• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 2006 Eastern Cruise Who is Going?

Hopefully, The Isalnds won't get hit with HURRICAINEs like this for many years...

Mary Rose, will it be over by the time you go down there again??
Doreen

I wonder how may others have decided on the 19th as well. As I said before, The 10 day cruise was a great adventure but just cut it too close to the start of school. This way if happens again (which is HIGHLY doubtful) I have a whole week and a half before school starts, no problems!
I also asked the TA about the price difference between the last week and the second to last week. She said while the last week is the lowest (that is why we have sailed three times the last week in August:hyper: ) The second to last week is really not that much more compared to say, the first week in August. SOOO the 19th it is.
Caren

The Saturdays in August are the 5th, 12th, 19th, and 26th. I'm hoping that the 19th will be an eastern itinerary. So who is going on the 19th no matter what?? Who is going on the eastern on either the 12th or 19th?? I'll have to talk to John some more about this, maybe we'd prefer the date (the 19th) rather than the itinerary. :confused:

I think what we'll do when the dates come out is try and book the same cabin we had the last time, knowing that it sleeps 4 people, and only book it for the 2 of us so we'd only have to put down $500 instead of $1000, then add the kids later. Craig will be 18 at the time so he won't count towards the total of teens, but we'd have to make sure that we booked in time to get Robby onboard, before they reach their quota for teens. (Did I explain that correctly?? LOL). I know that even a few months before this last cruise, there was no more room in any of the kid's clubs, so if you had kids of any age you couldn't book a cabin.

So now the decision will be..... Cruise on the 19th even if its the western itinerary again...Or cruise on the 12th or 26th if those are the easterns. We're doing another western caribbean itinerary on Voyager of the Seas next summer, but we'll only be repeating one of the ports we visited this year, Grand Cayman, so it won't be too much like our cruise this year.

Which way are all of you leaning??

I would go for the itinerary rather than the week. I have been on the western 3X now and I know Bob would not agree to another western cruise. I am really hoping that they will change the itinerary a bit and then he will want to do DCL again in 2006. I would love to see Aruba, Barbados or some other islands I have never been too.

Ginny

I'm not sure what I would choose. I really like the Western Itinerary. Carol is interested in trying another cruise line also in 2005, so we are going to check out Celebrity, RCCL or Princess.

I probably would want to go Eastern if we do go in 2005, so then maybe the date would be better no matter what the itinerary. decisions, decisions.

OK guys..Sue Ellen posted the "special western itinerary for every 4th week of 2006 May 27th - Dec 9th. So assuming that my calculations are right.. the eastern cruises would be August 12th and August 26th and August 19th would be one of the "special western cruises with 2 days at castaway cay and cozumel and costa maya as the ports.

Supposedly - DCL is opening up bookings tomorrow. I personally dont care to go western again.... It would be great if they could come up with a modified eastern cruise too.

Ginny

Ginny: Thanks for that info!! That western itinerary actually looks pretty good, with 2 days at CC. But on the other hand, I do want to try an eastern cruise. Decisions, decisions....lol

So it looks like we'll be cruising on the eastern on August 12th, or the special western on August 19th. Hmm...a lot to think about!

OMG DECICIONS DECISIONS

Now what, I LOVE Cozumel, and 2 days at CC and Costa Maya. OH Gee the 19th does look better and better. Lets see what the Eadtern offers.

I need to know what dates are everyone going. I am Reenieny secretary today. She was sick last nite and I want to book this am. Can anyone give me the dates and show me where to go to see the itinerary and dates????? Please help:wave2: :bounce:

Hi Karen!

I hope Doreen is feeling better today!

I've been checking Disney's own web site and some other Travel Agent sites and so far none of them are showing the 2006 rates or dates. I am guessing here, but I think the travel agents are probably making their group bookings with DCL this morning.

What date are you going to book? I've read a couple of different threads on the Cruise Boards and as of right now, no one is absolutely positive on the dates for the different itineraries.

Keep checking back though, hopefully something definite will show up today!

Thanks for answering so soon. Do you know what the eastern Itinerary is?????:wave2: ::MinnieMo

Thanks!!!

We would like to go when everyone else is going if we can get an agreeable date. I am flexible. I just want to go and have fun with all you guys again!!!!:wave2: ::MinnieMo

it looks like the schedule that DVCREG posted is the right one. Thats the one that Dreams Unlimited has loaded into their request quote system.

The eastern is Aug 5th
Western is August 12th
Special Western is August 19th
Western is August 26th
Eastern is Sep 2nd

I would probably go for the Eastern on the 5th.. or maybe (if I can convince Bob) the special western on the 19th.

Ginny

Ok I am on the phone with DCL now. Aug 5, normal Eastern, Aug 12 and Aug 26 normal Western.. Aug 19 is the special WESTERN with Costa MAYA, so its CC,Sea,CM, COZ,Sea, CC port Canaveral.
I am looking to book it right now to go AUG 19 specail cruise... Whats everyone else think> I know we all liked COSTA MAYA.

Tell me what you think?
Doreen

Just got off the phone with DCL. Here are the rates I got for a Category 6 cabin:

August 5th (eastern): $2158. per person

August 12th (regular western): $2163.18 per person

August 19th (special western): $1699.78 per person

These rates are for 2 people in the cabin, and do not include insurance or transfers, but do include taxes and port fees.

The CM told me that she expects these rates to go UP tomorrow.

I didn't book anything yet; not sure which date, and also can't get John to commit definitely to DCL in 2006!! :sad1:

Doreen - did you book an SPH.... I have a quote into Dreams - lets see what they can do..

My sister had booked on board and she called this morning and transferred her ressie to the April 22, 2006 in room 5520 for $3300 for a family of 4 which is a great price for that time of year.

Plus the $200 on board credit

Ginny

We did book the special Aug 19 , 2006. Anyoe else in?? Ginny, talk BOB into it..
Terry and Joanna, you in?? Mary ROSE and John? you in,, you know how much you love COZAMEL...
Bobby and CINDY... BOOK IT DANNO!!!..
WAHOOOO!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
Yes, 2 stops at CC which is very nice, since there wa so much to do there. I really did ENJOY the excursion we did at COZ BEACH BREAK. the food was great, the sun and of course the FREE DRINKS>LOL..
Ok lets see who is the next one to book.:earsgirl: :earsboy:

Terry thanks for the get wells... I was so sick with migraines and n/v.. But better today...

Doreen

Doreen - what room did you get.. so I can make sure Im far away from you so we dont have to compete for ice. LOL...

We got your rooms... I got a great price too for 4 of us only $3800..
whooo..

Doreen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter