Are there any restaurants in WDW that you won't eat at?

I'm so disappointed by what Le Cellier has become. $10 for a bowl of soup (which was lukewarm, lumpy and salty the last time we ate there). $49 for a small filet with risotto. $9 for a creme brûlée. Give me a break. Before they went to 2 credits, prices were about 60% of that, and the food quality was better. DW and I ate there last year, and sadly we had to agree that we won't be back.

I'm so disappointed by what Le Cellier has become. $10 for a bowl of soup (which was lukewarm, lumpy and salty the last time we ate there). $49 for a small filet with risotto. $9 for a creme brûlée. Give me a break. Before they went to 2 credits, prices were about 60% of that, and the food quality was better. DW and I ate there last year, and sadly we had to agree that we won't be back.
Le Cellier hasn't hit my "won't eat at" list, but we rarely do eat there any more for exactly the reasons you stated above. If we're gonna pay that much for a meal, we'll go to Citricos or Flying Fish.

Due to personal preference,

We will not eat at Character Buffet lunch or dinners, I just do not enjoy the selection of foods which we have tried every one of them on property.

There are several restaurants that the menu does not appeal to me, so I will not try or go to these and then there are several that the menu does not appeal to my family Members so we do not go to those.

I will never return to Sci-Fi in my life unless forced to do so by my family or someone I am on vacation with. I can't get that dirty booth out of my mine.

I want to add Le Cellier as well food was good but I do not need rude hostesses every time we go. I expect to be treated nice while spending that much money on vacation and at Mickey's world. Everyone else can deal with the rude hostess, I will go to another restaurant on property.

Last edited:
I won't eat at Victoria & Albert's. I don't care if the food is great and the atmosphere and experience are awesome. I'm just not going to pay that much for a meal.

Also won't go to 50s Prime Time. Don't care to subject myself to the shtick.

Places I've eaten at and most likely won't return:

California Grill. Some good or even great things, but they're trying too hard and missing the mark on many others. Not worth the price for such a crapshoot.

Le Cellier. Mediocre at best, downright disgusting for a few items.

Tony's Town Square and Mama Melrose. They make Olive Garden look great.

Chef Mickey's. I was "forced" to go against my will and couldn't wait to leave. Horrible food, rotten service, dirty, loud, all-around disaster.

I don't go to Disney for food. Even when we stayed on site, about half our meals were taken elsewhere.

Although there are some restaurants that I haven't been to because their menus don't appeal to me, I wouldn't refuse to at least try them, if someone else in our party wanted to.

But there are a very few that we have tried that I would absolutely refuse to return to: H&V, Coral Reef, and Chef Mickey.

Only one Restaurant I won't go back to: Biergarten. Food was terrible (I usually like German food), waitress was below standard and sloppy drunks everywhere, including one who decided it was a good idea to grab a microphone during the entertainment and drop a f-bomb.

Sci-Fi Dine In. I thought the atmosphere was cute and the milkshake was tasty, but the menu and food quality left a lot to be desired. I left hungry after barely touching my meal. Not again!

I hate to say "never", because I don't think there is any place I wouldn't go if someone I was with really wanted to try it. There are a few that I am in no hurry to go to:
--T Rex - just too loud and not my thing
--Nine Dragons - the menu does not appeal to me at all
--Teppan Edo - seems like any other hibachi restaurant
--Hollywood & Vine, Chef Mickey's, Tony's Town Square - just going by the bad reviews
--Prime Time and Whispering Canyon - don't like the "participatory" aspect

Never again....Tokyo Dining, meal was horrible my fish tasted like gasoline. 1900 Park Fair, hate dinner-worst food ever but I the love breakfast. Other than that, we have had some hit or miss meals but nothing that was just plain horrible like those two.

'Ohana-overcooked meat, terrible service, 90+ minute wait past ADR time-both times we tried it.
CRT-mediocre food, high prices, tip included makes for poor service, okay character interaction, DH found hair in his food and they didn't care at all.
Rainforest AK-mediocre food, broken fountain for 2 years, pay for atmosphere and get seated almost in giftshop, bad service.
Tusker House-poor food quality, poor buffet replenishment, started closing restaurant before we even had drinks.

I've seen many threads on the best restaurants, etc. - but rarely do I see threads on the worst. Are there any restaurants, counter or table service, that you absolutely avoid?

For me, it's T-Rex. I mean, we've never eaten there - it just seems so noisy that we've not even entertained it. Our perception could be completely wrong - but I'm thinking not.

Il Mulino - Bad food, overpriced, doesn't live up to the name

Tony's - bland pasta with NO WINE.

The Plaza - They messed up burgers and fries. Congrats, that is a rare achievement.

Cosmic Rays - It's all so gross and bland.

Ate at Ohana recently and, while the food was good, it felt like running a marathon. There was no relaxation to the meal. The food came constantly from the second we sat down. After a long day at the parks, I would personally enjoy something a little slower and relaxing.

We've never been to 50's Prime Time, but we probably never will. I know that everyone in my family would be uncomfortable with the interactions. Hollywood & Vine is one we'll never return to - the restaurant seemed dirty and the food was just "meh".

Wow! I know this is a worst food thread...but after reading through this I wonder what people do like? It sounds like most of the food at multiple restaurants is just bad. I love most of the restaurants....I always manage to find something I like. I did list the ones I don't care for earlier in this post. And...I love the buffet's. How can you go wrong with multiple food choices?

Shutters @ Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. I typically stay at this resort, so it is disappointing they do not have a better dining option.

BOG Dinner.

Never again. Three times I have gone, three times I have hated it. The only worse steak I've ever had was at Applebees. I seriously don't understand the hype. I'll stick to lunch when the food is actually okay. Also, never Chef Mickeys for anything but breakfast, and only because it's hard to screw up breakfast.
-
We do a lot of Sigs for dinner. Also big fans of Crystal Palace (but mostly because I'm Pooh obsessed), Boma, and Rose & Crown.

I've seen many threads on the best restaurants, etc. - but rarely do I see threads on the worst. Are there any restaurants, counter or table service, that you absolutely avoid?

For me, it's T-Rex. I mean, we've never eaten there - it just seems so noisy that we've not even entertained it. Our perception could be completely wrong - but I'm thinking not.
We will never again darken the entrance of Coral Reef. The place smells damp and musty and the food is bland. Narcoossee's will have a hard time ever seeing another of my dimes. We ate there 3 years ago for our anniversary and the fish was dry, our waiter let us go for 20 minutes without drink refills (the place was empty to boot), and the cost just isnt justified for that kind of experience.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter