• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are you still getting take-out?

Do you still get take out?

• Yes, we get take out

Votes: 178 88.6%
  • No, we do not get take out

Votes: 23 11.4%

• Total voters
What has everyone been tipping? At first we were doing our fave local places and tipping 20% to try and help out. But we can't do that for 3 months so we're now tipping like 10-15%.

More than 20%- I am making way more on unemployment than when I was working so being they are out there working during this crap I am feeling very grateful and generous.

Yes, we've continued to do take-out. We got our go-to meal (Kung Pao Beef, no baby corn, extra spicy, 1 egg drop soup, 1 egg roll) from our local Chinese carryout place Saturday.

We're tipping extra--we hope these places will be able to stay in business, and every bit helps, or at least I hope it does.

What has everyone been tipping? At first we were doing our fave local places and tipping 20% to try and help out. But we can't do that for 3 months so we're now tipping like 10-15%.
We typically tip 20 to 25% all the time. The pandemic hasn't changed that. If anything, we feel like we need to tip more, because we don't order takeout or delivery as often as we did pre-Covid-19.

Depends on what it is. I tip a bit higher for larger orders of sushi and such. We pick up our food, so I don’t mind tipping the restaurant staff since I don’t pay delivery fees on top of everything else.

We have done take out about two times a week which is way more than we usually would dine out. We had our first “ dine in” last Friday night . It was lovely! We are tipping 20-25 now.

We've only done take out a very few times - no more than before the virus. I love to cook so being home cooking is fine with us. Haven't had any issues on getting groceries we need. We usually ate out once a week minimum, sometimes twice, so we have missed that, but really small potatoes.

Tonight was the first time we have gotten take out since probably February and that was a pizza from a local restaurant. We have not gotten any fast food either.

Restaurants here are allowed to reopen, but several close to us have announced they will continue take out only. These are small restaurants and they say it isn't practical to reopen the dine in areas with the reduced capacity the state required.

Same very close to ordering pizza tonight. Apparently, Pizza Hut had some great deal and my husband was trying to convince me. I told him my first take out meal since February was in no way going to be Pizza Hut. I'm holding out for something delicious.

Yep, we’ve ordered an average of once a week since “stay at home”, plus DD works at an Indian restaurant and always brings food home after her shift. In the past week we’ve eaten out twice now that restaurants are opening, both times on the patio. Still feels weird to go inside one, plus the weather is finally nice so I’d much rather eat outside anyway.

We haven't got take out since mid-March due to the pandemic and we have felt it is safer to avoid taking the chance. You never know what happens in the kitchen! As more things open up, we're wondering if we're being overly paranoid and it may be a good time to re-introduce take out. Thoughts?

Same thing here. We have not purchased takeout or fast food of any type since the shut down. We also felt it wasn't worth the stress of feeling like the packaging could have virus on it if someone sneezed, coughed, etc. We may start to ease up soon seeing so many people we know have been doing it all along.

Haven't read all the replies, but wouldn't the risk of getting takeout be akin to the risk of going to the grocery store to purchase food? Unless you won't leave the house at all, I personally wouldn't be concerned about any additional exposure.

I don't see it as the same for some reason. The thought of someone's hands (or gloved hands) directly on my burger just makes me a bit uncomfortable right now, vs whatever i purchase in the supermarket is either washed (fruits or veggies) or cooked by me, or packaged elsewhere, probably by a machine.

I don't see it as the same for some reason. The thought of someone's hands (or gloved hands) directly on my burger just makes me a bit uncomfortable right now, vs whatever i purchase in the supermarket is either washed (fruits or veggies) or cooked by me, or packaged elsewhere, probably by a machine.

Just curious, are you still buying fresh berries, and if so, how do you wash them. We have only been buying fruits with skin to peel. I miss my berries.

Same thing here. We have not purchased takeout or fast food of any type since the shut down. We also felt it wasn't worth the stress of feeling like the packaging could have virus on it if someone sneezed, coughed, etc. We may start to ease up soon seeing so many people we know have been doing it all along.

Or worse, they may have sneezed or coughed on the cooked food. That is worse than sneezing on the outside of the take out container, IMO.

More than 20%- I am making way more on unemployment than when I was working so being they are out there working during this crap I am feeling very grateful and generous.
For takeout? We've always tipped 20%. We're not getting takeout right now but if we were we would be tipping over the norm of 20%. That's what you're supposed to tip just like restaurants. (obviously not if bad service etc). And I always make sure to give a $5 tip minimum if I got a tiny order for myself that the tip falls under $5.

You have to inhale the virus through your throat to catch it.
You can get the virus like many other viruses by touching something and then touching your eyes, mouth. The risk is lower than person to person contact but it is still a risk and not the absence of one. (Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional. This is the most current update from the CDC).

Last edited:
I feel the same. Plus, I don't believe they are all wearing gloves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter