Anyone else using upcoming Disney trip as motivation to lose weight?

Anyone have any advice for me? For the past year, I have been 150 pounds (before the year, the highest I was ever at was 130, with 116 being the low point, I am 5'2"). It seems like I can eat at McDonalds for 7 days a week (slight exageration, but hopefully you get the point), and never go over 150 (no, my scales not broken I checked). I can also eat healthy, do cardio and yoga 5 out of 7 days of the week, and not lose a pound (this had been done steadily at one point for over a month before I gave up). Anybody have any suggestions? I am at about the end of my rope and I too would like to look good in my Dec. Disney pictures.

Ok, first off, GO BUCKS! Secondly, you are more than likely not eating enough when you try to lose weight. I recommend actually joining a real office Weight Watchers in your case & following Flex. I think you'll be surprised that the weight will come off easily. You are a perfect canidate for that particular program. JMHO.

Thanks for the Weight Watchers tip, I am looking into them right now. My other problem with losing weight right now is the monetary aspect of the diet plan. I am in my last year of law school and have virtually no money to my name (thought hopefully next year will be a diff story).

OhioStateBuckeye, might I suggest that you check out the TOPS internet site. You can punch in your zipcode and find a meeting nearby. Even on a students budget you can afford it. The only downside is that a lot of the members are older but if you are comfortable with that it might be a solution.

I am not able to diet without getting on a scale in front of someone else and there are lots of silly contests and fun to be had at TOPS. You can follow any diet you wish.

Also some schools and businesses offer cut rate WW classes so you might check that out as well.

You could also form your own diet group as an alternative.

Good luck and please wave at my sisters who live in Columbus when you are out and about. ;)

Slightly Goofy

ohiostatebuckeye- Check out sparkpeople.com. FREE nutrition education, calorie counter and so much more. Friends of mine at work have done it and lost tons. It teaches you how to lose weight the right way and keep it off. Did I mention its FREE!! Best thing that have ever happened to me.
Good luck.:thumbsup2

Off to disney tomorrow. :cool1: Pray that my eating stays under control!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter