AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Like I expected,

"Thank you for your patience as we looked into your request regarding your Annual Pass.

I appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to research your inquiry. In order to provide you with the best service related to the previous refund from April, we have forwarded your message to a team within our company dedicated to helping our valuable Passholders, such as yourself. They will be contacting you soon.

Also, I apologize that you were incorrectly charged for your Annual Passes. Please know, your charges are currently on high priority to be refunded and we are working diligently to get these charges reversed for you and your family. We apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment this has caused. We appreciate your patience as we process these refunds for all of our valued Annual Passholders who have been incorrectly charged for their passes.

thank you again and I wish you a wonderful rest of your day. "

I'm sure they will look into it, and will contact me "soon". Such great customer service. lol

At least its high priority! /s

Like I expected,

"Thank you for your patience as we looked into your request regarding your Annual Pass.

I appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to research your inquiry. In order to provide you with the best service related to the previous refund from April, we have forwarded your message to a team within our company dedicated to helping our valuable Passholders, such as yourself. They will be contacting you soon.

Also, I apologize that you were incorrectly charged for your Annual Passes. Please know, your charges are currently on high priority to be refunded and we are working diligently to get these charges reversed for you and your family. We apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment this has caused. We appreciate your patience as we process these refunds for all of our valued Annual Passholders who have been incorrectly charged for their passes.

thank you again and I wish you a wonderful rest of your day. "

I'm sure they will look into it, and will contact me "soon". Such great customer service. lol

At least its high priority! /s
Maria Kendricks (Disney)
Jul 7, 2020, 1:46 PM EDT
Dear Joshua,

Thank you for your patience as we looked into your request regarding your Annual Pass.

I appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to research your inquiry. In order to provide you with the best service related to your specific situation, we have forwarded your message to a team within our company dedicated to helping our valuable Passholders, such as yourself. They will be contacting you directly. Due to the higher than normal amount of inquiries, I cannot provide a specific time frame on when may expect to be contacted.

Joshua, thank you again and I wish you a wonderful rest of your day.

Warmest regards,

Maria Kendricks
Walt Disney World Resort
Guest Experience Services

Maria Kendricks (Disney)
Dear Joshua,

Thank you for your patience as we looked into your request regarding your Annual Pass.

I appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to research your inquiry. In order to provide you with the best service related to your specific situation, we have forwarded your message to a team within our company dedicated to helping our valuable Passholders, such as yourself. They will be contacting you directly. Due to the higher than normal amount of inquiries, I cannot provide a specific time frame on when may expect to be contacted.

Warmest regards,

Maria Kendricks
Walt Disney World Resort
I would like to know who this mysterious entity is that they keep forwarding all of our concerns to and just go direct.

Maria Kendricks (Disney)
Dear Joshua,

Warmest regards,

Maria Kendricks
Walt Disney World Resort

At least you got the generic response. Two emails later and not even this much. What email address did you use?

Is the offered refund on AP continual until your expiration, or is it a use it and lose it type situation?

To clarify, we have a Park Reservation for next week which we are debating on using. Our AP expires in November (thanks to the extension). If we went to the park one day, would that automatically kick out opportunity for requesting a refund? Just trying to decide what our family should do!
Thanks in advance!

The short answer is Who Knows? 🤷🏻‍♀️
But I’m sure you will get lots of opinions on it!!
🙂

Maria Kendricks (Disney)
Dear Joshua,

Warmest regards,

Maria Kendricks
Walt Disney World Resort

Is Maria really Lindsay? What are they trying to pull here?! I thought I was special, lol........

Lindsay Hawkins (Disney)

Lindsay Hawkins
Walt Disney World Resort

This situation about them calling back is the same record playing again from months ago. I was told they would call me when there were (2) two options. Now there are more options including a full refund, but was told I didn't have to make a decision until this nebulous e-mail in early July is to come. So I wanted to be more preemptive and sent my e-mail to them this AM outlining my request.

I have to think this is "he went that way" with fingers pointing in opposite direction is happening.

The other scenario is that they are waiting until the parks open to the public and/or APs (yes, targeted for July 11th). And if that date slips, then the refund amounts/extensions change.

This situation about them calling back is the same record playing again from months ago. I was told they would call me when there were (2) two options. Now there are more options including a full refund, but was told I didn't have to make a decision until this nebulous e-mail in early July is to come. So I wanted to be more preemptive and sent my e-mail to them this AM outlining my request.

I have to think this is "he went that way" with fingers pointing in opposite direction is happening.

The other scenario is that they are waiting until the parks open to the public and/or APs (yes, targeted for July 11th). And if that date slips, then the refund amounts/extensions change.

Maybe. I don't think there is anything that can stop them from reopening, unless today somehow was a disaster. Which we would know by now.

Are they just trying to wear people down? Play the percentages, hope that a larger portion just let the passes extend since they don't have time to deal with it, and then just work on the few that are more vocal about it? Or is it that AP issues are so far down on their list right now?

Maybe. I don't think there is anything that can stop them from reopening, unless today somehow was a disaster. Which we would know by now.

Are they just trying to wear people down? Play the percentages, hope that a larger portion just let the passes extend since they don't have time to deal with it, and then just work on the few that are more vocal about it? Or is it that AP issues are so far down on their list right now?

They have become deflection masters. Deflect enough and you'll certainly not get anymore APs requesting full refunds.

They have become deflection masters. Deflect enough and you'll certainly not get anymore APs requesting full refunds.

Like they can coax them into just scanning that band to get in, giving up their refund.......

Which does seem unlikely now with how fast the preview sold out and how hard it is to reserve days. I guess just trying to get them to stop caring and move on.

I'm not, lol.

If you don’t have an extra 300 dollars... why are you buying something like Disney passes?

Not that it’s any of your business, but I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you may not have heard about the worldwide Covid pandemic that has left a lot of people out of work .
Getting hit with 4 months of payments taken out of your checking account for each pass in your family all at once with no warning
can easily mess up your finances.

Not that it’s any of your business, but I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you may not have heard about the worldwide Covid pandemic that has left a lot of people out of work .
Getting hit with 4 months of payments taken out of your checking account for each pass in your family all at once with no warning
can easily mess up your finances.

I wish mine was only $300.

I mean, we have enough where even the $500 that they took doesn't hurt us. But there was a time in my life years ago where that would have wrecked me. It's no one's business though..

People have a right to be upset when someone takes money out of their account unauthorized and with no warning.

What is this Covid you speak of, lol.........

I got through to the overflow portion of the ViPassholder line just now. Here's what I was told and documented.

It was interesting that when I explained our situation, I was greeted with "What are you looking for?". To which I responded, "What are options are available to me?".

Phone CM confirmed after putting me on hold and checking with another CM that, yes, they are expecting this AP e-mail to be sent within days. I reiterated that the parks open on July 11th and that we should get that e-mail prior to then. If we/I do not get that e-mail by the 11th, then guess what? Call back the ViPassholder line to see if they can review the options/choices at that time.

I got through to the overflow portion of the ViPassholder line just now. Here's what I was told and documented.

It was interesting that when I explained our situation, I was greeted with "What are you looking for?". To which I responded, "What are options are available to me?".

Phone CM confirmed after putting me on hold and checking with another CM that, yes, they are expecting this AP e-mail to be sent within days. I reiterated that the parks open on July 11th and that we should get that e-mail prior to then. If we/I do not get that e-mail by the 11th, then guess what? Call back the ViPassholder line to see if they can review the options/choices at that time.

It’s the Wild West. Like make a deal time I guess..

My AP started 12/4/19. I went one night (two days) at that time.
I went in January for 5 days. I was booked in March and the park was closed by my date. I was booked in May, and the park was still closed. I had to cancel the August trip for myself and my grandsons due to restrictions (no way the one child would wear a mask with his autism).

So, I have gone 7 days with my AP. MDE still shows the expiration date as 12/4/20.

I realize that they should/will be open in August but without the full park experience, even IF the 6 year old could wear a mask, it would be a very expensive visit for what we'd be able to do with the restrictions since the kids need tickets.

I feel ripped off, since the park has been closed longer than open during my AP time so far.
Cant you ask for refund of the remainder?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter