Are there any restaurants in WDW that you won't eat at?

Agree.

Also BOG. Forgettable food in a big, nicely themed but noisy and crowded barn.

We also won't pay for signatures. I've never had a $100+ meal that was worth that much money. Its only food.

Love the character buffets. You get some fun with the food. Love the CS restaurants in WS. I'd rather have Tangerine Cafe and Yorkshire Co FS than Le Cellier.

I'm just the opposite, I would gladly (and do) pay more for a signature restaurant than paying a little less for mass produced buffet food. And actually the character buffets are not all that less than a signature restaurant and in some cases more. And because it's only food, it's not worth paying $30-$45 for average food along with the fun. But to each their own. That's what makes the world go round.

However, I will agree with you 100% with BOG.

la hacienda for me. I was excited for that one. Got a horrible server. Completely forgot my kids meal. He was then annoyed when I reminded him of it. All the food came out cold. Server seemed completely annoyed to fix it. It's probably the only meal I can ever say I never left a tip at. It's super hard to get a former waiter to skip a tip entirely.

We've only tried La Hacienda once and our experience was similar. I'd like to try it again but the rest of my family would rather just stick to San Angel.

It's a shame you've both had bad experiences. I've been multiple times and most recently booked so that our food would arrive right as IllumiNations was ready to start.

I've seen that fireworks show dozens of times and I was nearly in tears watching it this time around. The food is always fantastic and I've never had a bad server. Maybe tired but never bad.

I think my closest would have to Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie and Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar.

Both tend to have snooty servers, TGWC more so than LHBP. I've actually had good interactions with the French CMs, can't really say the same for any of the Italian CMs any time I've ever gone.

I still go to LHBP nearly every trip because it's the only WS restaurant open for breakfast but service is usually slow, food choices are spotty/not available, and I've been charged for stuff I never ordered at least twice. The coffee is still that disgusting Nescafe too.

I wish WDW would get off their butts and open some other countries for breakfast. Please Iger, I'm begging you, open the UK up for breakfast!

I had heard rave reviews for Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar from a podcaster I won't name (don't want to break any rules around here) who has never led me wrong before. Ended up spending nearly $100 for four drinks, four bone dry breadsticks, and a plate of about 12 ultra-thin slices of cured meats and cheese. I'm in fairly good shape, can't eat whole portion sizes that you get at your local Applebee's, and actually appreciate expertly cooked small plates but this was flipping ridiculous! Unless we really messed up our order it is so totally not worth it.

And I'll add unremarkable CS locations (burgers, chicken burgers, fries, and the like) to places I avoid and character meals because I feel just too awkward, as a group of two young adults, to eat at the Princess buffet. :o

The Parisian breakfast for F&W also kind of sucked but we were at a table with two people (didn't realize we'd be seated with others so that was a surprise) who refused to talk to us. My gf and I are awkward people but we tried our hardest to hold a conversation and only received monosyllabic answers in return.

Last edited:
For me it's the Yachtsman Steakhouse. I ordered my steak medium-rare, and when I received it, the outside was charred to the point of being inedible. A table near us had an issue with their steak that night as well. The waiter was so focused on fixing his issue, that he didn't see me every time I tried to wave him over. When he finally got around to checking on our table, the person I was with had already finished their meal. I told him that my steak was burned on the outside, and it was clear I had only eaten one bite, but the waiter just picked up my plate like I was done my meal and walked off. I feel like he didn't care as we used dining credits and were their during a period when they were offering free dining (this was back when tips were covered under the dining plan), however we had paid for the dining plan as we were staying DVC. I expected more from a Signature Restaurant.

I'm wondering if H&V is the closest to a consensus as you'll get on this subject. Pretty much everywhere else you'll find people that love places that others vow never to return to.

I've seen Crystal Palace mentioned a couple times and while we've only been once since it became a buffet growing up it was my Dad's favorite place to eat. I'll never forget how disappointed he was to find out it was changing before and after we ate there for the last time.

I for the life of me can't figure out who goes in planet Hollywood?

I forgot about this. Yeah, never going back there, either. Tables are all stuffed in and the leg of my chair was into the walkway, servers kept bumping me as they went past. Just terrible. Don't even remember what I ate, sure it was just something you could get anywhere.

Love this thread...am trying to figure out where we are eating since we haven't tried any of them! We have eaten at t Rex and will be going again. The noise doesn't bother me. Surprisingly our meal was very good!

I would only go back to Chefs de France if they brought Remy back. Otherwise, never again.

Also, I'd only do BOG for dinner to meet Beast, otherwise I'll pass. The food just wasn't that good.

We went to TRex about a year and a half ago and it's the one place so far in Disney I will absolutely NOT go back to. So so food and incredibly loud. Just constant bleeding eardrum loud. Somehow my three year old daughter sleep through dinner.

I actually thought Crystal Palace was pretty good for a buffet.

It can have the beards food in the world, if it is too loud no thanks

This thread is so interesting! I must have very low standards, because I can't think of any restaurant I absolutely wouldn't return to at WDW. There are a few I'm ambivalent about. The first is Hollywood & Vine. It seemed dirty to me. My husband loved Garden Grill and wants to go back, but I did that LAND ride just before and saw the fish tanks....couldn't eat for most of the meal after that. Cosmic Rays was kind of a desperation meal for us, we went in to get out of the rain.

we wouldn't go back to the coral reef. way too long of a wait with an ADR, food average at best (disunplugged has a PERFECT review of it, very similar to our experience, minus the sweaty people as we went in december). we really liked h&v, one of our favourite buffets!! food was fresh and hot, good variety and while my kids are older and had no interest in the characters, our server tony was lovely.

wouldn't eat at that QS pinoccio joint at MK again. blech. herded like cattle, bland food, horrible dessert. we liked the wave, good stuff there for everyone and really enjoyed the california grill. love this thread, great opinions for our upcoming trip staying close to epcot this time.

There are a few we don't eat at any more because they have gone a little sub-par but I'm not going to say I absolutely wouldn't eat there again.

Tony's - it used to be tradition for DS and I to eat there every trip, we stopped going because the food just kept going down hill.

Rainforest Cafe - we used to love to go there when DS was little added benefit right at AK. Last time we went, food was just so/so, service was horrible and it was just too loud.

Sanaa - I know everyone loves this place but for us it was a disaster. Our meal took 2 1/2 hours, not because it took us that long to eat or that we were enjoying the place, our server was so bad we actually had to wait 1/2 after she brought our bill to pay the darn thing. Normally we wouldn't rule out a restaurant because of one bad service experience if the food was good but for us, it was just so/so.

Canada at Epcot. We tried it at dinner before it was the place to eat at and it was just o.k. We tried it again at lunch and again, no big deal.

I don't do buffets, just don't do them. Not worth it for me since 9 out of 10 times I'm eating an app for a meal or a kid's meal since I just can't eat a lot. I don't do character meals, there tends to just be too much chaos going on for me.

If it were up to me I wouldn't eat at Prime Time, not a fan of the servers fussing, love the decor though. There is rarely anything on the menu I like, what I do get is usually o.k. My DIL loves the place so we do eat there if she requests. I do like the bar area.

I wouldn't rule out anywhere based on other people's opinions, restaurants and tastes are just so subjective that I'm of "try it first" mind.

I've seen many threads on the best restaurants, etc. - but rarely do I see threads on the worst. Are there any restaurants, counter or table service, that you absolutely avoid?

For me, it's T-Rex. I mean, we've never eaten there - it just seems so noisy that we've not even entertained it. Our perception could be completely wrong - but I'm thinking not.
I love T-Rex! It is noisy, just like Rainforest, but the theme is pretty and the food is excellent!

I will try any place at least once to judge for myself if I like it or not (never understand when people won't even try a place because someone else said they had a bad experience) I'm not crazy about Le Cellier (have been a few times) and don't go when I'm making the plans, however if someone else wants to go I'll find something.

I would never eat at Teppan Edo again. There are much better Hibachi restaurants near where I live for a much lower cost. I would also never go to BOG breakfast again. The service was terrible. The staff gave a lot of attitude about answering questions. The food was mediocre.[/QUOTE
Agree with Teppan Edo. Watching the chefs prepare the food was fun but the food was so bland....no flavor at all. Tried it once for the experience, would never go back.

Okay...here is my two cents....and like everyone else, some people will love and hate these choices. That said....there isn't one place I thought was terrible, just not a choice for the future. 1. Coral Reef. Not enough choices on the menu to my liking. The food is just okay. The atmosphere was very pretty. 2. Kona. The service there was ridiculously slow. Portions are small. Food was good. 3. San Angel. This is a tough one. This is my favorite restaurant for atmosphere. I just love it there. The backdrop is beautiful. I feel like I'm eating in Mexico. But...the food is just okay. And the selections are limited. 3. Columbia Harbor House. This is as close to fast food at you can get. Portions are good. Plenty of tables. But...it is fast food. 4. Teppan Edo. Food is very bland. Watching the chefs prepare is cool, but the food has no flavor...really...just no spices at all. 5. Tutto Italia. The place is pretty. The menu is limited. I just don't care for Italian food. And it wasn't very good. So....that is my list of restaurants I will not do again. Here are my favorites: 1. Boma. Great atmosphere! Multiple selections. Amazing dishes that are quite unique compared to other restaurants....and you can still eat traditional foods if you are a picky eater. So something there for everyone. 2. Whispering Canyon. Fun atmosphere! Very entertaining. Great food. Love the barbeque meat and beans. Cobbler is amazing. 3. Poly. Beautiful place, great food, everything was so good....just can't say anything negative. 4. Cape May Café. I love the buffet. Many, many choices. It is just so yummy. Not my favorite for atmosphere though. It's just plain. 5. Crystal Palace. This one seems to be on many people's bad list. I just love it. I like that it is at MK, since there are only a couple places there to have nice sit down meals. I love the choices. It is a very pretty place. No matter what, I find at least something to enjoy whether it is a favorite restaurant or not. Bon a petit' to you all!.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter