• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Artist Point Evil Queen-Snow White character meal opinions and food substitutions?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been to Artist Point character meal lately that can share their opinion? Is it worth it?

My DD really wants to try it for the atmosphere and character meets but is a VERY picky eater! She is 12 so at adult pricing and I'm not sure she will eat anything on the menu-do they allow substitutions for the less adventurous eaters that still want to experience the character meal?

We are still on the fence on adding the Dining Plan for our trip. If anyone has used the DP at Artist Point, I am interested in the that too. Are the non-alcoholic specialty drinks included?

Thanks in advance!!

I really liked it. One specialty nonalcoholic drink (or alcoholic if you prefer) is included. They do allow substitutions.

We went in June and really enjoyed the experience. The food was good, our server was amazing and the theme and environment was a lot of fun!!!!

We went in June and our server was great. The food was really good. We went again in September. Our server was awful. She was nasty. She had an attitude from the minute we sat down. She treated the table next to us very different. She was annoyed from the beginning because she was going through the things she liked on the menu. When my mom mentioned we had been there before. She commented she wish we would have mentioned before she did her schmeal (sp). That was it. She was horrible from that moment on. She gave us the bill before dessert even came out. Didn't ask if we wanted coffee. We saw her giving coffee to the table next to us, so we asked her for coffee. She sighed and made a face. Definitely made the difference in the experience. Probably won't be back for a while.

It was ok. Food was good except for desserts which were awful. We didn’t substitute anything. Experience with characters was fine. Server was average and a little rude when I asked if they took TIW and he laughed. Artist point always did so I assumed the character dinner would. We will never go back just because they hVe mutilated the beAutiful dining room of Artist Point with cheesy decorations.

I loved it. My family did not although everyone thought the character interaction was great. We were on the dining plan and you can get a magic potion drink thst was quite fun for the kids. My daughter didn’t like the dessert and they brought her out a Mickey ice cream bar

My adult daughter and I went over Labor Day weekend and really enjoyed it. I thought the food was good and the characters were fun. Given the general high cost of meals at Disney I thought this one was worth it. We liked the desserts too- which seems to differ from a lot of people.

My adult daughter and I went over Labor Day weekend and really enjoyed it. I thought the food was good and the characters were fun. Given the general high cost of meals at Disney I thought this one was worth it. We liked the desserts too- which seems to differ from a lot of people.
We liked the desserts as well

Thanks for all the comments! Is the dress code more casual now that it is a character meal? My DD wants to Disneybound as Snow White and we were going to make some t-shirts Evil Queen themed but I wasn't sure if T-shirts were appropriate since Artist Point was a dressier meal before it changed to characters.

Is it all you can eat like a cruise and you request more of what you like or just plated and you get what you get served only?

What is allowed for substitutions? I'm wondering if a simple chicken sandwich or something similar served at Whispering Canyon would be an option if she doesn't want to brave and try out something new!

Thanks for all the comments! Is the dress code more casual now that it is a character meal? My DD wants to Disneybound as Snow White and we were going to make some t-shirts Evil Queen themed but I wasn't sure if T-shirts were appropriate since Artist Point was a dressier meal before it changed to characters.

Is it all you can eat like a cruise and you request more of what you like or just plated and you get what you get served only?

What is allowed for substitutions? I'm wondering if a simple chicken sandwich or something similar served at Whispering Canyon would be an option if she doesn't want to brave and try out something new!
You can wear whatever. My daughter wore her Snow White costume. My DH and I both wore T-shirt/tank top and shorts. Nothing fancy.

We were fine with the food they gave us so we didn’t ask for more.

We went on Thursday. Thought the character interaction was average, at best. Except for the queen, she was awesome.

Appetizers were ok. DS10 would only eat the shrimp and string cheese.

Dinner was quite good. DS10 was able to substitute fries with the prime rib.

We all only liked one of the desserts. We were all stuffed b this point, so it was ok.

The place is very loud. Our server was great.

We would consider going back if we get free dining again, but I would not pay out of pocket for it.

We were there last week. We liked the appetizers. I would say they are a little more adventurous than average. The soup was amazing. I had the gnocchi and it was good. My husband had the pork shank and it was so good. Definitely recommend. The kids appetizer was cute and they enjoyed it. I liked the pie for dessert. It is pretty tart. The apple is good as well. We were stuffed by the end.

If we do it, DH is low or no salt - so we would have notified the restaurant 48 hours before
I hope the waiter/waitress does not have a problem with us.

DH could eat an appetizer from the children's menu
From the Garden = Fruit Vegetables, Cheese, and omit the create-your-own Honey Butter
I could do the Mushroom Bisque - I love mushroom soup

I would get the kids roasted potatoes instead of the horseradish mashed potatoes for the prime rib
And DH could also do the prime rib
I think prime rib has 91 mg of salt in it
Fine for DH diet

Sounds like a fun place to eat dinner - maybe for our 35th wedding anniversary

I sent WDW a note about swapping items on the menu - I will find out if they will do it with advance notice

Last edited:
If we do it, DH is low or no salt - so we would have notified the restaurant 48 hours before
I hope the waiter/waitress does not have a problem with us.

DH could eat an appetizer from the children's menu
From the Garden = Fruit Vegetables, Cheese, and omit the create-your-own Honey Butter
I could do the Mushroom Bisque - I love mushroom soup

I would get the kids roasted potatoes instead of the horseradish mashed potatoes for the prime rib
And DH could also do the prime rib
I think prime rib has 91 mg of salt in it
Fine for DH diet

Sounds like a fun place to eat dinner - maybe for our 35th wedding anniversary

I sent WDW a note about swapping items on the menu - I will find out if they will do it with advance notice
How do you contact WDW about dining restrictions? I am on a low sodium diet also and I’d like to know in advance what QS and sit downs offer so I can do my planning. Thanks!

We went last week and, other than issues related to our own children's behavior, we had a great time. Our server was wonderful, offered suggestions and described the drinks really well. We have 2 under 3, so we were sharing our plates with them, but he brought them drinks and crayons and I think there were extra appetizers, which was really nice because they loved the mushroom soup. And he gave us a AP discount even though we aren't passholders - not sure why, it was just on the bill. The Evil Queen was delightful. DS (4) is obsessed w/ the story and I knew the interaction would be better with a little prep, so I taught him to bow and say "pleased to meet you, Your Majesty", which he did and she responded hilariously to him. My not quite 2 yo was not interested in most characters, but just lit up seeing the Queen and ran to her, so we were joking that DD could apprentice with her. Snow was just meh but I feel that way about the way most of the princesses are trained. Grumpy was adorable b/c one of my kids was being a little grumpy herself, so they were grumpy together.

We were in t-shirts and shorts. We had been planning to go back to the room and change, but we were running behind schedule and that would've made us late, so we just went as we were. We saw lots of people dressed like us, some dressed up and a lot of kids in Snow White costumes.

My kids are not particularly picky and are Disney kids, so no help there. I imagine they'll let her choose anything from any part of the menu she will eat and just charge her the adult price. I did see "chicken fingers available on request" at the bottom of the kids menu, but if you call, they'll be able to help. The menu also changes seasonally, so even if there isn't something now, there may be by the time you go.

Is there a specific email to contact Disney with dining questions or per restaurant/resort?

If anyone has a contact email or phone # for Artist Point--that would be great!!

We will be visiting in a few weeks, so we really need to decide or let someone else have the reservation since they are so hard to come by!

Dining With A Special Diet in Disney World and Disneyland
Walt Disney World Special Diets
The Walt Disney World food and beverage team strives to accommodate guests with special diets. In three easy steps, you can dine knowing that all reasonable efforts will be made to address your concerns.
  1. Make your Advance Dining Reservations and note your special diet on each reservation
  2. Email the Special Diets department — Special.Diets@DisneyWorld.com; or call them at (407) 824-5967
  3. Talk to the Chef or Restaurant Manager when you arrive the restaurant
Reservations
When making your Advance Dining Reservation (ADR) for a table-service restaurant, specify your dietary requirements and have them noted on your ADR. Be adamant that you want your special diet noted on your reservation and request a consultation with a chef, if needed! Call (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter