AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I wonder if a fully paid AP was near expiration when the parks closed and then after opening this/next week, they extend that time onto your AP (but are not eligible for the bonus month distributed in October)?

Is there going to be another set of AP previews for EP and HS on July 13/14? I thought I remembered this and have been stalking my email since I barely missed out on the 9/10 previews. Now I can't find anything about the second set if previews and am starting to doubt they ever existed.

Also, I have seen SO many people post that they are not going to make it to the AP previews, Even though they already have reservations. Any history of Disney allowing them to cancel an open up availability again? I can't believe we are here for a month and won't even get to visit all 4 parks. 😞

Is there going to be another set of AP previews for EP and HS on July 13/14? I thought I remembered this and have been stalking my email since I barely missed out on the 9/10 previews. Now I can't find anything about the second set if previews and am starting to doubt they ever existed.

Also, I have seen SO many people post that they are not going to make it to the AP previews, Even though they already have reservations. Any history of Disney allowing them to cancel an open up availability again? I can't believe we are here for a month and won't even get to visit all 4 parks. 😞
I believe the 13/14th will only be CM previews.

No more previews

Nor have I. No guidance emails from Disney on choices. I want to cancel and I don't want the parks to open July 11 and then have Disney say "too bad, you should've cancelled before we re-opened." I can't imagine Disney would do that, but I've been unpleasantly surprised with every step the company has taken regarding APs.

I have the same concern. I sent Disney an email a few weeks ago saying I want to cancel and I would like a refund. I haven't had any response. Not even the canned email that information will be available in early July. I am not sure what else to do at this point.

I have the same concern. I sent Disney an email a few weeks ago saying I want to cancel and I would like a refund. I haven't had any response. Not even the canned email that information will be available in early July. I am not sure what else to do at this point.
Not a priority for them. We aren't on board with their policy so why would they care to make it a convenient choice to cancel and get our money back?

With every WDW misstep, I'm moving further away from *ever* going back. And that breaks my heart.

I did multiple accounts from FB pages of people who originally couldn't get a Preview date but got an email over the weekend letting them know they'd be signed up now (I'd assume automatically, and also assuming some APs called to let Disney know they couldn't make it). So it appears some slots were reopened but not released to all APs and instead only some APs got added to the event.

Not a priority for them. We aren't on board with their policy so why would they care to make it a convenient choice to cancel and get our money back?

With every WDW misstep, I'm moving further away from *ever* going back. And that breaks my heart.

See...that's it. We are not in their highest profit margin as a local AP and I get the sense they are forcing us to choose exile. It's a rather bold position to take. But, we aren't travel agents or local vloggers with a vested interest to potentially "pump and dump" (been a part of that for years working for an S&P 500 company).

So if they pull the shenanigans of the ball under shell trick once again, we're not only out, but now could be a megaphone to that end.

Our situation might be isolated but, aggravating just the same. Tentatively planning for June 2021 on June UY DVC Points after canceling June 2020. Fully paid AP, our of state. AP originally expired 1/22/21, extended 5/19/21. Asked for a refund but, it was extended for some reason. Called 2 times, still no clear answers. If we are getting a 30 day extension, it would cover the 2021 trip. But, at this point the trip is beyond what MDE shows as expiration so, no reserving park time.

Our situation might be isolated but, aggravating just the same. Tentatively planning for June 2021 on June UY DVC Points after canceling June 2020. Fully paid AP, our of state. AP originally expired 1/22/21, extended 5/19/21. Asked for a refund but, it was extended for some reason. Called 2 times, still no clear answers. If we are getting a 30 day extension, it would cover the 2021 trip. But, at this point the trip is beyond what MDE shows as expiration so, no reserving park time.

When I called for my cancellation/refund last week, I was told that it was noted on my AP account but they didn't know they would start processing the cancel/refund.

Are most people calling to request the cancellation/refund (rather than waiting for the “mystery” email)? We’ve been waiting, but with the opening fast approaching I’m starting to think that we should call.

Are most people calling to request the cancellation/refund (rather than waiting for the “mystery” email)? We’ve been waiting, but with the opening fast approaching I’m starting to think that we should call.

I'm waiting for the "mystery email" I just don't trust that the random person I might get through to after waiting on hold for 2 hours will have any clue. I have pretty much zero faith in Disney right now.

"...confusion and frustration..." seriously??? Those are words for maybe miscommunication about park hours or menu offerings, not drawing payments that they weren't authorized to take.
Im convinced now Disney hates AP holders. Not trying to be dramatic
Just one comparison with universal and this was pre covid. I went to the park and my pass wasn't working for whatever reason. I went to the outside guest relations window, waited about 15 cause they only had 2 people working there. When it was my turn they fixed my card, gave me 3 Express passes and a $25 food voucher, and i didn't even complain about the wait, they just apologized for the wait and gave it to me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter