AP discounts

trompettecon

Mouseketeer
Hello. On the Univ site it states that Preferred AP get a 10% discount on Universal owned restaurants and stores. Which restaurants and stores are not owned by Universal? Trying to figure out if I should get Preferred or a lower-tier pass.

Effectively, the discount covers any food or merchandise onsite at Universal. All the City Walk and hotel restaraunts offer it, all the park stores, etc. Even the Universal store at MCO.

Exceptions that I know of: booze, face masks, Scarecrow Stalk (no longer relevant after today, but they told me it counted as an "event" so no discount).

Last edited:
AP discount doesn’t work on food at Premier resorts, which I find strange. Cabana Bay and Sapphire yes, Hard Rock and Royal Pacific no… Those are the 4 I have tried.

AP discount doesn’t work on food at Premier resorts, which I find strange. Cabana Bay and Sapphire yes, Hard Rock and Royal Pacific no… Those are the 4 I have tried.
Do they work at SF's Strong Water Tavern? It does not seem to be on the list of what it covers.

I have definitely used the Premier Pass discount at BiCE at Portofino.

I used to get the 10% discount at the Kitchen at Hard Rock, but not at Emack n Bolio's (the quick serve store).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter