Votes: 4 14.3%
  • 5/2 Star Wars Nite

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • 5/7 Star Wars Nite

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • 5/9 Star Wars Nite

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
We’ll be there 4/27-4/29, staying at BW Park Place. A few questions…why are fireworks not listed on the calendar? They will have them on a Sunday night right? Only Fire of the Rising Moon is listed at 9:30. Also, for Monday 4/29 at DCA it says they are closing at 9 for a special ticket event from 9-1, what is that?
It’s not a Star Wars event?

Checking in for May 26- June 2! This will be our third time to DLR and our second time in a year! We are very excited and looking forward to all the special events!
Centrico and the new Mexican restaurant will be open. I’m not sure if they’re accepting reservations yet. But it’s within 60 days!

We’ll be there 4/27-4/29, staying at BW Park Place. A few questions…why are fireworks not listed on the calendar? They will have them on a Sunday night right? Only Fire of the Rising Moon is listed at 9:30. Also, for Monday 4/29 at DCA it says they are closing at 9 for a special ticket event from 9-1, what is that?
I'm interested to find out what's going on, because, although prices have fluctuated for hotels over the past nine months, the first night of our stay, Tues, April 30, has consistently cost *twice* what the other nights will cost, which seems crazy. Our stay includes the Friday and Saturday nights, but that Tuesday costs more.

I'm interested to find out what's going on, because, although prices have fluctuated for hotels over the past nine months, the first night of our stay, Tues, April 30, has consistently cost *twice* what the other nights will cost, which seems crazy. Our stay includes the Friday and Saturday nights, but that Tuesday costs more.

That one is likely caused by the Star Wars Night that evening

That one is likely caused by the Star Wars Night that evening
But if that was the reason, why no spike for Thurs, May 2, too? And the higher rates, while only affecting me in April 30, include April 28 and 29, too. Possibly more before that,but I wasn't pricing those days.

Centrico and the new Mexican restaurant will be open. I’m not sure if they’re accepting reservations yet. But it’s within 60 days!
Do DTD restaurants follow the 60 day reservation window? I thought they operated independently.

We just got back from our Disneyland trip! We had 3-day park hoppers with Genie+ Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (4/12-4/14).
  • We drove from Phoenix on Thursday and went to DTD when we got there. We got beers at the walk-up counter at GCH Craftsman Bar and nachos at the GCH Craftsman Grill.
  • Sadly missed the Star Wars snacks at the GCH lobby, it seemed like they closed up early.
  • We rope dropped Friday and did Hyperspace Mountain first - We actually made a list of everything we did on Friday, we did SO MUCH. We entered the Rise queue with a posted 40-minute wait and we were off the ride in 40 minutes!
  • We did a PhotoPass excursion at DCA on Friday and got at least one cute family photo. (I should have probably taken off my ears though!). Sadly, that's the only photo we got my husband and son (19) aren't big on pics so we didn't get any characters.
  • Didn't rope drop Saturday or Sunday but stayed almost to midnight both nights.
  • We ate all the Food & Wine goodies we wanted and had some great beers at the beer garden.
  • New things for us this trip: Toontown redo, MMRR, and Adventureland Treehouse. (Our last DLR visit was in December 2022, we had Magic Keys that year)
  • If you want a sweet treat late at night make sure you get it earlier, the churro cart at Town Square was closed well before Midnight and I swear we've gotten churros there around park closing in the past. My son tried to get Gibson Girl on Sunday night, the app said it was open until 12:30 but it was closed at 12:10.
I love going in April because the weather is usually great. It was cloudy and cool this time with a little bit of rain, I didn't get to show off my cute Disney shirts because I was in a sweatshirt and a windbreaker most of the time.

I didn't feel like it was too crowded or the waits were too long but you could see a crowd difference on Sunday, I'm guessing Enchant Keys weren't blocked. (We previously had Enchant Keys and our trips would be on Sundays and Mondays.) So don't be scared to go to Disneyland on a Friday or Saturday, both were great!

We stayed at Anaheim Desert Inn. Clean, comfortable, affordable, and great location!

Are you allowed to transfer Tickets to another person or do you just have to eat the tickets and have them go unused if you have to cancel? I have three tickets for April 23, but due to a family tragedy, I can no longer go and we had to cancel our vacation.

Are you allowed to transfer Tickets to another person or do you just have to eat the tickets and have them go unused if you have to cancel? I have three tickets for April 23, but due to a family tragedy, I can no longer go and we had to cancel our vacation.
Sorry you had to cancel. Hold onto your tickets. If you can use them some other time before they expire, you can simply make a reservation for a different day (assuming they are one-day tickets you might have to upgrade them to use on another day). If they expire, they will still hold their value, they will apply that value to new tickets.

If you would like someone else to use them, that is possible, the name on the ticket doesn't matter. They just wouldn't be able to scan in after you used the ticket and had your picture taken upon first entry.

Sorry you had to cancel. Hold onto your tickets. If you can use them some other time before they expire, you can simply make a reservation for a different day (assuming they are one-day tickets you might have to upgrade them to use on another day). If they expire, they will still hold their value, they will apply that value to new tickets.

If you would like someone else to use them, that is possible, the name on the ticket doesn't matter. They just wouldn't be able to scan in after you used the ticket and had your picture taken upon first entry.
We are going to keep our regular park tickets and use them another time but we had 3 tickets for the Star Wars event on the 23rd which are non refundable. I’m not sure what my options are to do with those tickets or if I just have to eat the cost of it and let the tickets go to waste. It’s disappointing that Disney doesn’t give you an option for this and you just end up losing the money you paid for it.

We are going to keep our regular park tickets and use them another time but we had 3 tickets for the Star Wars event on the 23rd which are non refundable. I’m not sure what my options are to do with those tickets or if I just have to eat the cost of it and let the tickets go to waste. It’s disappointing that Disney doesn’t give you an option for this and you just end up losing the money you paid for it.

Call and explain the situation. They may give you options you don't expect. I was able to give my Sweethearts Nite tickets to my in laws because of an injury.

Call and explain the situation. They may give you options you don't expect. I was able to give my Sweethearts Nite tickets to my in laws because of an injury.
That’s what I was thinking, but we live in WA and I don’t know anyone that could make the trip on short notice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter