Are you still getting take-out?

Do you still get take out?

• Yes, we get take out

Votes: 178 88.6%
  • No, we do not get take out

Votes: 23 11.4%

• Total voters
Right. We said the same thing. I commented because the earlier post of "You have to inhale the virus through your throat to catch it" implied that one could not get it from a surface. As we both now seem to agree and understand, one can get it from a surface, but its main form of spread is close person to person contact. We just have to make sure low risk is not confused with no risk. And at the moment, they have not put out any specific studies on the risk from the virus directly sitting on food that has already been cooked and then being consumed. We can only understand the risk from the surface of the containers at the moment. One could touch the container and if the virus is on it and then they then touch their mouth or eyes, they could possibly get the virus. This is a way to get it but not the most likely way. (Again, disclaimer, not a medical professional, stating CDC recommendation).

Last edited:
I don't see it as the same for some reason. The thought of someone's hands (or gloved hands) directly on my burger just makes me a bit uncomfortable right now, vs whatever i purchase in the supermarket is either washed (fruits or veggies) or cooked by me, or packaged elsewhere, probably by a machine.
Fair enough. Its definitely a subjective view, and everyone's risk tolerance will be different. From my perspective, the chance of me catching the virus from a presumably gloved and masked person making my food and a second gloved/masked person handing me my food feels like its less than all the many people and things I come in contact with during a trip to the grocery store. The products and food have been handled by employees, other customers, sit on dirty conveyor belts, then sit in my reusable grocery bags which then sit in my car. Plus the dirty credit card machine and grocery carts. Even if I'm diligent about washing my hands, my bags, and all the products right when I get home, that's still a lot of contact and exposure in between. It feels like more than I would incur by getting takeout.

So here in my neck of the woods, Winter Garden Florida...

We have ordered out, picked up and had delivery, and we have already been eating out... yes Dine in.

My question is what is the difference in getting grocery delivered than getting food delivered, or picked up...
The same thing that can happen in the kitchen, or while foods are being delivered can happen to or when your grocery being delivered...or even shopping for grocery in person for that matter...

Nothing is ever 100%, -

We have ordered out, picked up and had delivery, and we have already been eating out... yes Dine in.

My question is what is the difference in getting grocery delivered than getting food delivered, or picked up...
The same thing that can happen in the kitchen, or while foods are being delivered can happen to or when your grocery being delivered...or even shopping for grocery in person for that matter...

Nothing is ever 100%, -
You can get groceries and takeout contact less....not contact with another person. You can also microwave the takeout to kill any germs and serve on your own dishes. Less risk of transmission with the less people you are around. That is why it is called social distancing. You keep your distance from other people.

You can get groceries and takeout contact less....not contact with another person. You can also microwave the takeout to kill any germs and serve on your own dishes. Less risk of transmission with the less people you are around. That is why it is called social distancing. You keep your distance from other people. If people,would just do this, maybe less families would lose loved ones.

Fair enough. Its definitely a subjective view, and everyone's risk tolerance will be different. From my perspective, the chance of me catching the virus from a presumably gloved and masked person making my food and a second gloved/masked person handing me my food feels like its less than all the many people and things I come in contact with during a trip to the grocery store. The products and food have been handled by employees, other customers, sit on dirty conveyor belts, then sit in my reusable grocery bags which then sit in my car. Plus the dirty credit card machine and grocery carts. Even if I'm diligent about washing my hands, my bags, and all the products right when I get home, that's still a lot of contact and exposure in between. It feels like more than I would incur by getting takeout.

I think it's also worth nothing that we all have different perspectives based on where we live. I am in one of the states with the most cases so everything feels contaminated right now.

Just curious, are you still buying fresh berries, and if so, how do you wash them. We have only been buying fruits with skin to peel. I miss my berries.

I do buy berries and things that aren't able to be peeled. I just rinse them and don't go crazy though, I do have the draw the line somewhere and my small kids eat berries and grapes daily.

Nothing is ever 100%, -
Nothing is 100%. But let's be honest, dine-in has always been the riskiest on the lsit.

I think it's also worth nothing that we all have different perspectives based on where we live. I am in one of the states with the most cases so everything feels contaminated right now.
I live in New York, which has the highest number of cases and was one of the most restricted. I think my perspective is also attributed to take-out being one of the few "normal" things we could actually do and look forward to for the last two and a half months.

Not really. But not so much because of the virus, but because it is expensive! We are not a family who goes out to eat a lot (mainly special occasions) and we were just spending way too much money on food, including tipping well to try and help out). We are basically back to our usual once in awhile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter