• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 2006 Eastern Cruise Who is Going?

Mjasp

DIS Veteran
Let this be the starting point, when the dates come out, we can branch off into different threads, with the correct dates.

OK, Let the "LIST" grow

Joanna

I just got done making booking Devin (DS) and I for 2006 Eastern. (They actually booked us on a December 2005 cruise, which we will change as soon as the 2006 schedule comes out and we can agree on a date.)

By the way, they ARE still giving the re-booking discount, at the moment, but I have no idea how much longer it will last.

Last time I booked 5 months in advance and had a hard time waiting that long. Now I have to wait 23 months... I'll never make it!

Dori :crazy:

Well, count me in. I just spoke with my DH, and while we haven't even done our August 2005, he's already set to book another one! So, add us to the list. Let me know more when you find out. Are we supposed to list what category we want, or is that for later?

Yikes, are we obsessed or what? :crazy:

invaderzim,

I have a couple of friends in the office here that are also going on the 2-week eastbound Panama Canal cruise in August 2005 with their two sons. It looks like alot of fun. Too bad it's already booked solid! (I was also eyeballing the 7 day west coast cruises for next summer, but decided that I couldn't afford to spend that much on vacation EVERY year. Maybe I'll just stick to a trip down the coast to Disneyland next summer instead.)

Dori

I went back over the posts and here's a list of 8/28 DISers that ****might**** consider a summer 2006 Eastern Cruise:

So far there seems to be 47 of us:

MJASP...with DH, DD, DD
Winnyis...with DH, DD, DS
Darwin91...with DH, DD
Sandygirl...with DH, DD
Seaspray...with DH, DS, DS
Lynr... with DH, DS
O'BWV...Mary Rose with DH John, DD Taryn and DS John
MoranClan...with DW, DD, DD, DS
Reenieny...Doreen with DH Marty, DD Jaclyn, DS Daniel
Reenieny....DSis Karen, DMom Theresa, DMom's DH Roger
Invaderzim...with DH and DD
pattieteach....with DH, DS, DS, DD
ElliotFan....with DS
Caren90...with DH, DD, DS

Hi everyone - I removed all the ages of the kids since is two years off and I didn't want to include anyones "real" names without asking first. Just let me know if you want your names added. Thanks!

Did I miss anyone?

-Mary Rose

Hey Joanna - Thanks for starting the new thread!!!!

-Mary Rose

Good job, Mary Rose...BUT you have to put screen name first, in case anyone else who we don't know joins us. BTW, I thought we knew everyone. LOL

How many people have already rebooked with the intention of moving the date to 06 once they open them up. I am considering doing that to take advantage of the 10% and $200 but hate to tie up more money on an 06 cruise when I still have to pay for the 05 repo cruise.

Ginny

Ginny...Did they tell you 10% with a $200 stateroom credit or 25% off?

Am hearing rumors but am unsure what is true.

Joanna

Count us in! :sunny:

I'd like to know what the current offer for us Aug. 28th cruisers is. If it's only the 10% and $200, then we'll wait to book. If it's 25% off the cruise, then it might be worth it to book now.

Maybe I should give DCL a call and see what they say....

*dialing DCL*......

Hmm...the CM I just spoke with put me on hold and when she came back she said they are not offering anything special at all for the Aug 28th cruisers, not even the 10% and $200 credit. Looks like we missed out anyway. :rolleyes:

If someone else can call, maybe we can find a CM with better info. LOL

I just booked two hours ago and was told that I was getting the re-booking discount. (I have to admit that I didn't ask the actual pertage of the discount, but I did get one.) The CM I talked to had to put me on hold and confer with her supervisor and it was the supervisor that actually did the booking for me.

Dori

I spoke to an "Alice" yesterday and she said nothing was offered.

I spoke to an "Amber" today who spoke to a supervisor yesterday when someone else called about the same question and her supervisor said 25% off and something would come in the mail.

OK someone else call and see what you get or Terry try again for someone else and see what they say and ask them to a ask a supervisor.

Joanna

I went online and checked the reservations I just made and it looks like the discount was only 10%. If it should have been 25%, then I'll need to call and see "what's up?"!

I just got done talking to a supervisor - the discount for Aug 28 passengers is... 10% and a $200 onboard credit.

Dori

I just called and spoke to a Charles.. after conferring with a supervisor he said she was authorizing him to do it for me and give me the $200 and 10%. That would be great if they offered us 25%....

I had him put a ressie in the system just so he didnt change his mind and I have til next week to give a deposit.

Ginny

We booked on the cruise and got the $200 credit per room and 10%. we were told we can go to any other agent and still keep the $200.
Joanna or Mary Rose,, you can add my kids names,,,, Daniel feels left out. JACLYN AND DANIEL with me and Marty...
And my Mom is Theresa and Roger.. Roger ih home this afternoon from the hospital. he is 80- but looks maybe 65-70. We re suppose to take him to NYC on his Bday in October. He has never seen the BIG APPLE!!!..
I told him just wait till you go on the cruise,, The BIG APPLE is on board with all the NEW YORKERS,,lol

Someone PLEASE tell me how to add things tothe bottomof my posts.. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!..
Cindy.. Jaclyn wants to know if "HER GIRLS" will be going on the cruise too?

CRUISE CRUISE CRUISE CRUISE!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
I wonder if this time the person ( I think Kathy)if her husband will be able to make this cruise and still wear his SPEEDO!!!!

Doreen

Hello Everyone!

I just called DCL and booked the bogus 11/12/05. After being transferred to "special accounts" (or special something) I was able to get the 10% & $200 credit. I did explain to the regular DCL employee our situation and that I wanted to book an 2005 cruise and then change to 2006. She said there is an $85 change fee if a change is made after 30 days. Have any of you ever heard of that? She also said 2006 rates should be out by the end of the month! Stay tuned..............

Doreen - Glad to hear about you DMom's DH!

Ginny - Did you get your pictures back? Hope so!

-Mary Rose

Hello Everyone...

yes Doreen...Jackie's girls are coming..

I spoke with Amber yesterday and she told me it was 25%..Dang it I should have booked it..hehe...

Yes we are going.....We may do a Cat 3 or get 2 cat 6's not sure yet..We need 2 bathrooms and a verandah..

Our MIL may be coming also...So I definately need 2 Bathrooms..

Bobby

Count us in. I did not now I could book the cruise for earlier and then change the date and recieve the discount. Is that right?

OK I'm am going to book a Bogus cruise tomorrow.

Mary Rose and Ginny...Did you book with 4 people or 2?

Joanna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter