Are people not fans of the Tim Tracker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, hold yourself to the same standards you expect others to be held to. Practice accountability. Therefore, I'll be waiting for apology videos from everyone taking this stance. If you don't make one then don't bother coming on here preaching because you have no leg to stand on.

I don't know them and don't follow any vloggers, but I don't agree with this 'same standards' thing. Or, rather, I do agree with the concept, but don't agree with your comment that, to be at the same standard, one has to post an apology video. The Trackers' "stupid thing" was a video, so using that modality to apologize makes sense. If my "stupid thing" is something that I said to my nephew or in front of friends, then my apology needs to be to him or them, not a public video.

I don't know them and don't follow any vloggers, but I don't agree with this 'same standards' thing. Or, rather, I do agree with the concept, but don't agree with your comment that, to be at the same standard, one has to post an apology video. The Trackers' "stupid thing" was a video, so using that modality to apologize makes sense. If my "stupid thing" is something that I said to my nephew or in front of friends, then my apology needs to be to him or them, not a public video.

Fair enough. My point, however, was in accountability. And someone simply saying they apologized doesn't prove anything. We need video as evidence.

Of course, this is all hypothetical. I don't legitimately expect anyone here to do such things. But the point is made. If one doesn't understand it, that's on them.

"Modality"... always a funny word ...

Apologizing doesn’t change the fact that they just let this stuff sit available on their “family friendly” channel until now. Did it really take people calling them out to realize that it was wrong?

They make their living now 100% from vlogging. You’d think they would have cared about their library of content a little more. Are they apologizing because they are truly sorry or because they’re sorry they could be dropped from media lists and lose their main source of income? Just shows really poor judgment to have had that kind of stuff on their channel, changed or not.

I have to believe Disney will drop them. I saw a video where she was asking if she could "catch gay" or something to that affect. Disney would not tolerate that.

But, I'm gonna keep harping on the accountability aspect. I haven't seen anyone offer an apology for treating someone a certain way in their lifetime or making a stupid decision. You have family and friends. They see your actions. I guarantee there is something everyone here has done that they probably wouldn't do again. Even as adults.

Umm, huh? How do you know what anyone here has done or apologized for? Your comparison here doesn't work. These are people who made vlogs that they were then paid for through ads in those vlogs. Apparently people have objected to some of these vlogs (which included offensive content) in the past, but they kept them up with ads generating revenue for them until this past week when the backlash threatened their livelihood.

I don't dislike them really. I just hope they will actually reflect on their behavior and make some changes for the better. No one can really know if their apology was genuine other than them.

This is a bit silly to me. I’ve said and done things in my past that I regret to this day. Stupid teenage stuff, mostly. But I haven't made an apology video for it.

I think everyone has done something that would fit this same bill. I don’t see everyone online offering apology videos for all their past transgressions. Heck, it seems the only ones who do on their own accord are the ones working a 12-step program (and they aren’t posting videos online). If all of you here taking the same stand regarding apologizing for things you've done then I expect full self-accountability: you make your video and share it here when you're done. Even better if you can capture your apology in person to the one(s) you offended.

As an aside, it seems that when someone does apologize for something the reaction is always the same: “why not sooner” or “doesn’t count; they only apologized because they were pressured to”. Even when your apology is sincere. And even when time since has shown they've changed. As is the case here.

Again, hold yourself to the same standards you expect others to be held to. Practice accountability. Therefore, I'll be waiting for apology videos from everyone taking this stance. If you don't make one then don't bother coming on here preaching because you have no leg to stand on.
The problem with your argument is that most people's livelihood doesn't revolve around having followers/subscribers watch their content. The Trackers' income directly stems from the number of views they have. If they garner a bad reputation, they will lose views. So it almost forces them to make an apology video explaining their position to save face. It would be irrelevant for a "normal" non-YouTuber person to make a video. I'm not saying the Trackers' apology was disingenuous, but rather why some people may perceive it that way and why they have different expectations in regards to this than a "normal" person would.

I have to believe Disney will drop them. I saw a video where she was asking if she could "catch gay" or something to that affect. Disney would not tolerate that.
The only thing Disney could do is no longer invite them to media events or send them comps. They don't pay them a salary and they don't work for Disney. That said, as long as the Trackers retain their large subscriber and viewer count, Disney will continue to include them on media events for the "free" publicity and exposure. It would be easy for Disney to say the Trackers' don't represent their views since Disney is not their employer.

The stupid teenage stuff excuse MIGHT work if we were talking about teens. They were in their 30s when they made those videos.

I don't consider these racial comments/acts as just stupid teen mistakes. If it were that simply we would see kids/young adults making the same "mistakes" in regards to people with special needs, medical conditions....

How is it possible that people can figure out not to mock people that may be autistic, are addicted to drugs, victims of abuse...can't figure out that the same rules apply in regards to race?

What the hell is an URBAN PARTY anyway???

I have never done anything RACIAL that I would have to apologize for.

I never wore white face. I never attend parties that were meant to poke fun at white people.

Doing and saying racial stuff is not a mistake. People only claim their actions/words around race are a mistake when they realize they are about to take a huge financial hit.

If you just watch their YouTube and don't follow them or their story in any other way then you might find their videos interesting minus the inappropriate ones. My DS used to follow when it was primarily Tim and he did have a unique spin on things. Then Jen became more prominent in videos and they slowly changed with many of them just being her sitting around at home while he worked. I know at that point my DS stopped watching them. They really wanted a piece of the Disney pie (they were mostly Universal) and on social media they seemed to really go after other Disney social media people and every few months there would be huge drama that Jen would start. It would get really ugly and she would stir up their fan base to attack people. I know in one instance the FBI was even contacted about her. I get that most people have no idea what happens other than some videos ... but there is a reason why so many feel the way they do. You could list tons of things here that they do that are counter productive. They have so many followers (legit or not I don't know) that they seem to think they can do no wrong and get upset when they get called out for some of their behavior. In this last instance of being called out they called to their base to sign up on twitter and attack people. So there you are with lots of brand new, no follower accounts playing their game.

There are lots of GREAT Disney/Universal YouTube accounts, websites, vloggers, bloggers and podcasts ... 99% of them don't resort to the behavior or content they do .....

I have no dog in the fight, I watch from the sidelines and am, wow, how they've gone this long behaving like they do is amazing. I do think Disney needs to cut ties with them as they have some other "fan sites" that have acted improperly. Not like Disney is highly dependent on any one source.

To me it's more "it took them 10 years to apologize?"

And they only apologized because people were calling them out in these times that they need to clean their house. They make plenty of money off of their YT videos ... including all the ones that are offensive and made when they were more than adult (30+ years old) to know better. Sadly these seem to be a reflection of who they are and there really is no excuse for it.

I cannot believe they kept content like that on their channel for so long. Stop acting like they’re some heroes for posting an apology. They only did after they were called out. They still knowingly had this nonsense out there. They’re just trying to save the channel at this point. With covid, they’ve taken a huge hit. They can’t afford backlash on this.

They were grown adults when they posted these videos. The “youth” excuse is weak.

I also can’t believe Disney hadn’t done their homework on their older videos before sending them on trips & cruises to post Disney content on their channel. I did PR for a very large company, sending products to vloggers for reviews. We did our homework making sure those who we sent products to demo didn’t have anything problematic on their channels. It’s working with influencers 101. I can’t believe Disney didn’t dig back and flag the problematic content before sending them on trips and to comped events.

ETA: Do I believe people can change? Yes. But if the Trackers thought any of their videos were problematic, I think they would have quietly taken them down on their own. I don’t think they saw anything wrong with them, and that’s why they were still on their channel in 2020. Regardless, they have positioned themselves as “family friendly” and it was so irresponsible to have that kind of insensitive and offensive content still available on their channel, whether they grew or not.

I watched the "apology" ........... I also saw like others that they monetized it. Really? They are professional YouTubers, they know how to film, edit and upload in a proper manner. They uploaded, knowing fully what they were doing, to make money off of it knowing that plenty would come watch their "apology." :sad2: Once again, others had to call them out of that for them to remove the monetizing.

The only thing Disney could do is no longer invite them to media events or send them comps. They don't pay them a salary and they don't work for Disney. That said, as long as the Trackers retain their large subscriber and viewer count, Disney will continue to include them on media events for the "free" publicity and exposure. It would be easy for Disney to say the Trackers' don't represent their views since Disney is not their employer.

Not in a direct sense but when they give people free vacations, free DVC and hotel rooms, free cruises, free food, free merchandise .... there is financial accountability. In a way they are like independent contractors paid in goods/services in exchange for good PR.

The stupid teenage stuff excuse MIGHT work if we were talking about teens. They were in their 30s when they made those videos.

I don't consider these racial comments/acts as just stupid teen mistakes. If it were that simply we would see kids/young adults making the same "mistakes" in regards to people with special needs, medical conditions....

How is it possible that people can figure out not to mock people that may be autistic, are addicted to drugs, victims of abuse...can't figure out that the same rules apply in regards to race?

What the hell is an URBAN PARTY anyway???

I have never heard of an "urban party", maybe because I've always lived around big cities ... but after I saw the video (wow) it is a party where everyone is making fun of black people. Stereotypes regarding clothing, dining, drinks, language, music ......... it was so bad. Even worse that one thinks it is appropriate to film, edit and upload.

So a gathering of 30+ old adults partying based on racial insults. :mad:

Last edited:
Not in a direct sense but when they give people free vacations, free DVC and hotel rooms, free cruises, free food, free merchandise .... there is financial accountability. In a way they are like independent contractors paid in goods/services in exchange for good PR.
Perhaps, but Disney doesn't have the same responsibility as they would a true employee or even a 1099 independent contractor. The Trackers covered Disney for years before they started getting the free stays/swag, and there's very little Disney could have done back then to stop them from covering their parks. Now, Disney could just stop sending them free stuff in exchange for the content/reviews, but considering they are one of the most followed vlog channels out there, I just can't see it happening. Disney rarely even acknowledges the bloggers/vloggers to begin with. Plus, I doubt Disney will take a big reputational hit if they choose to still invite the Tracker out after this.

Perhaps, but Disney doesn't have the same responsibility as they would a true employee or even a 1099 independent contractor. The Trackers covered Disney for years before they started getting the free stays/swag, and there's very little Disney could have done back then to stop them from covering their parks. Now, Disney could just stop sending them free stuff in exchange for the content/reviews, but considering they are one of the most followed vlog channels out there, I just can't see it happening. Disney rarely even acknowledges the bloggers/vloggers to begin with. Plus, I doubt Disney will take a big reputational hit if they choose to still invite the Tracker out after this.

I was only responding in that they are being paid for their reviews, and if it's enough in value they are reported to the IRS as such. Disney absolutely can drop them from their media list, and they can still report on Disney just like others do without perks. There are some great sites that proudly say they won't take anything free other than a media pass because they want to report how they feel. There are others, including a really big one, that have been removed from media list very publicly with zero harm to Disney.

What will harm Disney is it keeps getting shown and repeated that they give freebies to people who insult many of their guest demographic. I don't think any Tracker fan will stop going to Disney if they stop getting freebies. Times are changing drastically right now - every company needs to check the image they are putting out there, and who is officially representing them.

I was only responding in that they are being paid for their reviews, and if it's enough in value they are reported to the IRS as such.
every company needs to check the image they are putting out there, and who is officially representing them.
What they are receiving is compensation in a roundabout way, and its definitely reportable, but that's separate and apart from the relationship aspect with Disney, which will be a more important consideration if Disney reviews how to move forward with them. Disney does not promote them or advertise the affiliation on their end, so I'm not sure what quietly removing them from their media list would accomplish. Viewers may not even notice because the Trackers would likely still cover the parks, even if they no longer got free things. I also have to wonder how many people who knew of them and this transgression will truly boycott Disney if they don't sever the ties.

I agree all companies need to be image conscious, but I don't know the Trackers and this scandal that they have apologized for, which is only quasi-prevalent in the Disney die-hard communities, is a big reputational risk. If they worked for the Disney Parks Blog, the official Disney blog, then its a totally different story.

(Note: I'm not minimizing what the Trackers did - it was gross and ignorant; but, I do think people can learn and grow and am willing to see if their go forward actions speak louder than their words)

There are some great sites that proudly say they won't take anything free other than a media pass because they want to report how they feel.
This is a different topic that I know was covered a few pages back. But I don't fault any vlogger for taking the free things - the Dis Unplugged does it too. As long as the viewer understands they are watching a video where the event/room/ticket was free, then they can take in the content for informational purposes to make their own decision, rather than relying on a stranger's subjective opinion of good or bad.

I think it was something about how busy they were. That one didn't sit well with me either. I'm not as much of a fan of them anymore. I really like the Lodge Guys - very genuine, funny and there doesn't seem to be any bs with them. Much smaller following since they're relatively new, but their Disney trips are a lot of fun to follow along with. They live in the UK though so don't have as much Disney content as the vloggers who live in Orlando.

Yes!!! Love The Lodge Guys - 100% agree on your points. Leigh & Nick are my favorite couple and love to watch them even in their daily life.

I absolutely loved them. I mean I was a hard core Tracker fan, bought merch, and told all my friends to watch their vlogs. I came across their videos in the spring of 2018 and was hooked, watched every new blog, up until the last couple of weeks.

I recently found out about how Jenn mixes her business with personal social media accounts and how nasty she could be, especially on Twitter. I saw their older videos of controversy, which left a bad taste in my mouth, that were not 10 years old like they said in their apology, they were closer to 7 so not as old as they wanted you to think. The final straw for me was Sunday during their live stream. They were discussing why Tim was going to parks now(even though just a couple weeks ago they said Tim would not be going right away to the parks when they opened) but yet they still didn't feel comfortable about eating take out food. Jenn mentioned that people kept telling them to support local businesses during this time and she said, "It is not my job to support local businesses." That was my breaking point. I am not upset that they aren't comfortable eating out, to each his own, people need to do things when they are comfortable doing them during this pandemic. My issues was her attitude towards it. Isn't their whole livelihood based on people supporting them? It's not her job to support local. Well it is not my job to support them. I unsubscribed and won't be visiting their page any longer. I would much rather watch Molly from Allears, Adam the Woo, The DIS, or DFB.

I do not wish them any ill will. I wish them nothing but the very best, I just won't be following along anymore.

There are quite a few vloggers we watch...

Bookish Princess
View From The Cheap Seats
OyBy
The Lodge Guys
Will&Lelly
BeckyandLloyd
Krispy Smore
L & R Dreaming
TheDIS
TheTimTracker
PrinceCharmingDev

And many we've checked out and found for various reasons that they aren't our jam. There is so much content out there. Find what floats your boat and sail on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter