Applications are UP!

Even if you do the E-presentation, can you still go to a live presentation later, just to meet the reps. & other interested students?:cool1:

I have my phone interview at 1:30pm tomorrow! Yay! Wish me luck!!:cheer2::cool1::yay::yay::cool1::cheer2:

Good luck!!:thumbsup2

I think my phone interview went ok...just thinking good thoughts! I think I did better last time, but who knows.. my friends interview on Wednesday--so hope they make it, even if I don't!:lovestruc

Web interview results are valid for 6 months. I'm guessing based on your statement that May 6 would be the day that your previous interview results expire.

The 6 month rule is a rule that applies to positions at both WDW and DLR. It isn't just a CP rule.

The unfortunate thing about CP applicants is that the recruiting seasons follow school semesters and just due to timing, people who apply in the fall semester and don't pass may not be able to apply during the spring since the 6 months won't be up until after they stop recruiting.

Ugh, If I don't get to apply this season I'm going to be VERY upset. :/ :/ I don't want to have to finish waiting 6 months just to be told that I can't apply again this season ...

I feel much more prepared for the web interview now, so to wait longer would be very frustrating! :(

Gahhh! I'm just so confused now! Whyyyyy would they give me a date that's outside the recruiting season?? That doesn't seem really fair to me. I just want to do the regular fall season so I don't see why they wouldn't let me... I'm so nervous gahhhh

Gahhh! I'm just so confused now! Whyyyyy would they give me a date that's outside the recruiting season?? That doesn't seem really fair to me. I just want to do the regular fall season so I don't see why they wouldn't let me... I'm so nervous gahhhh

I doubt they could do anything for you, but I would call or email recruiting and just see if you have any options. Maybe they could at least let you know when the end of the recruiting season will be so you can know if you have a chance or not and not be unsure until May! Who knows, maybe they have some other information that could help you. Couldn't hurt to explain your situation and see if there's anything you can do!

Here's the info from wdwcollegeprogram.com

Call: 1-800-722-2930 (Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. Eastern with extended hours February-April and September-November)

Email: wdw.college.recruiting@disney.com

I'm really sorry about your situation. The web interview has really put a damper on a lot of people's college program plans. I personally know 3 people that I did college programs with and they failed the web interview when applying for the alumni program. It sucks :(

^^Really?? Had they done the web interview before? Or it wasn't around yet when they did their CP?

That happened to me where I'd be able to reapply by April 24 and I asked then when the recruiting would be done and they were like uhh...no set date, but make sure you do it by May? So yeah I would call and see what's doin'.

Whyyyyy would they give me a date that's outside the recruiting season?? That doesn't seem really fair to me.

They didn't give you a date.

You gave yourself the date based on when you initially took the web interview and didn't make it through.

I personally don't agree with the web interviews at all, but they do seem to be enforcing their policy consistently which does make it fair. Six months is six months.

They didn't give you a date.

You gave yourself the date based on when you initially took the web interview and didn't make it through.

I personally don't agree with the web interviews at all, but they do seem to be enforcing their policy consistently which does make it fair. Six months is six months.

Agreed. The web interviews feel a little too generic. The old way seemed more personal.

Just kinda curious But...
How long has the CP been using this web interview and also how many people really fail it??

Just kinda curious But...
How long has the CP been using this web interview and also how many people really fail it??

I'm pretty sure they starteted using it when recruiting for Spring 2010, because I applied then and had to take it, but when I applied for Fall 2009 I didn't have to.

It's hard to tell how many people fail it, just like it's hard to tell how many people interview and don't get accepted. Though if I had to guess I'd say most people pass it rather than fail.

What was the old way? haha

It first was having a live, person-to-person interview at the schools (and I'm assuming there also was the over the phone interview as well). Then that was taken away, and all interviews were done over the phone. Then starting Spring 2010, the online part was added before being able to do the phone interview

What was the old way? haha

Also for CareerStart it was like a short answer thing with cheesy question about how you in-vision your future and what do you want to gain most from the experience.

^^Really?? Had they done the web interview before? Or it wasn't around yet when they did their CP?

That happened to me where I'd be able to reapply by April 24 and I asked then when the recruiting would be done and they were like uhh...no set date, but make sure you do it by May? So yeah I would call and see what's doin'.

No, they hadn't done the web interview before. It was added after my (and their) last CP so it's new to us! I'm just really glad I researched it a bit before taking it. It's gotta suck to have already been a cast member and then get turned down because of the web interview. :(

I have to say I don't completely agree with the web interview either. I guess it's a way for them to narrow down the phone interviews since cast member applications have gone up. I think the questions towards the beginning of the web interview could be a good tool (the ones that have several, very different answers), but the strongly agree/disagree ones are a little tricky and almost unfair in a way.

I guess it's hard for me to explain, but I feel like "Agree" and "Strongly agree" (disagree can apply here too) can be interpreted differently by different people. For instance, some people might save "strongly agree" for a really stand-out questions, which would end up counting against them. Kind of like typing in caps. I might type in caps to really emphasize something I'm saying, but if I type in caps all the time then the message just get diluted. So someone might feel that if they put "strongly agree" for every answer then it would be overkill...ok...maybe some of that made sense...hahaha :confused3

No, they hadn't done the web interview before. It was added after my (and their) last CP so it's new to us! I'm just really glad I researched it a bit before taking it. It's gotta suck to have already been a cast member and then get turned down because of the web interview. :(

I have to say I don't completely agree with the web interview either. I guess it's a way for them to narrow down the phone interviews since cast member applications have gone up. I think the questions towards the beginning of the web interview could be a good tool (the ones that have several, very different answers), but the strongly agree/disagree ones are a little tricky and almost unfair in a way.

I guess it's hard for me to explain, but I feel like "Agree" and "Strongly agree" (disagree can apply here too) can be interpreted differently by different people. For instance, some people might save "strongly agree" for a really stand-out questions, which would end up counting against them. Kind of like typing in caps. I might type in caps to really emphasize something I'm saying, but if I type in caps all the time then the message just get diluted. So someone might feel that if they put "strongly agree" for every answer then it would be overkill...ok...maybe some of that made sense...hahaha :confused3

I understand exactly what you meant, I started putting 'agree' instead of strongly agree on some questions because I didn't want it to feel like I was standing on a hill shouting "LOOK WHAT A PERFECT CANDIDATE I AM" I felt like so many Strongly Agrees WAS becoming overkill, lol.
We passed though so all is well.

Disneyland had been using a web interview as an initial step for awhile for all of their applicants including the CP. They first called it a "web assessment" or something like that.

then a pretty big restructuring happened. people were laid off, processes were changed, departments were eliminated or merged. "One Disney" and "Segment" were buzzwords that my friends who still worked for Disney were saying. Basic idea was to have consistency in areas which I guess is a good idea in theory.

Disneyland's process of the web interview was adopted by WDW. "Forced" was really what I was told.

I guess the biggest impact that it has had has been with the CP. Before they did it, if you didn't get an offer one semester, you could interview the next. The "apply once every 6 months" policy was still in place, but kinda overlooked by recruiting due to the time frame when they were recruiting and the start dates of each program. This is only a guess, but does make sense.

Now if you don't make it through, you have to wait 6 months before you can try again. Not that big of a deal if someone interviews between February and April. By the time they start recruiting in the Fall, most people's results would have expired and they could try again. Huge deal for someone that applied in the Fall, though. If you applied anytime after September/early October and didn't make it through, it is very unlikely that you would be able to apply in the Spring since 6 months wouldn't have passed by the time they stop recruiting in mid/late April.

I guess they are upfront about it, but I don't know if they are as clear about it as they could be.

For what it's worth, they used to do a Gallup profile a long time ago too and eventually got rid of it. It was done over the phone and was also specific to a position. So maybe if the economy picks up and their number of applicants fall, this online profile thing will be done away with.

My dd applied today and failed the web interview. She was devastated. I mean devastated. :sick: She was applying for the fall program (Aug.- Jan.) If I could pick anyone to go to there and be a part of the program it would be my dd. I mean seriously. I had NO DOUBT in my mind that she would make it. :scared1: I was SHOCKED when she didn't. SO I read some of the replies to this thread and saw that it was mentioned that "I did my research" and "I am ready for the web interview this time". What exactly can you do to prepare for that web interview??? It said to answer honestly and not answer what you think they want you to say. Here is a girl that eats breathes and sleeps Disney. She has danced all of her life. She is your all american girl that is so well grounded. She selected 5 roles. It is upsetting because when we go to WDW, we see/interact with cast members that LOVE their jobs and some that act like they don't.It is frustrating because she wants to be a part of the magic so bad. She is 20 and we just got back last night ..her 18th trip. She knows so much about Disney already. I just don't know what they are looking for. She is a great girl, she has high standards and morals.She is a great student and hard worker. She is majoring in Mass Comm. with a dual track in marketing and PR. I just don't understand. If anyone has any advice ...please advise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter