APRIL 2022 W.I.S.H. - Springing into healthy living

Realistic, flexible and focused on the big picture
Love this quote. It's relating to sustainable way of thinking about weight management. There is so much in it, isn't it?

Grateful Thursday
I am grateful that the days are longer, and while colder than usual - we get some sunny dry days. I am grateful that I can work from home some days. I am grateful that I have healthy and tasty food in my fridge. I am grateful that we have heating - I hate the cold! I am grateful that I have office room. I am grateful that I am feeling better last few weeks. I had baked oats & chocolate chips from WW magazine and it was really lovely - I am grateful that I tried it as it's really good recipe to cook ahead and bring in office. I am grateful I heard the above quote as it will be good reminder that the focus has to be on the big picture. I am grateful that I can pop in here and share my thoughts and while I am not as regular lately - I always feel welcome!

Have a great Thursday all

Last edited:

I'm thankful to be going to the Orthodontist this morning. I'll get the next set of trays and he's going to put attachments on the teeth that need to move the most. And from now on I'll be doing a new tray every week, instead of two weeks which I am looking forward to.

I'm thankful that I put so much effort in to getting the house ready for Easter Brunch, because I've been able to enjoy it being nice and tidy all week with minimal effort, just picking up after myself.

I'm thankful that the fancy tulips I didn't get planted at the right time are trying to grow and bloom anyway.

I feel like I have been gone for awhile. I ended up taking a half day last Friday and going to the zoo with our friends and the twins for their first trip. On Saturday we needed to get all of our weekend stuff done and I needed to make some stuff for Easter. Sunday we went to DH family and then my moms. I am off all this week while the kids are on spring break. It has been a good week but bad as well. I have had a headache all week so a bit of a bummer to have on my week off. The beginning of the week we got snow and we will be close to 80 over the weekend. DS has being doing the driving part of his driving classes this week and has had 2 track meets. DD is just hanging with me for the most part and going with me to drop off and pick up DS.

DD is so much better now. We saw the psychologist this week and she agrees that the anxiety meds were probably making things worse. She seems to be back to her normal self.

We have also decided this week to get a dog. This will mostly be DD's dog. DH and I are not big animal lovers but DD put a whole PowerPoint together on getting one. It was really impressive and thorough. I am not sure when we will get one. It has to be the right dog and we might be leaning towards getting an older dog maybe one that was used for breeding and is done with breeding. My grandma was a breeder and would sell her dogs when she wasn't breeding them any longer. This will all be a big change for us. DD was really born to the wrong parents. This girl loves all animals. I can see her having a farm when she gets older so she can have all the animals that she wants.

We made it to our mini vaca destination! For anyone familiar with VT the notch pass is closed for the winter which meant we had to go in a huge semi circle and add 25 mins to our trip...plus most of the restaurants at the resort are on non-peak hours so dinner last night was an adventure. But we are here and the change of scenery is nice. Going to venture out in an hour or so to go to the coffee shop.

I really want to road trip someday from RI to WDW but after the 5 hour trip yesterday that dream trip will be put on the back burner for few years I think!

I was amazed though at the difference for packing for condo style vs hotel and spring/winter vs summer. I packed less bags for a full week in wdw vs 3 days here in VT. Jeans and sweatshirts take up a lot of room in a suitcase! And the fact DH just throws stuff in a bag...ugh.

We made it to our mini vaca destination! For anyone familiar with VT the notch pass is closed for the winter which meant we had to go in a huge semi circle and add 25 mins to our trip...plus most of the restaurants at the resort are on non-peak hours so dinner last night was an adventure. But we are here and the change of scenery is nice. Going to venture out in an hour or so to go to the coffee shop.

I really want to road trip someday from RI to WDW but after the 5 hour trip yesterday that dream trip will be put on the back burner for few years I think!

I was amazed though at the difference for packing for condo style vs hotel and spring/winter vs summer. I packed less bags for a full week in wdw vs 3 days here in VT. Jeans and sweatshirts take up a lot of room in a suitcase! And the fact DH just throws stuff in a bag...ugh.
Driving from Connecticut to Florida took us two days and one night in the Sleep Inn in North Carolina. We did it on our honeymoon in my non-air conditioned car with the windows wide open, and a few other times. It’s A LOT, but we saved money. I would probably never do it again now that we’re getting older and more spoiled. Those drives were adventures and gave us many stories to tell.

Driving from Connecticut to Florida took us two days and one night in the Sleep Inn in North Carolina. We did it on our honeymoon in my non-air conditioned car with the windows wide open, and a few other times. It’s A LOT, but we saved money. I would probably never do it again now that we’re getting older and more spoiled. Those drives were adventures and gave us many stories to tell.
When I was living in Washington DC my Niece, then 11 years old, flew out from Seattle and we drove down to WDW... it was only my second WDW trip. On the way down we did our overnight stop in Savannah. I don't remember where we stopped on the way back, but we always stayed in Days Inn's, including in Kissimmee. Man its funny to think back... that would have been 31 years ago!

Yesterday was another very challenging work day, and I am worn out. Some things have happened that actually made me angry, but I think I've worked thru it. My calendar is not full of meetings today, so that's good, but an issue that's been eating up all my time is still happening - ugh. And midday I have to make a presentation in a large meeting, not a big deal in itself but I expect to be talked over by a couple people, which is never fun.

Not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow, but it needs to be fun so I can let go for the day. Sunday afternoon I have to drop the car off at the auto shop and then my flight for my business trip is in the early evening, so Sunday isn't going to feel like a day off.

Yesterday was another very challenging work day, and I am worn out. Some things have happened that actually made me angry, but I think I've worked thru it. My calendar is not full of meetings today, so that's good, but an issue that's been eating up all my time is still happening - ugh. And midday I have to make a presentation in a large meeting, not a big deal in itself but I expect to be talked over by a couple people, which is never fun.

Not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow, but it needs to be fun so I can let go for the day. Sunday afternoon I have to drop the car off at the auto shop and then my flight for my business trip is in the early evening, so Sunday isn't going to feel like a day off.
:hug:

We have driven from Cleveland to WDW/Cocoa Beach 5 times. The first 3 we drove straight through each way. The last 2 we stopped in Kingsland, Georgia on the way down. The last trip we stopped in WVA on the way home. I couldn't make it home with the burns on my leg. I needed to get out of the car. Otherwise we would have drove straight through. It saves money but it is a long 18ish hour long drive.

Happy Friday everyone!!! Nice to read everyone’s updates-lots of fun things!!

@piglet1979 so glad your daughter is better! A headache for a week-ugh!! Is it a migraine? For about a year I suffered with migraines that would last days and be unresponsive to traditional prescription migraine pills. I would end up at urgent care to get a shot in my tush, always made it go away! After finally getting in with a neurologist I was put on a daily preventative and given a nasal spray for migraines and these things together really helped! Long winded way to say-I feel your pain and don’t be afraid to go to urgent care for help!!! Also so happy to hear about your dog decision!! You may want to look into fostering through a rescue before committing to one particular dog…let you DD get a feel for the responsibility of a puppy vs adult…test out sizes and temperaments, ect….kind of like a test drive :)

@ShannyMcB- excited about your vacation-sounds so fun!!! Your brave to do a 5 hour drive!! We don’t drive anywhere longer than 3 hours. I know it’s odd but with DDs back being so bad for so long she could not sit for long, so we started short flight or short drive trips and just got spoiled by not sitting in the car for long periods of time. I have enough childhood road trip memories to last me a lifetime LOL.

@Oneanne- rest up tomorrow you had a challenging week and only half a weekend to recover! Where is your business trip to (fingers crossed for somewhere warm)

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I have my nephews Tball tomorrow morning , niece and nephews bday party on the afternoon and nieces soccer in the evening! Luckily the weather is going to be nice.

We're visiting mother in law tomorrow. That's an almost three hour drive there and then back. We'll enjoy lunch (nachos and a salad) at our favorite restaurant. DH thought about going today while I was at work, but I told him I wanted a lunch out so he agreed to wait for Saturday!

SOCIAL SATURDAY SCAVENGER HUNT
How to play: Find the items listed & post your answers using photos, images, or words.

1. Something you love💗
2. Dream destination ✈️
3. Something on your wish list ✨
4. Something that gives you joy😁
5. Your favorite way to relax💆‍♀️
6. Your hobby🧶

Have fun!

C8BEA995-F240-49BD-BD68-650CC7AEBCE5.jpeg

I'm outside right now, so one pic will have to suffice (forgive the grouchy look - when I tried to get her to turn around for a photo, she thought I was going to make her go in 🤣)

Anyway, it's for #5 - favorite way to relax - a cup of coffee and time spent with a cat (either outside or in my lap).

For the rest:
#1 - something I love - Libraries
#2 - dream destination - probably Hawaii
#3 - wish list - new carpeting? (but I haven't wanted it badly enough yet to go through the hassle)
#4 - something that gives me joy - vacations!
#6 - a hobby - reading

SOCIAL SATURDAY SCAVENGER HUNT
How to play: Find the items listed & post your answers using photos, images, or words.

1. Something you love💗
2. Dream destination ✈️
6. Your hobby🧶

Have fun!
1. Something you love💗

These two very silly Girls, of course.

1650721609349.png

2. Dream destination ✈️
It's actually Europe at large, but the dream trip would start by going back to London because I have enough air miles on Alaska for a free ticket and they go there.

1650721551704.png

The main reason I've decided to keep my car longer is that I now want my next car to be a Hybrid which is a higher price point than I was saving for.

1650721727173.png

WDW usually gives me joy, but this last trip the gondolas were the highlight, I went to EPCOT every evening because I loved them so much.
1650721881082.png

Road trips and walks along the beach at Ft Warden in Port Townsend.

1650722148901.png

6. Your hobby🧶

Knitting.
1650722230793.png

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter