April 2019 Rental Car Thread

Budget just dropped for my dates April 20-26 - $258 all in - this is via carrentalsavers so I don't know what codes. My preferred, Alamo, is still over $500.

My dates are 04/26-04/29. The best I have done so far with Alamo is $128.xx for a compact or $137.xx for midsize. I used the $25 off specialty (ad3868jst) and pass holder code (860292). I am still hoping for a lower rate!

My mid-SUV dropped again tonight; from this morning. $194 now, woot woot. April 27-May 3. Alamo using Costco Travel site.

I love under $200, will keep watching daily.

Budget just dropped for my dates April 20-26 - $258 all in - this is via carrentalsavers so I don't know what codes. My preferred, Alamo, is still over $500.
My Alamo for similar dates keeps going down and down using Costco—now right around $200 for either a standard or intermediate SUV

Can anyone share what coupons are working for you? I'm arriving April 19 - 23. I can't seem to find any coupons that work even though googling seems to appear there are some 3-day ones out there. I'm using auto slash and costco and the prices are still really high. Thanks!

My Costco Minivan 4/26-5/9 just dropped from $604 to $505. I started looking at >$800 months ago. I'm pretty happy but will definitely check again. Budget is showing Chrysler Pacifica for $425. I need to get a wheelchair in the back going back and forth to the parks. Can anyone tell me how the trunk area in the Pacifica compares with the Dodge Grand Caravan?

Last edited:

Can anyone share what coupons are working for you? I'm arriving April 19 - 23. I can't seem to find any coupons that work even though googling seems to appear there are some 3-day ones out there. I'm using auto slash and costco and the prices are still really high. Thanks!

B004600 is the coupon i used directly with budget. Looks like i got lucky and booked at the right time. I have elite SUV booked fort $509 for April 18-28 and now it is at $1,163. Car rental companies are crazy.

The Chrysler Pacifica minivan came down to $386.79 at Budget for the 13 days. It looks like I should have no problem getting the wheelchair to fit. This feels good considering I started at >$800 a few months ago.

My mid-SUV dropped again. $186 now. April 27-May 3. Alamo using Costco Travel site. My goal was Alamo under $200 so I am happy.

I hope that ALL of you renting at MCO via Budget have their FastBreak membership. My DD and I rented from them two weeks ago, booked through my Chase credit card which uses Expedia...great rate (~$55 for the weekend) but even though I'm a Budget FastBreak member, Budget could NOT add my membership to the reservation after the fact without potentially me having to pay more...and they couldn't tell me how much more. So we were forced to go down to the regular rental car counter where we waited close to 45 minutes just to get our car. It was unreal...and then the car wreaked of smoke. We will NEVER use Budget again. I've used 4 or 5 different rental car companies at MCO and this was the worst experience.

Well, I'm down to $359 for a 2 week Rav 4(or similar) rental through Alamo. I check everyday now...it's $10 less than it was two days ago!!! Much better than when I started booking.

I hope that ALL of you renting at MCO via Budget have their FastBreak membership. My DD and I rented from them two weeks ago, booked through my Chase credit card which uses Expedia...great rate (~$55 for the weekend) but even though I'm a Budget FastBreak member, Budget could NOT add my membership to the reservation after the fact without potentially me having to pay more...and they couldn't tell me how much more. So we were forced to go down to the regular rental car counter where we waited close to 45 minutes just to get our car. It was unreal...and then the car wreaked of smoke. We will NEVER use Budget again. I've used 4 or 5 different rental car companies at MCO and this was the worst experience.

Always use the Budget Fastbreak. Waited in line once at Budget and will never do it again.

Thanks for the heads up. I might need to rethink the Budget option

My mid-SUV dropped again. $186 now. April 27-May 3. Alamo using Costco Travel site. My goal was Alamo under $200 so I am happy.
got down to 168 for a standard april 27--may 4 with costco code and AD8913MJR with alamo. used alamo site not costco so i could use coupon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter