stay on property in an effort to increase my chance at a park reservation. In fact, we’ve stayed on property three times since things have reopened and I live 30 minutes away.

I watch a lot of Disney centric YouTubers meander around the parks on an almost daily basis and it is completely frustrating knowing that I’m locked out. Day tickets for a local is just too cost prohibitive. Parking alone adds up fast. How about letting other people buy an AP?
Exactly! It’s time to let all that want an AP with knowledge and acceptance of restrictions to have the option to buy an AP!

100% agree!
WDW should either stop sales of AP altogether or let all that want an AP to have the option. We will bank our DVC points or use them at Vero Beach until things change.
I feel like DVC owners are being squeezed.
DVC owners are only guaranteed the ability to make room reservations.

Exactly! It’s time to let all that want an AP with knowledge and acceptance of restrictions to have the option to buy an AP!
By doing that, you devalue the value of all APs, for those who purchased with the knowledge of more difficulty with getting park reservations and those who did not.

By doing that, you devalue the value of all APs, for those who purchased with the knowledge of more difficulty with getting park reservations and those who did not.
When I looked earlier today it was pretty much wide open (park reservations) except for part of March and the first part of April. I think all DVC should be able to purchase APs - I am not an owner, I just think it is the right thing to do.

I am also a DVC owner and while I know our deed is just that- a real estate deed, I have to admit I totally would be planning more trips if I had an AP right now! We have a big trip in April 2022 and I had planned to squeeze in a trip in November and December of 2021 but I just can't swing it when buying tickets. So I am here following along hoping for some news soon!

Same here. Trip planned but would go more often with a pass. I assume they know this but capacity being what it is there is not going to be an effort to increase people coming to the parks until they are able to let more people in. That being said, I’m still checking often in the hopes it opens up soon!

Had I known back when offered the option of ending my pass (which we hadn't been able to use for several months at the time) that I would not be able to buy again, I would have kept the pass. The few hundred bucks didn't matter that much to me.

It's obvious to me as a Florida resident that it's not about capacity but it is about revenue. We spent as much on tickets as we did on our passes last year, for only a week's worth, because we didn't have a choice. They want the income but not the volume of people, and individual tickets are the only way to do that.

Had I known back when offered the option of ending my pass (which we hadn't been able to use for several months at the time) that I would not be able to buy again, I would have kept the pass. The few hundred bucks didn't matter that much to me.

It's obvious to me as a Florida resident that it's not about capacity but it is about revenue. We spent as much on tickets as we did on our passes last year, for only a week's worth, because we didn't have a choice. They want the income but not the volume of people, and individual tickets are the only way to do that.
I'm pretty sure you can call up and buy the same pass that you had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter