Are there any restaurants in WDW that you won't eat at?

50's Prime Time. I don't really have the personality to "deal" with that kind of server. Although, I think you can tell them that you don't want the full act but that place just doesn't appeal to me even food wise.

I've seen many threads on the best restaurants, etc. - but rarely do I see threads on the worst. Are there any restaurants, counter or table service, that you absolutely avoid?

For me, it's T-Rex. I mean, we've never eaten there - it just seems so noisy that we've not even entertained it. Our perception could be completely wrong - but I'm thinking not.

We will never go back to Tony's Town Square. Such a shame for such a prime real estate restaurant to offer such sad food...

1) T-Rex tops my list of places to avoid
  • Poor Service
  • Cafeteria-/Olive Graden-quality food
  • Cheap feel to the "ambiance"
  • Crowded and loud
Actually, I've always found the Rainforest Cafe(s) similar, I have been disappointed at every meal at one

2) Coral Reef. It has been inconsistent since the day it opened but no meal there was ever a good eno9ugh for the price

3) ABC Commissary. Bad, just bad. The food here is equivalent to some of the worst amusement parks worse offerings.

I've had bad meals at other places, especially counter service, and I've had greatly overrated meals (BOG), but these three places left a permanent impression (and in the case of T-Rex, maybe even a little food poisoning). As for places I wouldn't even try...not sure if I have one yet, typically I avoid any counter-service that just handles things like generic burgers/chicken sandwiches/pizza.

Cosmic Rays. Everything was bland and dried-out. The chicken was shriveled and looked like it had been sitting out under heat lamps for ages. Even the kids' turkey sandwich was inedible.

As for BOG - we ate there for lunch last September and the food was fantastic. Guess we got lucky there.

Actually, I've always found the Rainforest Cafe(s) similar, I have been disappointed at every meal at one

Have you tried the Lava Lounge at the DTD location?

Granted it won't change your opinion on the food quality and probably the service, but it's outside on the water. A lot less crowded and loud and you can watch Saratoga Springs/DTD. You can also normally walk right up and get a table which makes the whole experience much better than inside.

There are some that don't interest me, and some that never seem to get high enough on the list and some that fall in and out of favor. I used to do Brown Derby every trip but after a couple time with poor service I haven't been back in years: lately Teppan Edo has been an every trip but the last meal was somehow flat, I think because the server didn't work the table at all and there were a couple young boys who loved eating there and learned some Japanese but they didn't get a chance to interact with her. The food was as good as ever, but I left thinking 'I'm done for a while'. I try to do a couple new places each trip - Raglan Road has jumped to the top of list and I still haven't had the waffles-and-chicken, even though it's been on the list the past three trips.

Have you tried the Lava Lounge at the DTD location?

Granted it won't change your opinion on the food quality and probably the service, but it's outside on the water. A lot less crowded and loud and you can watch Saratoga Springs/DTD. You can also normally walk right up and get a table which makes the whole experience much better than inside.

Honestly, I only get back to WDW every few years at best. This year we are headed to DLR at part of a trip back to L.A. (where we lived for years) and then next year in looks like Paris (with a day a DLP) because our son is already going to Europe. But, WDW DTD at night? I doubt we'll ever do it again. In the daytime, transportation to/fro is able, crowds are manageable, and we can find parking if we want to drive, but at night it could mean 1+ hour wait for a bus back to the resort.

Honestly, I only get back to WDW every few years at best

If that's the case, even if the traffic situation ends up being corrected at Disney Springs it's not worth it then. It's still Rainforest Cafe. If you've been to one you've been to all of them.

Especially with the new additions DS is getting, it just makes it so not worth it.

If that's the case, even if the traffic situation ends up being corrected at Disney Springs it's not worth it then. It's still Rainforest Cafe. If you've been to one you've been to all of them.

Used to live down the street from one. Went from huge lines to no lines in months and after years of being half empty, finally went out of business.

But for 6 days/5 nights every 3 to 4 years...I'll stick to the parks and hotels.

Last edited:
For us Chefs de France had snobby staff and lukewarm uninspired food.
Coral Reef had a funny stale odor, but a really sweet staff, we're still not likely to go back.
50's Prime Time my husband did not dig the act and food is uninteresting.

Most everywhere else we've been though we really enjoyed. :)

We were pleasantly surprised by Chef Mickey's. I wonder if it was because we were there first thing in the AM before it could get too crazy.

Chef Mickey's, Boma's, and Coral Reef are the three I will not go back to. Too many times of bad service and bad food.

I think the only place we have been that I definitely will NOT revisit is Nine Dragons in Epcot. It's not that the food is horrible, but it was not at all any better than standard $10 Chinese take-out you can get anywhere in a America, but at a much higher cost. When we went on our honeymoon 8 years ago, it was the first visit since childhood for both of us so we had no idea what a big deal ADRs were. It was the only place with tables on the entire World Showcase (we started in Mexico and walked all the way around, passing China the first time and then had someone in Canada tell us that we could probably get a table at Nine Dragons). There is a reason for this. There are so many awesome places to eat in Epcot. This is not one of them.

I see so many people down on BOG. Have you tried the lamb??? We have to go every time just to get that. The mussels app is also totally great. Their dessert, however, does leave something to be desired. Other than that, I think it is by far the best choice in MK. I think it is crazy that the Plaza Restaurant is TS location. When are the going to refurb that into a desirable place to eat?

Any of the signature dining locations :bored:

I'm sure they're lovely, but I have neither the interest, nor the money for that kind of thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter