Are there any restaurants in WDW that you won't eat at?

Never in a million years did I ever think I would actually say there was someplace at WDW I would never eat at again but the time has actually come. Cosmic Ray's - which used to be a trusty stand by for us when we didn't have any ADRs.

Our last trip my 13 year old DS bit into his burger and a literal STREAM of brown liquid - not grease - came pouring out the bottom end. At first I thought it was just very greasy but I had a burger too and mine was not greasy AT ALL. I was puzzled because when I opened the bun to look at his burger it looked fine. So we just decided that it must have been grease from the bottom of the burger . . . until the exact same thing happened with his second bite. It was then that I noticed that his burger had an odd "hollow" look to it and when I examined it more closely I could actually pull the top and bottom parts of the burger apart but they were attached with odd meaty "strings" and inside was where the weird brown liquid was coming from - not grease but this strange brown "meat juice??" that was trapped inside that two pieces of meat that were held together with the stringy things. It was disgusting. We all completely lost our appetites and everything we ordered we ordered went straight into the trash.

I will say that the last two times we have eaten there I have noticed that their burgers don't taste quite "right" to me. Not saying there is something wrong with them, but I have had burgers at plenty of others places, both counter service and table service at WDW, and the burgers at Cosmic Ray's are the most unappealing in terms of taste to me. I have always put up with it because my son loved it because of Sunny Eclipse (and I usually ordered something else) but this time my son announced we were never setting foot in there again. I have the feeling that maybe they use a lower quality of meat for the burgers there because they go through so many in a typical day??

I haven't had an experience like that before there though and, had we not all completely lost our appetites, I would have taken it back and shown it to a CM. We are not the types to complain about food and my DS said it didn't taste like it was rotten or anything. I kept my eye on him for the rest of the day and he said he felt fine and never got sick (of course he only really swallowed one bite).

I might be horribly over-reacting though. I have changed the kinds of foods I buy for my family over the past year or so, so I think I am probably pickier now than I used to be. I find that my digestive system suffers in general when we visit WDW more than it used to and I have difficulty finding things that don't make me crave buckets of water afterward because of how much sodium is in everything.

Hollywood & Vine. there's so much there that's wrong I dont even have a place to begin. :sad2:

Hollywood & Vine
Tony's
Nine Dragons
Pizza Planet
I almost put Ohana on the list because the food was really quite awful last Fall. However, if I am honest, I would probably go back if someone in my party had to try it. I am really hoping that I just had a bad food night. However, for a pricey restaurant, the food should be consistently decent. There are so many great reviews that I can't believe the food is terrible every night!

We did a dinner Fantasmic package at Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano and had the worst Italian food of our lives. It was so awful. The other is Pizza Planet. The pizza was terrible and the tables and chairs had congealed food underneath which got on our clothes...YUCK! That was shocking, because usually WDW is very clean.

I have to say...I'm enjoying reading everyone's posts. There are some definite common themes. The one that is the most surprising to me is all of the people who don't like 50's Prime Time Café. We LOVE all of the crazy schtick. Granted, my family is made up of outgoing performers and teachers, and this is in our wheelhouse. Not to mention the fried chicken is the best we've had. Honestly, if it weren't for wanting to eat at 50's on every trip we've ever had, we probably would skip Hollywood Studios altogether and spend another day at MK instead. Well, everybody is different, and that is what makes the world go 'round.

My only no-no is Pizza Planet. Too loud, and that's for someone who used to live in arcades for hours, and subpar pizza.

ABC Commissary is at the top of my list. We've tried it 3 times, and I won't go back. Dry, tasteless and cold are good descriptions of what we were served. :sad2:

It certainly appears that most people are selecting Cosmic Ray's a the most-popular-least-popular place. Honestly, this has caught me by surprise. Cosmic Ray's was always one of our staples - enough variety for a large group, decent counter service, air conditioned with a little show to boot. That said, I'll have to reconsider in the future.

Otherwise, definitely agree with all the ABC Commissary, Prime Time and Hollywood and Vine submissions!

I am surprised so many people are saying 50's Prime Time Cafe. It is a staple for my family. But we also love the whole act and have had the same server there for ever. When we go we share baby photos etc. so it really is like a cousin or whatever plus the fried chicken and pot roast are amazing.

I will never eat at Chef Mickey's again. I had breakfast there and threw up after it. I don't know if it was related to Chef Mickey's but because it happened so soon after eating there I kind of relate it with that so it puts me off.

Never tried and no desire to try:

Crystal Palace
Tonys
Sci Fi
Coral Reef

Tried and Didn't Enjoy but People Like:

Big River Grille (I did like the beer though)

ABC Commissary is at the top of my list. We've tried it 3 times, and I won't go back. Dry, tasteless and cold are good descriptions of what we were served. :sad2:

Never eaten there :). But we routinely drop in for nothing more than two Coke's with Ice :). Hard to screw that up :).

I won't go back to Peco's Bills. It was really disappointing. We had a Taco Salad, the quality was worse than Taco Bell. IMO there are much better options in the MK.

HDD.... food wasn't good and it was too expensive
Whoa - what?!?? The Hoop-Dee-Doo? That's a classic. The food is good enough (fried chicken is very good) with sangria and beer included. If you go with a large group it's worth every penny.

I get sooo tired of the Chef Mickeys bashing......excellent food

I guess the other side could say I"m sooo tired of the Chef Mickey praising.....terrible food. :goodvibes

It's simply a matter of opinion. Some such as yourself will say excellent food and others such as myself will say it is among the worst in Disney. Who's right and who's wrong? Both are right and both are wrong. ::yes::

They may have been having a bad day but food at HDD was lousy when we were there

I think the only place we have been that I definitely will NOT revisit is Nine Dragons in Epcot. It's not that the food is horrible, but it was not at all any better than standard $10 Chinese take-out you can get anywhere in a America, but at a much higher cost. When we went on our honeymoon 8 years ago, it was the first visit since childhood for both of us so we had no idea what a big deal ADRs were. It was the only place with tables on the entire World Showcase (we started in Mexico and walked all the way around, passing China the first time and then had someone in Canada tell us that we could probably get a table at Nine Dragons). There is a reason for this. There are so many awesome places to eat in Epcot. This is not one of them.

Nine Dragons has been listed in this thread a lot. I have never eaten there, but have grabbed a quick meal at the Lotus Blossom Cafe which I would equate to generic, mall food court Chinese food...they would be better off with a Panda Express sponsorship.

HDD.... food wasn't good and it was too expensive

HDD is one event we've never forgiven my mother for booking. Granted it was '79 or '84, too long ago to review the food (I do remember my parents didn't like it), but we hated the show...it was a nightmare to sit though and I still have horrible flashbacks whenever it gets mentioned. I can't believe it still runs and people still enjoy it.

I've never eaten there. My daughter and her family eat there every year. She said it's not great but they love the characters and always have a family photo taken there. I asked her how can a buffet be that bad, so many choices. I love buffet's. I don't think I'll hate it. Looking forward to trying it no matter what the reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter