• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ATC Swap Due! ALL Mailed Back. Thanks!

Yipee!!! Mine came today :banana:

Ok now here's the big question....

To punch or not to punch :confused3

I have the ATC spinner and I :love: the way it looks with the ribbons and fiber peeking out but I am conflicted about making holes in my beautiful new cards...:confused:

What should I do...

Yipee!!! Mine came today :banana:

Ok now here's the big question....

To punch or not to punch :confused3

I have the ATC spinner and I :love: the way it looks with the ribbons and fiber peeking out but I am conflicted about making holes in my beautiful new cards...:confused:

What should I do...

Wow, that was quick! That's great! Everyone should get theirs by Monday or Tusday the latest.
Tinkerbean, as far as punching them, it's up to you. I have a book that I also like to put them in to enjow & take with me to show my friends.
Here's an idea....You could punch them & write down the info that is on the back & put them on bigger card stock & then write the info on the back of those with a pretty stamp or something.
I'm soooo sorry guys that I didn't post any pics. Time is crazy & for hosting my 1st swap was challenging. I was more focused on trying to get these out quickly to everyone.
If you guys have time, you can post what all you made. That would be sooo great! If not, I totally understand. Thanks again everyone. I had so much fun!

I have not bought one of those spinners yet...I just can't bring myself to punch cards yet.I'll stick to my Basesball card holders.:thumbsup2

:banana::banana::woohoo::yay: Mine came this morning :faint: that was WAY quick:thumbsup2 Everything looks brilliant - thanks Michi, can't wait for the next round now:goodvibes Even mine don't look too lame;)

If you want to put them on a spinny thing, but not punch them, could you get some little plastic bags and punch the bags instead?:idea:

Mine came the other day, too. Thanks, Michi!

Mazda, that's actually how I've seen things on the turnstyle ..... in little plastic baggies or sleeves. That's why I didn't understand why someone would punch the cards....No way! Although, I still wouldn't want the turnstyle.

I have the spinner thing. I bought the punched cards and red dividers for it.

I use the little clear ATC covers (the one I sent my cards in) and glued one to each side of the punched card and then put the ATCs in so the front of each shows but I can still pull them out and see the backs and they aren't defaced.

I guess the reason why people punch them is because sometimes there are things hanging off of them & they won't fit in the clear ATC baggies for the carousel.
Now, if you are going to make your own ATCs for your carousel & not swap, you could always make your cards 3.5x2.5 & put them on a bigger card & then punch the card. I like hanging the actual cards on them because I like to see the textures & things hand off of them. But I only puch my own that I have made, & then put the others in my book.
So I'll put my ATC on a bigger card so I can punch that one with out damaging my the actual ATC.
Disney Rider, hopefully you will be getting yours in next..Thanks everyone.
Remember, f you have any ideas for the next swap,please let me know.
Also, how many would you like to a group this time? I'm thinking 5 just in case there are any last minute flakers. I just don't want this to happen again.
Hopefully my next swap won't be so challenging, & I will post pics as well.

I can't fit some of my cards into the baseball haolders - either they are too thick or there are bits which would get crumpled (including my June cards in this - I'll check before I do the next swap:rolleyes1)

I still love them all though:lovestruc

Ok so I'm actually getting a min to sit down and really look at the cards.
Some really stood out to me.
Yodasmom:the polynesian (sp) one OMG I love it!!!! And the art deco OMG seriously you outdid yourself!! where did you get the gold trim???
Michi : the chicks sitting on the beach SOOO friggin cute!!! And thanks you for my white rabbit one!!! it's next to my AIWL one I did :thumbsup2
I also love the October one done by Marlynn I'm a huge autumn stuff fan so this was so cute.
Mazda YOU MY GIRL!!!! LOVE the British Punk one!!!! the safty pin was the perfect accent!
And BAMB the vintage fashion is so much better in person :)
And I like the Frech one AWM did it looks like you used an old earing from the 80's!! Love it :thumbsup2

But looking at all these backs I need a stamp BAD!!!
Thanks everyone so much and I will see you next round!!!
I have a suggestion for a catagory:
Famous landmarks (Satue of Liberty, Eiffel Tower etc...)

Maybe have a group where you have to use a certain thing for a background. Like everyone use a map for a back ground.

Pick a U.S. state group

Pick and era (50's 60's, etc...)

Color combo's (Blk&Wht, Red&Wht,Etc...)

ATC's made from recycled stuff like a "Go Green" Catagory
Make a card with food labels, boxes etc...

Those are just a few suggestions take em' leave em' use em' IDC :lovestruc:thumbsup2

Thanks for Hotessing chick Hugs :hug:

Yodasmom:the polynesian (sp) one OMG I love it!!!! And the art deco OMG seriously you outdid yourself!! where did you get the gold trim???

I have a suggestion for a catagory:
Famous landmarks (Satue of Liberty, Eiffel Tower etc...)

Thanks, DR!!

The Poly one was made with one or two stamps I picked up in Hawaii in November. (You know that trip I took where the Veterinarian bills from having boarded my dog will end up costing 4 times the cost of the trip!) Sorry, to go on a tangent, I'm still upset! I used alcohol inks, etc to blend the background, and some special fiber paper next to it.

The Art Deco one was also made using two Deco stamps. I'm a huge Art Deco fan! The gold trim I got from an online store where I bought some stamps. It is actually in Canada, but I think postage was much less than the US stores,

RE: the idea of a landmark group....I have several Chicago rubber stamps that I got in a shop here since that's where I'm from. Someone did a series of landmarks and I really love them. I even have one of the old Marshall Fields clock that is so well-known.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter