Any idea when we can buy WDW annual passes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just updating my personal experience with the 'new process'

Got refunds for my two active passes last year when they were offered since there was no telling when/if we would be able to get back. Still had two passes for my kids that the clock hadn't started yet.

Have reservations for late April and called to get the two that were refunded back in service. Called on 2/3 and got my callback yesterday (2/21) and they allowed me to buy.

Had I known back when offered the option of ending my pass (which we hadn't been able to use for several months at the time) that I would not be able to buy again,
But you can buy again! Call the Passholder line, and you'll be able to buy new vouchers that you can wait until 12/31/2030 to activate.
Just updating my personal experience with the 'new process'

Got refunds for my two active passes last year when they were offered since there was no telling when/if we would be able to get back. Still had two passes for my kids that the clock hadn't started yet.

Have reservations for late April and called to get the two that were refunded back in service. Called on 2/3 and got my callback yesterday (2/21) and they allowed me to buy.
Read the last few pages of this thread - many people who cancelled have bought again.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/ap-only-info-thread-reservation-system-extensions-refunds.3798147/

Read the last few pages of this thread - many people who cancelled have bought again.

Correct. Now I'm in that group. Just giving an idea of how the process went for me in case it helps someone else in the same position.

Also was told that not all people would be allowed to re-buy. Not sure of the legitimacy of that claim but just throwing it out there.

Correct. Now I'm in that group. Just giving an idea of how the process went for me in case it helps someone else in the same position.

Also was told that not all people would be allowed to re-buy. Not sure of the legitimacy of that claim but just throwing it out there.
Sorry - I was suggesting that @winterwhite read those pages and quoted you as an example of success!

My wife and I were FL resident passholders until August when we requested refunds. We wanted to re-join the Passholder program so I called in late January and was told we qualified under the Annual Pass Recovery Sale to purchase new ones and that I would receive a call back in about 7 days. 21 days later I received a call allowing me to purchase passholder vouchers for both my wife and I. Couldn't be happier!

Ah. So we may not be allowed to re-buy especially as we are in town this week.
If I were there this week, I’d go to Guest Relations outside a park or to the Ticket Office in DS (across from GR there) and ask. All they can say is No, but here’s some pixie dust that they say Sure! :tinker:pixiedust:

I am also a DVC owner and while I know our deed is just that- a real estate deed, I have to admit I totally would be planning more trips if I had an AP right now! We have a big trip in April 2022 and I had planned to squeeze in a trip in November and December of 2021 but I just can't swing it when buying tickets. So I am here following along hoping for some news soon!
Exactly! My family would have at least 3 trips planned if DVC owners could purchase APs.
Why let folks who canceled and received a refund rejoin as AP holders but not let folks
who made a long term investment join?

Exactly! My family would have at least 3 trips planned if DVC owners could purchase APs.
Why let folks who canceled and received a refund rejoin as AP holders but not let folks
who made a long term investment join?

agreed. For me it's about flexibility. If I had the flexibility of an AP, I'd be booking several trips. My favorite part about DVC is that I've paid the piper for for unlimited flexibility. I can book and not think about it. The money's been spent and decision made. I don't want to have to have micro-discussions with myself about value of tickets, and how many days, and if i add an extra day, etc.

Reminds me of a Ron Popeil infomercial from the mid-90s... "Set it and forget it!" LOL

So, letting my AP run it's course (May 2, 2020 extended to the end of September) keeps me from buying a new AP?? Yea, that doesn't seem right to me. We've got a Sept 2021 trip planned and took advantage of the DVC deal (pay for 4 get 6 days). I'd much rather apply what I've spent towards a new AP. I would totally be planning a 2022 trip if I could.

agreed. For me it's about flexibility. If I had the flexibility of an AP, I'd be booking several trips. My favorite part about DVC is that I've paid the piper for for unlimited flexibility. I can book and not think about it. The money's been spent and decision made. I don't want to have to have micro-discussions with myself about value of tickets, and how many days, and if i add an extra day, etc.

Reminds me of a Ron Popeil infomercial from the mid-90s... "Set it and forget it!" LOL

Totally this for us. We didn't renew in late 2019 owing to other issues at the time, missed the boat in 2020 when we were originally planning to buy APs. We're DVC members, had a trip in January and are planning one in early April to celebrate the 29th anniversary of DWs 21st birthday. A trip planned to the Fort for June and another for later in the year. The AP made it so easy for us to put money in Disneys coffers in other ways (in addition to the DVC) across the year but the cost of the park passes is getting ridiculous to the point where we can't make all the trips. AP availability is a great way to recognize and enable customer loyalty.

I'm really hoping for a change of heart at least for DVC members sometime this year.

Totally this for us. We didn't renew in late 2019 owing to other issues at the time, missed the boat in 2020 when we were originally planning to buy APs. We're DVC members, had a trip in January and are planning one in early April to celebrate the 29th anniversary of DWs 21st birthday. A trip planned to the Fort for June and another for later in the year. The AP made it so easy for us to put money in Disneys coffers in other ways (in addition to the DVC) across the year but the cost of the park passes is getting ridiculous to the point where we can't make all the trips. AP availability is a great way to recognize and enable customer loyalty.

I'm really hoping for a change of heart at least for DVC members sometime this year.
Let’s hope they change the policy for DVC owners sometime soon!

We cancelled our passes due to Covid last year, we have had passes for a while.
We booked for 3-19 to go see the Flower and Garden show. I thought I would just call and be able to purchase again.
I was on hold for almost an hour and then told I would get a call in 3-4 weeks :/
If I wait for that, we may not get entry into EPCOT. I had no idea the wait was that long.

We cancelled our passes due to Covid last year, we have had passes for a while.
We booked for 3-19 to go see the Flower and Garden show. I thought I would just call and be able to purchase again.
I was on hold for almost an hour and then told I would get a call in 3-4 weeks :/
If I wait for that, we may not get entry into EPCOT. I had no idea the wait was that long.

dis you tell them you have a trip coming up? They’ve been expediting those with near trips

Call again to explain how very close in you are, it won’t hurt.

I sent an email, no response yet, but I will call again.
We are Florida Residents and they have a 4 day deal right now, maybe the Cast Member thought that was a good deal.
But since our July Disney Cruise was just cancelled we wanted to go to Disney for the week since we aren't sure about flying just yet. So I just want the passes otherwise we have to buy twice, that is not a good deal.

Had I known back when offered the option of ending my pass (which we hadn't been able to use for several months at the time) that I would not be able to buy again, I would have kept the pass. The few hundred bucks didn't matter that much to me.

It's obvious to me as a Florida resident that it's not about capacity but it is about revenue. We spent as much on tickets as we did on our passes last year, for only a week's worth, because we didn't have a choice. They want the income but not the volume of people, and individual tickets are the only way to do that.

I cancelled my pass last July and they let me buy a new one last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter